• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Samus main in each State

RamATx

Smash Rookie
I want in in these MM. I want to see what the self proclaimed best samus of tx has. I'll be at forte. Btw im broke right now so couldnt mm for much

Last edited:

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
I like how poot just sits back and watches because he secretly knows he's the best Samus.

RamATx

Smash Rookie
So poots the better samus?? When do you guys get to austin?

Last edited:

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going :(

Poot says he's better, but Pizz is pretty good too. They'd have to play to confirm the better. I'm probably worst Samus TX.

Jman3

Smash Rookie
So to put Missouri on the board I'd like to nominate @Roux for best Samus in MO.... though Id like to take that title someday...

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I just played a couple games against who I believe is supposed to be the best Melee player in Maine (he was Falco, I was Samus). He destroyed me (but I didn't get 4 stocked, so HA). Anyways, he said he hadn't heard of any other Samus players up here. This, combined with other info from tourney goers, leads me to believe that there's a 65% chance I'm the best Samus main in Maine. So put me (Bboy) down for the state, I'm claiming it.

Last edited:

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
Introducing Kmac, the best Samus player in NJ.

I've taken Animal (Long Island) to game 3 last stock. Dropped the edgeguard and was sent upwards :c
I took a game off of Vanz last Friday so that's pretty sweet too.
Taken sets from various mid/high level players in Tristate.

Arguably 2nd best Samus in Tristate as a whole. It'd be a contest between me and MintyFlesh (Long Island) for that spot, and as of late he's been pretty inactive so I guess it's mine now. I hate earning the spot this way but oh well.

That's about it resume-wise for what I've done, not much. But I'm gettin there, I promise you. So yeah I claim NJ any day.

th0rn is incredible and I don't think there's a single Samus in the Atlantic North that can beat him.

Last edited:

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
Hey Kmac. Interestingly, th0rn did say that he isn't a fan of facing Samus.
I think he'd beat all of us strictly on the premise that he's better than us fundamentally. But I don't doubt that he hates the MU. There are few Falcos who like it at all.

I need to get a set in with Th0rn if this is the case ;D

Last edited:

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
@ ManoxMano ManoxMano I want to see some of your sets played, I have a hard time believing you are The Great Norths best Samus if I have never seen you play before.
Yeah dude i ****ing suck lmao, I was just the only one that consistently showed up at the time of that post

Nowadays best players in the south ontario scene are Lockon from Markham, SCA from Hamilton, and Sedimentary Rock from Markham as well. I keep up with SCA and Sed. Rock in placings, but I have more respect for their play (perhaps because I watch from an objective standpoint). Lockon is a cut above the rest, taking tourny sets and games off of some of our best players

Smash Journeyman
Arguably 2nd best Samus in Tristate as a whole. It'd be a contest between me and MintyFlesh (Long Island) for that spot, and as of late he's been pretty inactive so I guess it's mine now. I hate earning the spot this way but oh well.
Sounds like you're forgetting Knut?

th0rn is incredible and I don't think there's a single Samus in the Atlantic North that can beat him.
Did you know @ycz12 has wrecked th0rn's falco the last few times they've played? :) I guess he's not "Atlantic North" anymore, heh

http://challonge.com/BUST, plus a Game Over from the spring

Last edited:

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
Sounds like you're forgetting Knut?
Nah dude I meant fighting for second and third with Minty, and Knut being undisputed #1. Well I guess there's DJ too but not really.

I didn't realize that YCZ has beaten Th0rn before, good **** to him. I refer to him as Norcal though.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
I think he'd beat all of us strictly on the premise that he's better than us fundamentally. But I don't doubt that he hates the MU. There are few Falcos who like it at all.

I need to get a set in with Th0rn if this is the case ;D
Yeah... no... I would like to even get a shot against thorn because YCZ wasnt that much better than myself before he left, I never met up with Thorn in tourney and he rarely goes to events others than Mass Madness, he like legit only plays against his brother for practice, and he is a sheik main, so no I wouldnt say his samus exp is that high, and would have a decent chance in losing to me, taking taken games off MDZ Slox's and Swfitbass's falco

as for best tristate... Hmm Knut, Minty and DJ Nintendo all have the experience on you bud, even Wes is kinda tristate, so I dunno if you break top 5 :p

Last edited:

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
I'd put myself above Wes any day of the week. But I do agree that DJ and Knut are better than me.

As for Minty, he might still be better than me now, but the line is blurring. He's been inactive and I've been quite the opposite so come Apex things might look different between us.

townes

Smash Apprentice
Memphis, TN here. Ihavespaceballs, IHSB, is the undisputed best samus in TN in my opinion. That, and there aren't many samus's in TN. But it's him. I promise.

Litt

Samus
Memphis, TN here. Ihavespaceballs, IHSB, is the undisputed best samus in TN in my opinion. That, and there aren't many samus's in TN. But it's him. I promise.
IHSB is still alive and kickin?

Gew

Smash Rookie
Introducing Kmac, the best Samus player in NJ.

I've taken Animal (Long Island) to game 3 last stock. Dropped the edgeguard and was sent upwards :c
I took a game off of Vanz last Friday so that's pretty sweet too.
Taken sets from various mid/high level players in Tristate.

That's about it resume-wise for what I've done, not much. But I'm gettin there, I promise you. So yeah I claim NJ any day.

YEEEEEEAAAAAA BUDDY!

Litt

Samus
He is the best in Rhode Island until proven otherwise.
I could care less about making a list of every samus that wanted their name up on a list, put up a single tourney placing and he will go up, until I see results placing in RI or any other state for that matter, he isnt an active player.

Boiko

:drshrug:
I'd put myself above Wes any day of the week. But I do agree that DJ and Knut are better than me.

As for Minty, he might still be better than me now, but the line is blurring. He's been inactive and I've been quite the opposite so come Apex things might look different between us.
I know I'm necroing this a bit, but I just wanted to say that Minty is definitely better. I've taken Animal to last stock last hit multiple times, but I've never actually won, so it doesn't really matter too much. Minty, however, has beaten Animal, Codi, Ben Grimm, Soup, and a lot of other high level players. You are probably best in NJ though. I don't doubt that.

Litt

Samus
I know I'm necroing this a bit, but I just wanted to say that Minty is definitely better. I've taken Animal to last stock last hit multiple times, but I've never actually won, so it doesn't really matter too much. Minty, however, has beaten Animal, Codi, Ben Grimm, Soup, and a lot of other high level players. You are probably best in NJ though. I don't doubt that.
Yeah I agree, minty's play isnt technically impressive but he takes stocks when they matter and keeps up with and beats some good players

Top Bottom