• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Stages Based On Matchup?

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Okay so in melee discussion I'm doing a best/worst stages based on each matchup. For My first charecter I was going to do peach, becuase she is so lovely. Anyways for each match-up what do you guys consider the best stage for peach. Against marth I whould say dreamland 64. So what do you guys all think?

Okay so in melee discussion I'm doing a best/worst stages based on each matchup. For My first charecter I was going to do peach, becuase she is so lovely. Anyways for each match-up what do you guys consider the best stage for peach. Against marth I whould say dreamland 64. So what do you guys all think?

Peach

Bowser
Do:
Don't:

Captain Falcon
Do: Fountain of Dreams
Don't:

Donkey Kong
Do:
Don't:

Dr. Mario
Do:
Don't:

Falco
Do:
Don't: Final Destination

Fox
Do: Battlefield / Mute City
Don't:

Ganondorf
Do:
Don't:

ice Climbers
Do:
Don't:

Jigglypuff
Do:
Don't:

Kirby
Do:
Don't:

Link
Do:
Don't:

Luigi
Do:
Don't:

Mario
Do:
Don't:

Marth
Do:
Don't: Yoshi 64 / Battlefield

Mewtwo
Do:
Don't:

Mr. Game and Watch
Do:
Don't:

Ness
Do:
Don't:

Peach
Do:
Don't:

Pichu
Do:
Don't:

Pikachu
Do:
Don't:

Roy
Do:
Don't:

Samus
Do:
Don't:

Sheik
Do:
Don't:

Yoshi
Do:
Don't:

Young Link
Do:
Don't:

Zelda
Do:
Don't:

----------------------------------------------------
Guys if you'd like too it's be awsome if you put thread like these in ohter character specific if you can, so we can make one master list. I plan on doing Ice Climbers, (i'll do more once those two near compltion) but if you guys made some threads of your own that whould be cool.

BTW, Do and Don't. We need a better word. any suggestions?

EDIT: I have to go eat and probably won't be back on tonight so sorry for not updating the whole thing.

Cia

das kwl
Peach's best stages against..

Fox- Brinstar, Mute City, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Jungle Japes

Falco- Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, Brinstar

Captain Falcon- Brinstar, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Kongo Jungle, Fountain of Dreams, Jungle Japes

Y.Link- Fountain of Dreams, Jungle Japes

Marth- Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams

Sheik- Kongo Jungle, Princess Peach's Castle, Mute City

.. those are just the characters that are the hardest to with

Cia

das kwl
Yeah, i was deadly serious.

Don't be afraid to fight a Falco on FD. Not only can Peach Zero to Death Him there, but.. She can fly over his lasers. It's not hard, really.

Oh, and as for the Falcon thing. It could go either way. it depends on your approach. but i think falcon is a lot more dangerous on stages with platforms

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
You're going to be floating quite a distance on FD. Any Falco who knows how to MOVE while SHLing will give you trouble staying close to him.

Falcon can be dangerous on platforms, but the biggest factor for him is space to move. FD and Dreamland are some of his better stages.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Peach's Castle usually banned from tournaments?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah, i was deadly serious.

Don't be afraid to fight a Falco on FD. Not only can Peach Zero to Death Him there, but.. She can fly over his lasers. It's not hard, really.

Oh, and as for the Falcon thing. It could go either way. it depends on your approach. but i think falcon is a lot more dangerous on stages with platforms
I dunno what kind of Falco's you're playing against... but yeah, that would be a BAD idea, unless you enjoy getting laser'd to hell and back.

Cia

das kwl
Umm.. oh, ur prolly right about the Peach's castle thing, i know for a fact it's allowed for doubles. But i have to check on that for singles. And the Vegetable approach should keep Falco where you want him. Falco is also more dangerous on plat forms against Peach because it makes her easier to "pillar"

Cog- Well, it worked in my match against forward..

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
hmmmmm... thats helpfull vanz but I planned to only pick the top 2-3. Could you maybe cut it down a little to the best 2-3 stages for her. Thanks.

EDIT: I was only planning on keeeping stuff that is always banned out and that way if something like peach's castle (which isen't always banned I think - could be wrong) gets in, since there 1 or 2 other stages if thats banned at your area/tournament, you can see the other ones.

Cia

das kwl
Oh.. LoLz well my favorite 3 are.

3. Dreamland (Best against Marth, Sheik)
2. Mute City (Best against Ground Based Characters)
1. Brinstar (Best against Fox, Falco, C. Falcon)

Dare- You are assuming that Falco will have you in constant control which he CANNOT if u can use the floating abilities carefully, the falco will try to escape you. Besides the only thing they can do when you them to the end of the stage is attack physically, or jump around you. That's you're first chance to either, chain grab, or pull a turnip. either way, the entire match up against falco is evade and attack when he is vulnerable.

this is just in my experience against them.

Cog- yeah, but than he went sheik.. nuff said

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
What stages are good against Samus???? I am working on my Samus stage selection and i need more info.(Check sig for link)

Thanks
Redragon

Cia

das kwl
To be honest, i really don't know how to deal with samus. I play Wes often in tournament, and as close as the match comes, he always seems to beat me, i'm planning to go Y.link against him, Lolz. But good stages FOR samus are Corneria, Onett, Rainbow Cruise, DreamLand, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium.

I Did manage to beat him on Yoshi's story with Peach, So i'm guessing that works

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

I Did manage to beat him on Yoshi's story with Peach, So i'm guessing that works
I believe any stages that are small (like Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Island, etc.) are pretty good against spammers like Samus and Ylink. Because they need the room to spam and keep their distance.

I agree with Vanz of taking out Falco on FD. FD is meant on straight-on brawling. The most a Falco could do is laser hop you and try to shine and spike you. All you need is to float over his laser and do your best to take him out. Being close to him is key. I also like Battlefied on Falco, since he has no room to laser camp you.

Now, to Toxn

Peach's best stages IMO would always be DL64, Final Destination, and probably DK64. These places give off great recovery and gives you plenty of room to spam and attack.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Marth - Brinstar, Dreamland, Cruise
Sheik - Mute, Cruise, Brinstar
Fox - Brinstar, Mute, Japes
Falco - Brinstar, Mute, FoD
Falcon - Corneria, Japes, Green Greens
Puff - Corneria, Green Greens, FD
Samus - Mute, Brinstar, Battlefield
Climbers - Brinstar, Mute, Cruise

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

Cog- Well, it worked in my match against forward..
I mean no disrespect, but do you have a match of this?

I dont play peach, but im just not buying this.

--edit--

Oh, if you want some good stages vs Doc.

Mute City - Crushes his recovery
Kirby64 - Same reason, but Peach wont die
KJ64 - Forces Doc to SS recoveries, and if he's too close, you can **** him as he comes up.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Eh, Someone said against marth he likes to go yoshi's story?

I always counterpick yoshi's story against peach because she does so easily there and tippers are insta-stocks...

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Personally, I wouldn't use Brinstar against Fox. low ceiling + some platforms for chain upairs really makes it an neutral stage. IMO.

Against Ganon I would really say Kongo Jungle would be your best stage pick. I like Mute City against Ganon aswell. Hmm.. and probably Cruise/Floats if you space well and turnip spam well.

rofl Picking stages against Fox is a difficult task :/

As for Marth, I can beat people on Yoshi's but it's not a battle you like to fight. I like to go under the platforms, crouch and charge and upsmash here and there as a surprise. xP I love it.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thanks for all your input but make sure you do like what tyrant wolf did and give an explanation for why you pick the stages. I want these charts to have proof behind them.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
In my tourneys experiences as well as watching other high level Peaches, here are some of the best stages for Peach against some of her hard matches:

Fox: Battlefield, Mute City, Brinstar
Falco: FoD, Mute City, Brinstar
Sheik: Mute City, Kongo Jungle, DL64
Marth: DL64, Mute City, Brinstar
Falcon: FoD, Mute City
Jiggz: FD, Corneria
Samus: FoD, YS
Link: FoD, BF, Mute City
Ylink: YS, FoD, Mute City
IC: Rainbow Cruise, Mute City, Brinstar

Worst Stages for the above characters:

Fox: YS, PS, Corneria
Falco: DL64, Corneria, PS
Sheik: FD, YS, BF
Marth: YS, FD
Falcon: FD, DL64
Jiggz: Mute City
Samus: PS
Link: FD, PS
Ylink: DL64, FD

Note that some of Peaches best stages are counterpick stages which means during the first round, you are going to have to do some fishing for a good Peach stage against a certain character using the five second rule. I think that Battlefield, DL64 and FoD are her best stages to fish. If you main Peach and do a double blind, there's a 95% that you'll either face a Marth, Fox, Falco or Sheik. Double blind picks scares some low tier mains and they feel as though they have pick a top tier to adjust. Top tier mains will likely use Fox if you double blind since he's versatile and can handle a lot of **** well. You'll do at least decent or good against most of them if you win on the random stage (absolute must IMO) because you can adjust on their counterpick with a different character, win with Peach, or lose and still have a trump counterpick stage to win the set. Great Foxes will be your main certain and they will know how to play Fox vs Peach well.

I have a lot of secondaries (weird ones too that includes some low tiers ) for bad counterpick stages for Peach. I usually just go all Peach though since she's top tier(I wish...) and I win a majority of my sets with her in my area.

Cia

das kwl
I mean no disrespect, but do you have a match of this?

I dont play peach, but im just not buying this.

--edit--

Oh, if you want some good stages vs Doc.

Mute City - Crushes his recovery
Kirby64 - Same reason, but Peach wont die
KJ64 - Forces Doc to SS recoveries, and if he's too close, you can **** him as he comes up.
No i do not have any video proof of this match. All i can tell you is that i played him when he a attended an NYC weekly last week.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well in my opinion, any level with platforms (dreamland 64, yoshis story, battlefield) is bad for peach because marth can just uthrow peach onto one of the platforms and utilt her many times. I always pick a level with platforms when I pick Marth because he can tipper opponents quite effecitvely if they're on the platforms. Big, flat levels are best for peach such as Final Destination because of her superior recovery and she can live in the high 100%'s.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Fight Marth On Yoshi story? WTF?, its like your asking to get tippers......

lets see if I can brake this down but I beleive it has benn covered already since im late to this thread.....

Fox, small stages, dont give him much room to camp and you can keep him in range to combo and abuse.

Falco, same as Fox, but gonna need your air game up to make the fight less hard

Falcon, Stages with platforms, it can mess up his combos at times, and if your good with platforms even better. for me I would so go FoD cause the platforms come and go. and it can come out of now where and mess up falcons combos or set ups.

Marth, this is a tuff one (well for me anyway) a Peach player that cant tech good and fights Marth on platforms...........oh man.......... well if your good with it, stages that are not small with platforms, and if not, stages without it. without is is recommended I beleive no?, although on a stage like FD when returning to the stage its indeed tuff, cause Marth can just follow you and you have nothing to throw him off with, now in dreamland and other stages with platforms, you can land safer cause you can use the platforms to throw Marth off your your safety to return if your smart.

Samus, Stages with no platforms I say, cause she can do that lil missle thing on them and just have a ball with it. and if you want to use Platforms, go Yoshi story, that stage is small, you can stay on her if she tries it. and makes it harder on Samus.

Thats all I have to say for now, Its gonna be 4:30 am and im tired of thinking for one day...

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
I would have to suggest playing against Marth on a relatively large stage like Stadium or Final Destination. With counterpicks, Kongo Jungle 64, Jungle Japes, and Brinstar can totally wreck a Marth player.

Marth's beginning lag is still too quick for Peach to beat, but his ending lag is very punishable. Try to draw in his attacks and punish him for near misses. If you're good at aiming, turnips really screw up Marth's recovery, but don't overdo it. Your Bair might be one of the better aerials to spam, since it's got a decently large hitbox, comes out pretty fast, and can hit Marth if he doesn't react quickly enough.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Peach vs Falcon FD owns falcon..it allows the peach to camp.

Peach vs Falco FD...dont do. I dont care that peach can float over lasers, its too beneficial for falco,, choose battlefield or DK64

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Marth - Brinstar, Dreamland, Cruise
Sheik - Mute, Cruise, Brinstar
Fox - Brinstar, Mute, Japes
Falco - Brinstar, Mute, FoD
Falcon - Corneria, Japes, Green Greens
Puff - Corneria, Green Greens, FD
Samus - Mute, Brinstar, Battlefield
Climbers - Brinstar, Mute, Cruise
Couldnt agree more with him

Pritch

Smash Lord
DoH definitely knows his ****, but I personally would disagree with a few of his choices there. Part of this is I've never particularly liked cruise as a peach stage, and wouldn't really take any of those characters listed there besides ICs (duh). He also seems to not use DK64 a great deal, whereas I tend to like that stage (though generally I prefer either brinstar or mute to DK64 in most matchups). That's just personal preference, though - we agree on the important stuff (take sheik to mute, etc). Only other thing that really sticks out at me is that I generally prefer platforms when I'm fighting jiggs, so I'd probably take her to FoD or some other platformed stage with fairly short sides rather than FD. Green greens is an interesting idea though, I'll have to try that one next time I play vs puff.

For the guy asking about samus stages, I generally waffle back and forth between Mute and DK64 as my counterpick vs them (though I usually go with mute). What it really comes down to though, is that I want to pick a stage that makes her recovery less safe, which means definitely no wall for grappling and if possible no grabbable edge, and that I want to deny her her platforms for various missile shenangans and for the general speed increase that platform wavelanding and suchlike give her. The only reason that I don't always pick mute (stage bans aside, obviously), is that I can never quite decide whether far sides benefit her or me more - I tend to think they benefit me more since she has greater killing power, so I usually opt for mute. I've found that gives me better results vs phanna, rohins, and etc when we play.

Top Bottom