• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best test target for skills?

poopymum

Smash Rookie
I'm new to falco and know alot of skills i just need practice applying it to battle and chaining some of it together for gameplay. I have no one to play against all the time so i play against computers... I want to know which computer character would be the best to play against to test my skills and improve them against.

EDIT: Also what do you guys use to record your smash battles, making only whats on the screen appear rather then people taking a camera to their TV?

and if there is anyone in IL naperville area talk to me on aim or yim, need to find someone to play with alot.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Welcome to smashboards

don't play level 9 computers it will give you a terrible idea of what an actual opponent is like, level 8 i guess if you have to
for practicing techs (which can be found in the stickies) ive heard playing a low level computer like 1-3 is best
people > any computer
but sometimes you don't have any choice.

Squipy

Smash Cadet
If you're going to practice integrating your skills into your gameplay, just choose any regular-weighted character. You only want to fight computers to learn the techniques and learn how to use them. You should not however, develop habits from computers. Like don't change how you play because of habits from the computers, because computers fight much different than humans.

I don't record, but I think people use capture cards or save matches onto their SD card and then move it to their computer. I'm not sure though.

I live in Libertyville, which is like 45-1 hour away from you. I was just at Naperville yesterday and this morning for a party haha, we could have played. Anyways, i'll send you a friend request. I can show you the ropes to Falco, and we should have little or no lag because of how close we are.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Really, the best way to practice is to just play with people. Don't play with LV.9 CPU's, though. Their timing and spacing is NOTHING like actual humans and they'll teach you bad habits. If you're gonna play with CPU's, just put them on, like, 3 and practice combos.

The best way to record is either get the replay hack and put your replays onto an SD card, or plug your Wii into a VCR so that you can just tape the match.

poopymum

Smash Rookie
wow thanks for the great responses, from now on i can improve better because of everyone ^.^ !

Please do Squipy ( i hope there is no lag), also do you know anyone by the last name of Lewis?

I'll have to buy a SD card i guess, also i've looked at alot of the techniques and even din peregrine's guide :D off to practice thx guys!

Top Bottom