• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best spiker?

Xgamer1224

Smash Rookie
which character do you believe is the best spiker? i think it is samus or falco. what about you?

Toesrus

Smash Cadet
It's a fact that it is DK.
0% spikes with D-Air. He can also spike with F-air, Forward B, and he can stage spike.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Diddy has 3 spikes: Dair, Barrel Spike, Monkey Flip Hold Jump

And DK's Forward B doesn't spike if he's midair, only if he's grounded.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'd say Falco. His dair is easy to spike with once your good with it, has good range, and literally no lag. And if he misses, he can try again while in the air and still recover.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
The Brute Spiker from Halo 3.

Ganondorf's got the best spike for having the thunder and being immensely powerful.

My favorite spike though is Charizard's Dair. XD

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
The best spiker I would say is Ike. He has four spikes. Three of them are very powerful, and it is easier to land a spike with him because of all the ways you can do it.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Ike (He's so powerful that his Down A in the air at a high damage could spike you...quickly
Mario- His A move in the air is meant for spiking, although I don't think you could pull off a fatal spike with him as quickly as Ike.
Bowser- His Side B is good...but you also kill yourself
Ganondorf- See Bowser

And the best spiker award goes to...

Wolf- His Side B can be done on the stage itself and, if you managed to hit someone with it, is a very good and quick spike.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
I still think falco has the best spike. Its just because it has almost no lag, and is very easy to hit with and for the most part your opponent doesn't see it coming for the first few KO's...

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I still think falco has the best spike. Its just because it has almost no lag, and is very easy to hit with and for the most part your opponent doesn't see it coming for the first few KO's...
Agrees but its too easy not to hit the sweet spot

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Here are my picks for best spiker, based on the fact that their spikes are A) Easy to pull off, B) Easy to come back after doing, and C) Poweful

Falco: Down Air is one of the only instant Spikes in the game. It requires a specific hitbox to do, but it's quite easy with some practice. His Side-B also spikes in midair.

Zero: Suit Samus: Down Air can spike, though it can be risky to do so. With enough practice, you can get the spacing to spike your opponent without sending yourself to your down. Down B's kick also spikes, and is one of the most dangerous spikes in the game - it comes out quickly, has the longest window of spiking in the game, and is very powerful. Great at edgeguarding. Her Up B ALSO spikes. Mostly this is used to perpetuate Up Air combos, but at least three times I've caught someone recovering above me while I stood on the edge, and it pulled them down and under the stage to their doom.

Charizard: His down air is very broad and hits a fair distance below him, making it one of the largest spike hitboxes in the game. It requires a little bit of timing to pull off, but the payoff is powerful. There are also reports of his Up B and Back Air spiking, though I have never seen either of these work.

Ness: Down air is fairly quick and immensely powerful. I've killed characters at 12% with it.

Lucas: Proud owner of the only Back Air spike. Down air can also spike.

Diddy: Dair spikes, not too difficult. Side B and UP B can spike, but more difficult to pull off.

Ike: Has the most spikes in the game. None of them are fantastically easy to pull off, but I've gotten it at least once with 3 out of the four (all except Neutral B), and several times iwth the Dair.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
SHEIKLOL.

Seriously, when someone's trying to recover, spike them with Sheik, and see where it gets you :chuckle:

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
Imo, the best spiker is kirby, 1. It's not hard to pull it off. 2. 5 billion jumps. 3. Attempt to get back up = side+b edge hog/spike.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
Ike and Lucas, for me. Lucas can hit you from just about any angle with the combo of Bair and Dair.
I've been spiked by a CPUs neutral B before with Ike. :(

Zodiac

Smash Master
Honestly, I'd say Falco. His dair is easy to spike with once your good with it, has good range, and literally no lag. And if he misses, he can try again while in the air and still recover.
Actually, I think falcons is the best, I am most used to samus's though.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Here are my picks for best spiker, based on the fact that their spikes are A) Easy to pull off, B) Easy to come back after doing, and C) Poweful

Falco: Down Air is one of the only instant Spikes in the game. It requires a specific hitbox to do, but it's quite easy with some practice. His Side-B also spikes in midair.

Zero: Suit Samus: Down Air can spike, though it can be risky to do so. With enough practice, you can get the spacing to spike your opponent without sending yourself to your down. Down B's kick also spikes, and is one of the most dangerous spikes in the game - it comes out quickly, has the longest window of spiking in the game, and is very powerful. Great at edgeguarding. Her Up B ALSO spikes. Mostly this is used to perpetuate Up Air combos, but at least three times I've caught someone recovering above me while I stood on the edge, and it pulled them down and under the stage to their doom.

Charizard: His down air is very broad and hits a fair distance below him, making it one of the largest spike hitboxes in the game. It requires a little bit of timing to pull off, but the payoff is powerful. There are also reports of his Up B and Back Air spiking, though I have never seen either of these work.

Ness: Down air is fairly quick and immensely powerful. I've killed characters at 12% with it.

Lucas: Proud owner of the only Back Air spike. Down air can also spike.

Diddy: Dair spikes, not too difficult. Side B and UP B can spike, but more difficult to pull off.

Ike: Has the most spikes in the game. None of them are fantastically easy to pull off, but I've gotten it at least once with 3 out of the four (all except Neutral B), and several times iwth the Dair.
DK has a stage spike, if that counts it ties him with Ike. Speaking of DK, why isn't he on the list? He has all those spikes, and they're easy to do.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
I assume when you say the "Best" spiker you mean.

Ease of spike
Ease of set-up to spike
Ability to combo into spike etc.

Falco easily. CG to the edge quick Dair and its done son.

BTW the hardest hitting spike is Ganondorfs Dair.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I seem to remember someone saying that Ness' Dair had the most hitstun when compared to every other spike, so if that's true, than I say Ness.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Ganon, Youko, or Mic 128.
they can all BAN with their spikes.
Smash World jokes are not funny.

Stop making stupid Moderator jokes that were made by themselves just to make them more popular.

And I agree with Ganon.

For most stylish, I'm going with R.O.B.

Grunt

Smash Master
Stop making stupid Moderator jokes that were made by themselves just to make them more popular.
Wow.
WTF are you even talking about?
i was reffering to the Ganonbanned term, and the fact that moderators can ban people.
simple really.

Top Bottom