• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best type for Arceus

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
None, so I can have leftovers and stab extremespeed.

Either that or Dark for Psychic immunity and SE Judgment.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Despite half the ubers being psychic, no one uses psychic attacks in ubers. I think either Dark or Bug would be best, or the regular aruseus. It'll be a beast no matter how you slice it. Its only too bad it couldn't have been a little bit more specialized, because despite having base 120 everything, Mewtwo still has higher satk, Groudon still has higher atk, and Lugia and that new uber ghost still make better tanks. Overall, no matter what you use it for, there's still something better in ubers. The only advantages it brings are its typing and the movepool to do almost anything. But you can't even abuse the different plates to make your opponent guess what type it is, since its color scheme gives it away. It'll be good, but not fantastic.

/rant

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Well look at this moveset. I say Normal, Psychic , Dark, Steel or Bug.

Acreus Lv 100 @ Mind Plate
Mild Nature

Focus Blast
Fly/Aerial Ace/Stone Edge
Extreeme Speed
Judgement

Arceus Lv 100 @ Leftovers
Hardy Nature

Draco Meteor
Extreeme Speed
Judgement
Aerial Ace/Psychic/Fly

Arceus Lv 100 @ Dread Plate
Adamant Nature

X- Scissor
Will-o-wisp
Poison Jab
Draco Meteor

Arceus Lv 100 @ Iron Plate
Brave Nature

Surf
Extreeme Speed
Judgement
Earthquake

Arceus Lv 100 @ Insect Plate
Quiet Nature Nature

Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast
Shadow Claw
Judgement

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Eight Sage said:
Yes leafgreen386 its like you say...

having him being a Bug type its a good choice, I dont know dark, but bug is a good one.
Well I would've mentioned ghost as well, but it can't hit normals (ie. blissey), although now that I think about it, with the addition of normal type aruseus and having actual normal attacks to switch into, it might be a pretty useful type. Dark, Ghost, and Bug all have the advantage of being able to hurt a large majority of the ubers. In fact I'd say dark is more useful than bug, since flying ubers will resist bug.

Knickknacks said:
Dark type. say hi to Mewtwo arcy! ....oshi aura sphere nevermind.
Umm is bug resistant to ground?
Aura sphere? Which one is that? I don't remember seeing any attack like that. Unless that's the new name for focus bomb or something. And yes, bug resists ground.

ILoveCelebi!!208 said:
Well look at this moveset. I say Normal, Psychic , Dark, Steel or Bug.
I would've agreed with any of those but psychic. There are too many psychics in ubers already. Why waste your item slot for a bad STAB? Steel might work well on a defensive aruseus, though. As a side note you might wanna work on those movesets...

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Oh. I guess I need to relearn a lot of the poke and move names =/

I still refer to a lot of the pokes as their japanese names (or as <name> evo), and only know moves by their *** names, too. Although when I refer to Garchomp by its japanese name, Gaburaisu, that's on purpose. I hate its english name.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Dragon or Ghost would be cool maybe even Bug since the lack of decent Bug types. I dunno I'll probably have mine be a type that my team is lacking.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I can say that Arceus' type depends on what team you have. If you have a team that lacks defense- Iron Plate, SpDefense-Dragon Plate, Attack-Insect Plate,Dread Plate,Fist Plate etc.

Mainly Arceus' type is affected by what your team needs.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Remember guys, aruseus is a guarantee uber, being the first poke with a 720 stat total and all. Using types like flying or dragon on it isn't going to help a real lot (hi please **** me with my weaknesses to extremely common attacks in ubers). I don't see pure steel as being that good of a type for ubers, either, especially when you lose lefties over it. Almost everything has something that will hit for at least neutral damage.

It does have a nice tanking movepool, though, with recover, WoW, light screen, reflect, roar, and stealth rock. Personally, I'd have something else set up the stealth rock, though (and a Deoxys-L to set up spikes). Recover/Light Screen/Roar/[Judgment/WoW] would be a pain to take out. Normal Aruseus would probably be your best bet for this, since lefties will be a huge boon for a set like that.

For anyone who might not think a set like that would work in ubers... a max SAtk Mewtwo focus bomb against a 401 HP (its max is 444 btw)/372 SDef normal Aruseus is only a 2-3HKO, and a 5HKO with light screen. With CG, however, it becomes a very solid 2HKO without (takes away around 3/4 of its health), and with is a 3HKO. Of course none of these statistics take into account recover.

Ultimately, though, something that can hit hard will have the best shot in the hyper offensive metagame that ubers will surely be. Like I said before, since it can be any type, I would take advantage of the fact most ubers are psychic, and capitalize on it with a ghost, dark, or bug type. Although normal aruseus can hit harder with CB or CG, it's pretty much limited to either one or the other, because a typed aruseus will benefit more from stat boosting moves than a normal aruseus with lefties. Not only does it get better type coverage, but it also gets a boost in judgment from the plate its holding.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I'm kinda glad Judgment has 16 PP as opposed to 8 in a Pressure infested uber metagame. Aruseus's movepool makes Gengar look like a Flareon. This thing can do everything and anything, but it does nothing particularly well. It's rather sad how the creation Pokemon is beaten in sweeping by Mewtwo and Deoxys-FR and in stalling by Deoxys-LG and Lugia. Well, at least nothing will like eating a STABbed 100 base power Bug attack that has more than 85 accuracy *grumbles about Megahorn*.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'm gonna be creative and use the plate to distract and hide my Arceus' true moveset.

D

Deleted member

idk about you guys but I'm doing this:

arceus @ leftovers
252 HP 252 spe def 4 spd
Calm

Seismic Toss
Will-O-Wisp
Light Screen
Recover

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Perhaps, but the weaknesses rock has are more commonly seen in battles.

(I pretty much dont use flying except on rare occasions)

tshahi10

Smash Ace
spontaneus aruseus pwns.
dark aruseus using fireblast, junk, earthquake, and bullet seed to attempt to rid substituters

ss118

Smash Master
DONE WITH TRICK!!!!!!
It would be intresting in a double battle.....
I would make a team with him starting w/leftover, have his partner have a plate, and when(and if) the time comes, you change his type.

Of course, this has almost NO practical use what so ever, but something to dwell on.

Acually, you could change him from normal to ghost, cause they won't use a ghost type attack, cause they think he was normal, and if they use fighting, they miss cause its ghost.

lol mindgames XD

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
It would be intresting in a double battle.....
I would make a team with him starting w/leftover, have his partner have a plate, and when(and if) the time comes, you change his type.

Of course, this has almost NO practical use what so ever, but something to dwell on.

Acually, you could change him from normal to ghost, cause they won't use a ghost type attack, cause they think he was normal, and if they use fighting, they miss cause its ghost.

lol mindgames XD
Because you never once mentioned the use of Trick or some similar move, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You can't change its type in the middle of battle without changing its item mid-battle. The plates are equip items...

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
The title says it all...

When you get Arceus... which plate will you give him to hold and why?

...When you get Arceus?:confused:

You have to get Arceus along with Shaymin and Darkrai through a Nintendo Event. It's going to be very hard to get these Pokemon. It is very likely that not everyone can get them.

So I'm just saying to not get your hopes up to get Arceus. :)

On Topic:

If I do indeed get Arceus, I won't put any plate on it. Only 1 weakness to Normals (Fighting) and immune to Ghosts.

ss118

Smash Master
Because you never once mentioned the use of Trick or some similar move, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You can't change its type in the middle of battle without changing its item mid-battle. The plates are equip items...
My bad T.T
Yeah, basically trick.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
...When you get Arceus?:confused:

You have to get Arceus along with Shaymin and Darkrai through a Nintendo Event. It's going to be very hard to get these Pokemon. It is very likely that not everyone can get them.

So I'm just saying to not get your hopes up to get Arceus. :)

On Topic:

If I do indeed get Arceus, I won't put any plate on it. Only 1 weakness to Normals (Fighting) and immune to Ghosts.
Uh... just ask importers nicely. I'm sure they would gladly trade you one (after cloning their's of course).

Top Bottom