• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best & Worst Moments with Roy

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Hey, well, hopefully this wont spark up any debate. I would just like to know what are your guys' best and worst moments with Roy, if any.

To start off. I went to my first actual tournament and played Roy. After playing a few free plays with some of the players mostly against Marth, word spread fast and I often heard "You guys see that Roy player? He's good."
I personally didn't think I played very well and I don't think anyone was at"pro"- level. But they seemed to like watching me beat many of the Marths and Falcos in the tournament and creating many upsets. It just made me feel all warm and tingly inside.

Well, I would like to hear any memorable situations playing smash with Roy. Thanks :D. Hopefully you guys have some fun with this thread.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to say having to play on Rainbow Cruise is always 5150's worst moment, and when he shuts up a noob in the Roy forums is his greatest.

As for me, though, I don't play Roy often enough to have a best and worst moment.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
Worst Moment: actually picking Roy

Best Moment: beating some lamer's Samus

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
worst moment: not winning because im using roy vs a better character

best moment: switching characters

Roew

Smash Apprentice
Hitting someone with a fully charged flare blade when they try to come back on the stage.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Speaking for a friend, his best Roy moment was learning to combo dair and ****** me for a few games before I got good at teching it.

Worst was probably losing to Bowser! (a good bowser though so no disgrace).

Drosumn

Smash Cadet
Best: You guys saw that little video where that CFnailed that Falco with his Falcon punch? You know, on Pokemon stadium where he got him when it was changing to another stage form. Same thing with Fully charged flare blade.

Another Best: Jumping just high enough to dair spike someone who used their jump return from a ledge.

Worst: Realizing that Marth ***** Roy. AKA the big switch. xD

Banned via Administration
technomancer said:
Worst was probably losing to Bowser! (a good bowser though so no disgrace).
Unless he was playing Luke, he didn't "lose to a good bowser".

Oh and i should "contribute":

Worst Moment - Getting beat 5/6 times in roy dittos against trail (wow I am effin terrible @ this game)...........i ALMOST became emo after that because trail sucks so bad.

Best Moment - This is a 3-way tie. 1. Uthrow killing people becuase roy has like 1 good finishing move and it is really laggy so sometimes i just rack up the dmg until i uthrow them to death. 2. Calling out people's moves. 3. Picking up falco (and now falcon maybe)

Notice how 1 = sarcastic 2 = done with any character and 3 = well........you get the idea

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Best: hitting the one dumb**** that walks into bellossom's sleeping powder with a fully charged fire blade

******** friend test: (any character can do it) jumping off the left ledge of hyrule temple, landing on the bottom platform, and coaxing someone playing as a heavyweight to "try it out"

Worst: Being the dumb**** that walks into bellossoms powder and is pwnd by Warlock Punch

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Best: Actually beating my friend (who plays marth) in a stamina mode match (i got lucky and she accidently walked into a bellossom i just released)...fully charged flare blade FTW!! :chuckle:

Worst: Forgetting the fully charged flare blade deals 10 damage to you every time you use it (this was all the hp i had left and i used it) Can call that one of my worst if you want.. :dizzy:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Best: Countering a warlock's punch/knee in a tourney.

Worst: Getting destroyed by the knee and shiek's chaingrabbing.

REDfox1

Smash Journeyman
best moment with roy would be getting knocked off the stage by a ganon and to make it worse he wants 2 spike me with down b, and a miracle occurs i counter his ***
worst moment getting tipped by marth while trying 2 recover

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Best: Overcoming my friend's Falco for the first time when he's beaten me so often. He was bitter about that defeat.

Worst: Being on a recieving end of a Kirby's disgraceful Kirby who sucked me in then walk off the edge and spit me out at the last moment, dooming me to a KO and he safely floated back up and Final Cutter-ed himself to the edge... jerk.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Best Moment: Hitting with Flare Blade fully charged because ChRed doesn't realize it hits above Roy too. Also throwing him, waiting for him to get up, and grabbing him against for like... 20-30% is always fun. Jumping off cliffs is always fun too.

Worst Moment: Everything else.

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
Everytime I Kill a Captain Falcon by Edgeguarding him when he is at 60% I feel Grrrrreat.
I will take it upon myself to speak for Captain Falcon players...
F*** F*** I F***ING HATE CAPTAIN FALCONS UP F***ING B! HE'S A FLOATING F***ING TARGET!

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
go to User CP and near the bottom under the subscribed posts it says "Latest Reputation Received " and I did it

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Best moment: Unlocking him, having him as my 2nd or 3rd best.

Worst moment: Temporarily switching him for Jigglypuff (but returned to him :))

Skler

Smash Master
Best moment (actually happened today): I comboed my friend who was playing fox on FD so badly one match after he lost 2 stocks while giving me 40% he put his controller down and said "I give up".

Worst moment: He then picked the controller back up and ended up only losing by 1 stock.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Best moment(s) - the matches I two or three stock Falcos, and Marths that aren't exactly up to par.

Worst moment ever - Getting four stocked by Neo in a Roy ditto the same day I three stocked a Falco. Hilarious.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
best moment: When I do a 0 to death cg combo on a fast faller on FD

worst moment: When I win with Roy since it means I'm obvioulsy playing a noob

Irae

Smash Cadet
My best moment?
Playing a friends falco, both on our last stock(and in our noob days) and I charge a flare blade to edgeguard him. He up-b's at me, and I release at the right time for a KO.
Worst Moment? That would be trying the ded + blazer save, and ded'ing myself to death...

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
my friends was hitting me with a counter'd F-smash when I was at like 160% damage..I was marth, its on my combo video..he forced me to put it in there

D

Deleted member

I'm the only person to win a tournament with more than 50 people as only roy. yay.

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Hey, cool, this thread is still up.

Recently I did an edge hopped counter on Marth's tipped f-smash, felt **** good seeing my friend fly into oblivion.

As for worst moment, calling my friend cheap for spamming DED. For some reason, I felt like I couldn't do anything under the sheer power of DED. lol.

booshk

Smash Lord
Best: Anytime I somehow hits with a fully charged Flare Blade.

Worst: DEDing myself to death...
I have to say my worst moment is this..
I main Roy right? and I always brag about how much ebtter he is than marth. until this noobie guy comes along doesnt even know any advanced techniques and he DESTROYS me
because EVERYONE knows MARTH is better than ROY no matter what.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
I have to say my worst moment is this..
I main Roy right? and I always brag about how much ebtter he is than marth. until this noobie guy comes along doesnt even know any advanced techniques and he DESTROYS me
because EVERYONE knows MARTH is better than ROY no matter what.
And what has that to do with my post?? If you're implying that I'm like that, you're horribly wrong.

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
Best: Destroying ANY fox when there off the edge with counter...^_^

funny stuff..

Worse: Missing with a smash attack or now shuffleing. LAg......bad..

Top Bottom