• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best teammate for GnW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lutteurdepkmn

Smash Cadet
upenn campus, philly brawl fc: 2622-9290-5599
just looking to see who compliments GnW's strategy the best for team battle tournys for both team attack on and team attack off for the local noob tournys that i sometimes do
looking for some pro analysis here i read through some guides like omegas briefly and couldnt find much on teammates
thanks
SugarCane

Splice

Smash Hero
this has been covered before but w/e

Wario is good coz you can seperate opponents well when teaming with Wario. He stock tanks very well and his grabs combo well for Game and Watch and are very fast. You can get great stage control with Wario.

MK and GaW are good because GaW can be aggressive and if he gets hit, MK can be right by GaW and punish whoever attacks him. MK and GaW team has amazing gimping potential. And can also seperate well and both chars can handle most opponents by themselves.

D3 can stock tank well and is great for killing and comboing, and you can help him if he has trouble of stage increasing his viability.

Pit works well too because of easy way to fill the bucket with power and you can help each other offstage and can have good stage control. Not as good as the others but still ok.

Apparently Snake works too, but you gotta be really good.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
MK+G&W
G&W+Wario
G&W +Snake/G&W+ lucario
G&W +Snake/G&W+ lucario
G&W +ZSS
G&W +TL/diddy? lol
Other bucket teams

G&W + olimar is another underrated team i believe

edit: im aware that it's probably off by a little x-x(lack of team experience)

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I'll talk about G&W and Diddy since I got some experience with it.
It's kind of a very dangerous combinaision, so you have to be even more carefull of bananas. Controlling the field with em is really great, and G&W can do some crazy glidetossing/ **** action with bananas, and free hits. I think it's quiet effective, but kinda risky.

I love messing with Banana Judgements. :D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W is really good with a lot of characters. As long as they can either support him or give him a good projectile to work with. Extra props if they're good at getting grabs.

Avoid teaming with like...Marth, ICs, and double G&W imo. Also tether characters aren't good teammates for G&W imo. Except maybe Olimar.

I think the teammate that nobody talks about but is really good to consider in general is Fox. Pikachu is also an undermentioned character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom