• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 BestBuy locations revealed for upcoming SmashFest!hype!:)

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-p...st/pcmcat332400050002.c?id=pcmcat332400050002

My friend and I will be attending and will try to record as much as possible for those who aren't attending to see. :)

I will bed discussing about how the game physics are and anything new that wasn't said by sakurai.

I will use Wii Fit trainer first and then the other newcomers.

It's a 2 day event with limited time so I will try to record as much as possible with my friend.

Will also see differences between Vetrans from brawl to smash 4.

Am deciding on what veterans to try first?

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Wow, this is a TON more locations than last year. For example, in Indiana, you could only play last year at the Greenwood location. Now, there's 3 locations. Amazing!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My planned 1 hour drive became a 4 hour one.

Why is there only one store in Oregon?

And why is it in Portland in all places.

If that's it, I can't go.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
3 locations?

All of them 20-30 minute rides?

What what what? I am hype. Come on ride the train. Choo choo ride it!

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Soooo there are no locations in Canada!?..... D:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is one pretty close to me,

I'm not sure if I'll go though

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Dear anyone complaining they have to travel 'too far' for these events (or anyone planning to complain),

It would take me 18 hours to get to my closest BestBuy. By plane.

Sincerely,

An Australian Citizen

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
*SIGHS HEAVILY* From the Philipppines here ^_^ All of you are so lucky to try out the game today. Well, have a good time everybody XD

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
2 minute drive from here! Only one location and I thought it would be in the capitol, too.

:colorful::psycho::joyful::chuckle:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i could travel a 1-2 hour drive to several different possible locations...or a 3 hour one but it would be to "no where vermont" which i imagine would have almost no attendance and probably much more worth my time instead of driving to stand in lines... i think the long drive with the possibility of more time to play sounds like the way to go.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Dear anyone complaining they have to travel 'too far' for these events (or anyone planning to complain),

It would take me 18 hours to get to my closest BestBuy. By plane.

Sincerely,

An Australian Citizen
Maybe Australia should move closer to the rest of the world

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
You'd think one of the several places near the nation's capitol would be participating. But no.

The closest one to me isn't even in my state and it's 45 minutes away.

Last edited:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Two hours is too long for me besides I'll have lots of videos to watch in that time.

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Broker than broke means I can't take the 45 minute drive I'd need to visit the one in Winston Salem. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Please let employment strike in the next week or two. ;__;

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's no good. I don't live anywhere near the Best Buys that will be hosting the Smash Bros. event, which is sad, considering that one of my Best Buys was involved with the E3 2013 event.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I have two locations a decent distance away from my house.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You're quite fortunate there. I'd have to travel 3+ hours to get to the nearest Best Buy that's holding the event, and that's not worth it if the event is only on Wednesday and Saturday for set time periods.

And knowing Nintendo, eShop demos are NOT going to happen at all.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Always helpful to live in the only place in Nebraska that ever has anything like this.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Personally I'd be fine with travelling 2 to 4 hours for Smash, not like I'd be using those hours for anything constructive anyways. With that said, I'm not really going to buy a plane ticket and fly overseas just to play Smash, which is sadly the position I'm in.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I have made a bit of an observation. The "smashfest" background on the Best Buy website has the characters in a "looping" order as you can see from the top and bottom, but it doesn't include all of the characters. Could this be the demo roster? It would be strange for them to show so many characters twice and so many not at all otherwise. In order they appear on the loop starting with Mario (17 characters):

Mario
Olimar
Little Mac
Link
Kirby
Samus
Rosalina
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Greninja
Zelda
Wii Fit Trainer
Marth
Mega Man
Pit
Villager
Pikachu

Excluded characters:

Yoshi
Fox
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
King Dedede
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Charizard
Ike

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I have made a bit of an observation. The "smashfest" background on the Best Buy website has the characters in a "looping" order as you can see from the top and bottom, but it doesn't include all of the characters. Could this be the demo roster? It would be strange for them to show so many characters twice and so many not at all otherwise. In order they appear on the loop starting with Mario (17 characters):

Mario
Olimar
Little Mac
Link
Kirby
Samus
Rosalina
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Greninja
Zelda
Wii Fit Trainer
Marth
Mega Man
Pit
Villager
Pikachu

Excluded characters:

Yoshi
Fox
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
King Dedede
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Charizard
Ike
Good observation. True or not, if we can't have them all it generally seems like good choices. I will say the choice of not having Bowser especially (given his overhaul) is odd, as well as others like Fox or Peach who just seem like they'd make sense, again if this is an accurate observation.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
So apparently 3 out of the 4 stores in NY are in and around Long Island, and the only other is north of Albany. Screw you Nintendo, there are actually people in Upstate, Central and Western New York. I'm actually livid about this.

Seriously, it's like no one knows we exist. What a joke. It's annoying enough that people constantly post in the NYS Social, asking about fests in the city, and whenever I tell someone that I'm from NY, they immediately ask what part of the city... and now the big N has no idea of our existence. It's not like we don't have cities out here, we've got Syracuse and Rochester.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm a bit far as well, probably won't be attending. :/ Looking forward to it anyway to see game footage from others.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I feel bad for those of you in the US that are super far away. I've got 3 within a 45 minute drive of me in the DFW area (closest one is about 15 minutes).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sigh, again with the lack of love for Chicago. Like I’ve already mentioned last year, I highly doubt my parents would drive all the way to Shaumberg just for a gaming demo. What grudge does Nintendo even have against my hometown anyway?

(BTW, Chicago is bigger and more famous than ****ing Shaumberg anyway!)

Top Bottom