• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best way to master qac

Roller

Smash Legend
@Kaylo - yes, i must start trying it with either a classic or a gc controller. If i cant get a hold of a gc controller, does the classic controller work just as well?
imo, no. The classic is absolutely no substitute for the GC. I'm sure virtually every other pika player will agree with me on this point. I will however say that the classic is better than the other options. Still, use GC.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
GC > Classic > all Wiimote/nunchuck combos.

That's just my opinion, though (and most people's). Some people play perfectly fine with, say, the Wiimote, but I really don't understand it when the GC controller is so much better in every way. x.o

VLD

Smash Rookie
GC > Classic > all Wiimote/nunchuck combos.

That's just my opinion, though (and most people's). Some people play perfectly fine with, say, the Wiimote, but I really don't understand it when the GC controller is so much better in every way. x.o
The CC feels more responsive, I dunno why, but i still like the GC, because i have a better feel for it.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
So far, I think the best way to practice any QAC move, such as the QAC flash or QAC -> thunder or QAC lock...is to go to training mode, and slow the time down to 1/4. Then do the move, ever so slowly, and keep jacking the speed up until you get to X1, that is how I learned the basics. I just need to get a lot better at QAC flashing, and learning when to QAC and when to not. (Coming from a QAC into FALCOON PWNCH!!)

mercy

Smash Apprentice
So far, I think the best way to practice any QAC move, such as the QAC flash or QAC -> thunder or QAC lock...is to go to training mode, and slow the time down to 1/4. Then do the move, ever so slowly, and keep jacking the speed up until you get to X1, that is how I learned the basics. I just need to get a lot better at QAC flashing, and learning when to QAC and when to not. (Coming from a QAC into FALCOON PWNCH!!)
Practicing in 1/4 speed is pretty useless, only time it should be done is to see if/how something works.

altairian

Smash Lord
Practicing in 1/4 speed is pretty useless, only time it should be done is to see if/how something works.
Well if it worked for him, then it's not useless ;)
Everyone learns in different ways. 1/4 speed helps you see the timing window for inputting your jump, so I can see it being useful to run through it on 1/4 for a few mins then amp up the speed. I know that when I was first learning, half my problem was with my thumb on the analog stick being ********, not with timing the jumps or anything lol, and slowing it down would help with that.

Top Bottom