• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best secondary for a mario main.(Besides)

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
what do you guys think is a good secondary character for someone that mains mario. Who covers marios weakness?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The best secondary? Meta Knight.

The most common secondary? Luigi.

The best character in the game? Ganondorf.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
MK if you wanna be lazy....

Snake and Ice Climbers are the best to me IC's for going against D3 and IC's go even against most of the top tier roster and Snake dominates G dub and Marth.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey man, I had this brilliant idea. I main Mario, and I'm gonna have Luigi and G&W tag along. I call these guys the "Gallery Bros."

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I 'secondary' Link although I consider them both my mains since I use them about the same in tournament.

Good secondary for Mario though?
Victory Is His Destiny.

Coldkeeper

Smash Cadet
Hey man, I had this brilliant idea. I main Mario, and I'm gonna have Luigi and G&W tag along. I call these guys the "Gallery Bros."
LOL thats exactly what I do, but i have falco and some others tag along!

Famous

Smash Champion
My opinion is just pick up characters that match your play style....Don't stray too far from what you know..

Mario/Luigi are pretty dam close when it comes to how they play, hence why I picked him up awhile back...D3 on the other hand...People just said that I had a decent one and D3 covers some matchups that I lack knowledge in...

UberMario

Smash Master
I'd say Kirby to counter any aerial problems you may have against an opponent with multiple mid-air jumps. Can't go wrong with Luigi either.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Orly? We'll wait and see that I guess. Srsly tho I'm so much better with Mario than I am with Luigi. The only character who I do better against with Luigi is like Snake. =/

I might arguably be maining G&W again for some time though since I've gotten a lot better with him too... =O

Famous

Smash Champion
QFT

Anyone who seconds Weegee to Mario is doomed to main him.
Nah, not me...I choose him when I'm feeling flat out aggro...The feeling you get when you just want to destroy the opponent with having to think too hard...Rage was it? I choose him in teams also....I do this with Mario as well, just have to be more cautious of what I do...

Lol, Fairing of the side of the stage blinded with rage....

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
That is not fair the 2nd best secondary for almost everyone is MK...I would prefer Luigi because he comes the closest to playing like Mario at times

UberMario

Smash Master
Ironically even though I try to make him my secondary, my Luigi is worse than my Yoshi, Kirby, AND is half as good as my Mario. That slow-fall takes a lot of getting used to.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
my secondary is marthaaa
dunno whether he is a good secondary for a mario mainer but........whatevaaaarrrrr

Famous

Smash Champion
Actually..Boss recommened me to pick Luigi up around the 2nd tourney we went too...

I didn't take his advice at first...but then...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Actually..Boss recommened me to pick Luigi up around the 2nd tourney we went too...

I didn't take his advice at first...but then...
Same here, lol.

Luigi's not my cup o' tea though. That sliding pisses me off. I can button mash like a mofo though for the nado, lol.

Nope, Mario's the only character I feel comfortable with. Everyone else seems forced.

Edit:....MSN me or w/e you call it. We need to play, lol

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
The thing i like about luigi is fact that his Up+B is fairly easier to use. Oh and his recovery skills are on a whole new level. After i won my first match as luigi, i came really close to making him my main but Mario will always be the better choice in my opinion.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Honestly, I feel way more comfortable with a faster recovery than a slower one, even if you have all of the range.

Like, I play Pit and Sonic for friendlies n such. I like Mario's recovery more than Pit's because of how slow it is...it just makes you vulnerable to be offstage for so long, regardless of who you are.

Famous

Smash Champion
I cant actually play online since I'm leeching a weak signal to post on the boards...I'll probably learn wi-fi when I hang over kadaj's house...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I cant actually play online since I'm leeching a weak signal to post on the boards...I'll probably learn wi-fi when I hang over kadaj's house...
Not talking about online. I don't even have a wii anymore.

You only live in VA, I can get there.

Top Bottom