• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Yoshi on SmashBoards?

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Judging by the skills and players that are here I'm going to have to say that I'm only good as a player who knows very few advanced techs. xD

I hope I'm not saying this around the board too much (As I am new here) but, I want to get as good, if not better, than you guys.

So if you guys think you have the patience to help train a Brawl n00b say so and I'll try go out my way over this weekend to get online.

And...... maybe more on-topic, I'm probably better against a Yoshi than against some other character. I tend to handle Yoshi dittos pretty well on Melee; mostly it helps because you know the other player has the same strengths and weaknesses as you. ^^; I hope that makes sense.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'm totally down for yoshi ditto friendlies and a tournament, although this weekend is out of the question. I need to get out there and show my yoshi prowess :p. Anyways, I think we should make a list of brawl codes on the first page of this thread and atleast compile most of the yoshi mains.

O yeah, you said that you didnt know of any yoshi mains with good records in tournament except for like one., I consistently place 5th-7th in offline tournaments in texas. Not really bragging as just letting you know there is a yoshi in texas representin' the power of the dinosaur lol

Defender

Smash Rookie
I too have been itching to find out just how good my Yoshi is (if such a thing can even be learned playing on WiFi), and I think that an all-Yoshi tournament would be great. What time do you guys think would be good for the tourney (I'm flexible), and how do you think it should be done? Personally, I think a round-robin style tourney would be best because everyone would get a chance to face everyone else, and we could just hold the matches over the course of a week so that everyone could play the matches at their leisure.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I too have been itching to find out just how good my Yoshi is (if such a thing can even be learned playing on WiFi), and I think that an all-Yoshi tournament would be great. What time do you guys think would be good for the tourney (I'm flexible), and how do you think it should be done? Personally, I think a round-robin style tourney would be best because everyone would get a chance to face everyone else, and we could just hold the matches over the course of a week so that everyone could play the matches at their leisure.
You, sir, are a genious! lol I agree, I am in, let's do it over the next week starting on Monday-Sunday. Everyone can make a wordpad and put whether they won or lost against so and so. 2 out of 3, standard matches, and all that jazz. Then, once we play everyone, we pm the results to the thread guy and he posts it!!.. Actually since most people don't wanna do this sort of thing, I'll go ahead and do it. I'll make a thread for it. Anyone that wants to be in it, just send me your brawl code and tell me you wanna be in it. I'll post all the codes on the thread and whatnot. Because of short notice, it probably won't start on Monday but next Monday or something that way everyone has the chance. I'm excited and rambling...so yeah!

auroreon

Smash Ace
This sounds like a wondeful idea, I've always wondered how I stack up against other Yoshis!

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I am lacking good competition in my area and people to play against regularly for the purpose of improving. I think my Yoshi is...ok, but I lack some basic skills and my hands are slow. I wish I knew how good (or bad) I really am since the only people I've played against spam dash attacks and don't even shieldgrab. :/

Defender

Smash Rookie
Awesome! I'm so looking forward to the tourney. Also, thanks for volunteering to handle all the dirty work, bwett1. We all owe you one.

D

Deleted member

NOOOO i dont get back till the week after next =( Cant u guys wait =P

Defender

Smash Rookie
NOOOO i dont get back till the week after next =( Cant u guys wait =P
No, we can't wait for you =P
I don't have a problem waiting until then, but it would be just as easy to start the tournament next week and stretch it out over two weeks. That would give everyone more time to set up matches and would allow burntsocks time to participate.

Its going to be an online ditto tournament?
Yes, it's going to be the Yoshi ditto brawl to end all brawls. Plus, since Yoshi will be the only character allowed in the tournament, I'm sure that he will place very well, which will be a nice change! :)

Bwett

Smash Ace
Alright, so all who are in, just go ahead and pm me your brawl code...yes I understand that it is under your avatar, but I'd rather just have a complete list of contestants in one area. I'm going to make a thread pretty soon. So I'll give a week and one day until now for everyone to send in their brawl codes. Then I'm say for the next two weeks after that Friday, everyone is going to play everyone that is on the list of brawl codes I have. I suggest that everyone send me your AIM user name as well. Please everyone get aim so we can all communicate rather easily. If it comes to it, I will enforce your AIM as an entry fee lol. It will be round robin. That way we all get insane amounts of yoshi dittos and no one is sad...well unless you lose everytime, but atleast you get large amounts of matches with the best of the best in the nation ;). Alright! Get started and get hyped! lol

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I can't play Yoshi dittos in this game, it sounds like two big balls of goo poking each other.

Dibs on dark blue.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
......Shiri.....You know I only pick dark blue. You can use it on everyone else BUT me ^__^
Dark blue's his best color.:laugh: Count me in, Be interesting to see how I compare against ya'll as Yoshi. I mainly play as G&W lately though.

bigman40

Smash Master
Why are you laggy? The reasons I know a person can be laggy is if:
1. Your internet isn't strong enough
2. Other people on the same internet as your wii will make games lag. This goes for internet surfing, downloading, and especially uploading.
3. the distance between your opponent (only really should affect button lag though).

Chaco

Never Logs In
Um, yeah, it was.

And Yoshi is fun to main, it just takes practice.

Bwett

Smash Ace
well anyways how does anybody main yoshi
It's pretty simple actually. Bair, Uair, Dair, Nair, ETS, DR, ECE, Pivot Grab, Jab, Ftilt, Utilt and of course the beautiful smashes. Use any of these in any succession and you have a yoshi main lol. That flexible...it's great lol. Yoshi is just a beautiful specimen. And just a little perk to maining yoshi...usually people complain about MK, Snake, and G&W for their ridiculous strengths, so even if you win with them, no respect. They have nothing to say when they are 3 stocked by what they consider the "inferior" DR-agon lol MWHAHAHA!!!!1!

O yeah, it's all about the green!

EDIT: Alright guys! Here ya go...YOSHI DITTO TOURNAMENT!!!! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178775

D1

Banned via Administration
Red and Dark Blue Yoshi for me ^_^.

Blue when I'm cool...Red when I'm mad >:).

Mmac

Smash Lord
The only Person from Smashboards I've played here is Bigman, so I'm going to say him.

I need to play more SB Yoshi's

Top Bottom