• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best sudden death character?

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
Lucario is deadly in Sudden Death.
He is at his maximum power and the Aura sphere will be big and fast, so I would say Lucario is the best.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
No, Dedede is the best, I'd have to agree.

Way too easy to hit with them, and they kill.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Olimar... the guy can just Whistle Super Armor all the hits and strike when he can (or simply stall up for the bob-omb rain

Waggles

Smash Apprentice
I think lucario can be pretty good, since his b down will kill if it connects. The downside is that if it misses lucario is basically screwed.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
Zelda because of Din's Fire probably. Snake would be pretty good because he has a lot of explosives. Though the explosives can kill you, too, so you have to be careful. XD

J Tangle

Smash Cadet
NNID
JTangle
I say the PSI boys can do some good in sudden death. A simple hit from a PK thunder orb and KO.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Lucario is deadly in Sudden Death.
He is at his maximum power and the Aura sphere will be big and fast, so I would say Lucario is the best.
I agree. Spamming his small Aura Sphere even works, it has tons of knockback not charged at all.

He's probably the best generic cnadidate. But your best character for sudden death probably depends on the character you're best as, with long range/reflecting/countering capabilites included, since they're important in Sudden Death. Also, healing abilites are important. Ness/Lucas are probably good candidates since they can heal and reflect (using their Bat/Stick, just in case you didn't know) plus they have good long range capabilities, but again, it depends on whether or not you're good with them.

So Lucario or Lucas/Ness are good candidates in general, but the best candidate is really dependent on who you're best with. That's my opinion, anywho.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Spamming his small Aura Sphere even works, it has tons of knockback not charged at all.

He's probably the best generic cnadidate. But your best character for sudden death probably depends on the character you're best as, with long range/reflecting/countering capabilites included, since they're important in Sudden Death. Also, healing abilites are important. Ness/Lucas are probably good candidates since they can heal and reflect (using their Bat/Stick, just in case you didn't know) plus they have good long range capabilities, but again, it depends on whether or not you're good with them.

So Lucario or Lucas/Ness are good candidates in general, but the best candidate is really dependent on who you're best with. That's my opinion, anywho.
Lol, don't kid yourself. When was the last time you saw someone reflecting projectiles efficiently with Ness or Lucas?

The_Court_Jester

Smash Cadet
Lol, don't kid yourself. When was the last time you saw someone reflecting projectiles efficiently with Ness or Lucas?
Lucas has a pretty easy time reflecting projectiles. Ness has a harder time, but both can do it rather efficiently with sufficient spacing. It's not foolhardy. Though, you'll see Lucas throwing a back projectiles a lot more then Ness.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just because it doesn't happen often doesn't mean it can't happen. My post was mostly based on theory anyways, I wasn't sitting on Brawl testing everything out. In theory, you can reflect projectiles with Ness and Lucas. That was my point.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
It's funny how people think their main is the best. :)
It's OBVIOUSLY Marth...

Actually, I'd have to agree with Zelda as, like everyone else has said, Din's Fire is so easy to control and has such good kill potential at that point that it makes her a clear winner. Plus you can spam it if the opponent shields the first attack.

And if you're not using projectile characters, I'd probably say that Marth is one of the best simply because of his fast run speed, fast attack speed and high number of killing moves
especially at 300%

Anu-nxus

Smash Rookie
Online or Not?

R.O.B. is FTW.

Im thinking,
spinning top followed by a laser.
Then a furry of Fair's

Lucario: short ranged projectile.
Zedla: Den fire sucks when there is lag.
Links: slow, short ranged bombs.

Darkwolfg

Smash Apprentice
i would say captain falcon for his kick, snake for his mines and missles,lucario for his midair down a, and samas for her blast and misiles.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
Just because it doesn't happen often doesn't mean it can't happen. My post was mostly based on theory anyways, I wasn't sitting on Brawl testing everything out. In theory, you can reflect projectiles with Ness and Lucas. That was my point.
Well that really isn't the point of the thread. Sure it CAN happen, but what are the chances that a Lucas player would focus on reflecting some sort of projectile rather than using his own very powerful one, which I am pretty sure would kill at 300%. It's just not a valid point that just because he CAN reflect that makes him so much superior in Sudden Death, when you never see Lucas doing that because his other options greatly outweigh it.

Jack Gup

Smash Rookie
I would say Wario, because his bike can reflect his projecticles and ko's at 300%

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
Toon link and link have always been pains for me in sudden death, one team battle i ko'd his partner, but the toon link had taken that time to take my team mate out with and arrow and then me as well when i was finishing up my attack on his teammate.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well that really isn't the point of the thread. Sure it CAN happen, but what are the chances that a Lucas player would focus on reflecting some sort of projectile rather than using his own very powerful one, which I am pretty sure would kill at 300%. It's just not a valid point that just because he CAN reflect that makes him so much superior in Sudden Death, when you never see Lucas doing that because his other options greatly outweigh it.
Well fine, he can ABSORB projectiles, is that better?

If a projectile is coming at him that he can't absorb, reflecting it is a very viable option. He doesn't have to focus on it, it's more of a "OH MY GOD A PROJECTILE *reflect*" situation. That's what I was talking about, not him waiting for 5 minutes for a projectile so he can reflect it.

In any case, you're right, he has long range options, like PK Freeze, that work perfectly in Sudden Death. I personally think that Lucas and Ness are good candidates, regardless of the fact that they can reflect projectiles if they absolutely must.

Frown

poekmon
Wow. More than half of the people who's answered to this topic thinks their main is the best.

Hey, I'm not saying Yoshi is the best SDer. Speculate a little more. Most characters have an ability that's good in Sudden Death, and your mains are, of course, the one you use the most.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Wow. More than half of the people who's answered to this topic thinks their main is the best.

Hey, I'm not saying Yoshi is the best SDer. Speculate a little more. Most characters have an ability that's good in Sudden Death, and your mains are, of course, the one you use the most.
I was thinking that to but I think a lot of us agree that zelda *****

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
I vote Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Samus, Toon Link, and King Dedede.
Ness: EVERY. MOVE. KILLS.
Lucas: Same as above. PK Thunder works very well in this situation.
Jigglypuff: A good Rollout'll do it. Even Pound is effective. Or, you could do what I do and use Sing, then Down Smash.
Samus: Dash attack! Missile's help too.
Toon Link: Any of his Smash attacks kill. Dair and Bair are your friends.
King Dedede: Waddle Dee Toss is epic.

Then again, every character has their advantages and disadvantages in Sudden Death. One could say Kirby's the best for the Stone, another could say DK's the best with his ground slam. "Oh, Pikachu's Thunder!" "Din's Fire!" "Dolphin Slash!" "Aura Sphere!" Even Luigi's kick works here. So I don't think there is a best, I voted for my favorites.

EB08

Top Bottom