• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 BestBuy locations revealed for upcoming SmashFest!hype!:)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Last edited by a moderator:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Kirby, Sonic and Pikachu is popping out the box. Which means we'll be getting MK, Mewtwo, and possibly a new 3rd party ;) (totally joking - although ... this did follow last direct)

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Ugh... Hoover... Why...? Do I drive 2-3 hours for a brief play session or just wait it out? Decisions.

Mariuigi

Smash Rookie
Of all places to put events in Florida, they're all an hour or more away from Orlando.
Really? T_T
And the two days they chose are days where I either have class or am taking the ACT...

I guess I will have to enjoy these demo's through someone else's camera :c

Edit: "Store exclusions are subject to change without notice."

Hopefully this means that more and better locations will be added

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I may as well check the link, I'm gonna be going on vacation with my girlfriend to Texas during E3, so....
(Checks the link)
PHOOEY!!!! The closest BestBuy to where I'm staying that is participating is a four hour drive!!!

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Damn. The closest one is almost 3 to 4 hours away. Looks like im just gonna have to rely on you guys to provide footage. :urg:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The closest and only location in my state is over three hours away. Seems like they only care about the central part of the my state, when the city I live nearest to is the second largest city in the state, yet the one they chose isn't even close.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Seriously, why do they do this to me... WHY CANADA?!
I'd need to travel to Michigan just to get a chance at playing - and thats a 4 hours drive ... no smash for me I guess. Play as Rosa for me guys :(

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
AH! Yes! Good news! I'll be leaving for vacation June 8th. Now, my destination is only 25 minutes away from one of the events! I'll make sure and record any gameplay that happens. I'll set up a Youtube account and post my videos there for you all to watch.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
The place in PA are 3+ hours away from me. Looks like I'm going to MD, which is only a 1 hour trip.

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
Argh, a lot of them are an hour away from me.

>_> This sucks...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Welp, I'm not sure.
It says it's a 20 min drive. So while it's not bad, I was hoping it would be a little closer.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Aw man, my state isn't even listed, and the nearest city is five hours away. Oh well, you guys better record a bunch of gameplay for me to drool over.

Electric Lady

Smash Rookie
NNID
JohnQuixote
3DS FC
0662-4546-8146
The nearest to me is in San Francisco, probably about an hour's trip on public transit. I want to leave early and try to get one of the coins, but I bet I'd have to show up before opening to get one of em in my grip.

The SF one is probably going to be huge so I doubt I'll get the chance to try multiple characters. I want to try Little Mac or Rosalina, but if the newcomers are getting totally overpicked I'll just go with Dedede. I want to stay around and watch some of the matches, so I'll get to see how folks play, either way.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Welp, I'm not sure.
It says it's a 20 min drive. So while it's not bad, I was hoping it would be a little closer.
I'll be driving 3 hours. I'm pretty used to that sort of thing though, I live in the middle of nowhere and have to drive over 1 hour just to go shopping.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I called the location in North Little Rock, Arkansas, which is not on the list.

The lady had no idea what I was talking about. "Super Smash Pros?" "No... the video game Super Smash Bros., as in Brothers."

She went to go find out, and whoever she talked to confirmed that they were indeed hosting it, and they seemed to be reading off of a flyer. I'm not sure why they would receive a flyer if this wasn't true, but due to the confusion I will keep up with it and call back in a few days.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Anyone else read that it said if you're one of the first 70 people to pre-order you get a Smash Bros. coin? I would pre-order there, but it seems like you would have to pick up your copy in the store on release day, and I'm moving in August, so I wouldn't be able to go back to the store if it releases after I move. :sadeyes:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, why do they do this to me... WHY CANADA?!
I'd need to travel to Michigan just to get a chance at playing - and thats a 4 hours drive ... no smash for me I guess. Play as Rosa for me guys :(
I think Canada announced locations later last time, so there's still a chance for you. If not, hopefully there are lots of videos so you can at least do some analysis.

@ yahooda yahooda I have the same issue. I'm moving July 14, so I'm pretty sure the 3DS version will release after I move, so I can't reserve it.

Last edited:

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I'll be driving 3 hours. I'm pretty used to that sort of thing though, I live in the middle of nowhere and have to drive over 1 hour just to go shopping.
Are you me? I have to drive about 45 minutes to shop,
I have made a bit of an observation. The "smashfest" background on the Best Buy website has the characters in a "looping" order as you can see from the top and bottom, but it doesn't include all of the characters. Could this be the demo roster? It would be strange for them to show so many characters twice and so many not at all otherwise. In order they appear on the loop starting with Mario (17 characters):

Mario
Olimar
Little Mac
Link
Kirby
Samus
Rosalina
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Greninja
Zelda
Wii Fit Trainer
Marth
Mega Man
Pit
Villager
Pikachu

Excluded characters:

Yoshi
Fox
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
King Dedede
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Charizard
Ike
Take a look at the background image, it's url is http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_U...14/vg/pr/smashfest/smashfest_takeoverart3.jpg, but if you remove the "3" at the end of the url, you get this image instead http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2014/vg/pr/smashfest/smashfest_takeoverart.jpg which shows Fox as well.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I live in Nashville, TN, (the capitol of Tennessee) which has like 5 best buys in the down town area, which is 15 mins away. Instead of THE CAPITOL OF THE STATE they have Knoxville, Memphis, and Jaxsonville. All of those about 3 and a half miles away. Which one should I go to than?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Are you me? I have to drive about 45 minutes to shop,

Take a look at the background image, it's url is http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_U...14/vg/pr/smashfest/smashfest_takeoverart3.jpg, but if you remove the "3" at the end of the url, you get this image instead http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2014/vg/pr/smashfest/smashfest_takeoverart.jpg which shows Fox as well.
Excellent observation! I was looking at the background image (DK and Greninja aren't visible by default on my resolution), but I didn't think to play with the URL. That suggests leaving Fox out (the strangest omitted character) was perhaps an oversight which could give us an 18 character demo with everyone I listed plus Fox.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i know what im doing...recording matches with my 3ds so i can post them to youtube in "leak" quality then despite everyone knowing about the event people will still call it fake

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I live in Fredericksburg, VA. I can either take an hour and a half drive to Charlottesville, a two and a half drive to Chesapeake, or an almost hour drive to West Broad Street in some place called Glen Allen where I've never been or even heard of before.

But PaulKagebein's post makes me want to go check with my local Best Buy to find out if they're secretly doing it too. If not, at least the one in Glen Allen isn't that far.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, it seems I'm off to the West Bank; a place I rarely go on purpose. But Smash Bros. is worth it and it's only 10 minutes away.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So apparently 3 out of the 4 stores in NY are in and around Long Island, and the only other is north of Albany. Screw you Nintendo, there are actually people in Upstate, Central and Western New York. I'm actually livid about this.

Seriously, it's like no one knows we exist. What a joke. It's annoying enough that people constantly post in the NYS Social, asking about fests in the city, and whenever I tell someone that I'm from NY, they immediately ask what part of the city... and now the big N has no idea of our existence. It's not like we don't have cities out here, we've got Syracuse and Rochester.
Ironically, Central New York was involved with the E3 2013 event, so that seems quite ridiculous, unless SmashFest requires a Best Buy that's bigger than what Central and Western New York can offer.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I don't even have to look at the revealed locations to know that I don't have to travel far. I live in California.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
yay now if only i could drive

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If I were able to drive, my dilemma probably would've been different, but I can't drive, and my parents have to work as well.

Top Bottom