• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best PT Player?

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
You can always look up Chillin's/Chu Dat's PT's. Or a guy on youtube called ShadowHero
No offense to CHU or chillen ( i worship at the alter of CHU) but their vids suck. They are right when the game came out and there is little to learn from watching them.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'll be using PT as a counter pick character this Saturday. Hope I do good ^_^

Onxy

Smash Lord
Peh, I'm gonna have to drop PT all together.. With my lack of practice with a complex character because of fail Wi-fi, I'll never get better with him. I also know no one IRL who plays this.

Onxy

Smash Lord
you didn't get good out of no where, so you must've had more luck than I had. My opponents never lag, even in my room, yet I lag hard, and can't use the PT for anything,

Bomber7

Smash Hero
^^' i got 17th out of 33 in a Lousiana tourny. Though I was the last 17th placed person out of I think 5. People were surprised to see a Pokemon Trainer at the tourny. It was my first tourny and I didnt expect to make it far. I need more improvement. I could eventually break top 10. I'm sure it wont take me long to do that. Trust me I have alot of competition and they are tough. But yeah. I'm not the best. Also PKT as a whole is not the best character. He does have weaknesses that can't be helped. Unless you're God and you can get around that.

infernovia

Smash Ace
But if you look at the Ankoku's tourney list, you can see that one of the tournaments was won by a PT. Does anyone know who it was?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I don't know. But just because he won that tourny, does that really make him the "best" PKT. We dont know the circumstances. He could have been the best out of many, many n00bs. or he could have gotten lucky. Don't get me wrong I was find out who the best player is myself but I'm not about to crown someone king unless we know they are for real.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Well even if he isn't the best, I was just wondering if we had some kinda video on him. It might be a good idea to learn it.

Thanks Yukiwarashi.

yostuffstank

Smash Cadet
only good PTs i've witnessed are eGale and Santi everyone else LOOKS pretty scrubby. i'm confident that i am better than the other PTs i've seen and played (i know i have not played/seen much, but that is why i say this, not because i'm cocky/arrogant). only problem is that the two i mentioned have very few vids and also i've never seen eGale's squirtle and Santi's ivysaur/squirtle.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
loool my only gameplay videos out there are against scrubs. They were uploaed for showcasing Zard's 0-death potential, and that's more or less it.

Trying to get material together for my crew's "combo" video, though.

Chalupa3266

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, we will never truly know who the best PT player is, there is always someone better. I have some vids that are 2 months old that are okay, but I have been playing recently with some of the best in California and do pretty well. I wanted to get back into the rhythm of pokemon trainer before I started recording some vids.

Any who I should be posting some up by the end of the week.

I refuse to play online, the lag is full of fail.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I'm pretty terrible with the PT, I'm better with Olimar..

If anyone wants to play PT vs PT

FC is 2105-8900-9350

johnmcgerber

Smash Cadet
man i woudnt go to a melee turny my skills in that are just horrid im pritty sure lv4 cpu can beat me in melee no joke

Bomber7

Smash Hero
My beleif is that it will take us about a year to figure out who the best PT trainer is. The guy who won the last LA tourny beat my friend as PT, and Ganon. He was just toying with him. EGale and Santi, just because you have only seen them fight and they may look decent, that doesnt mean they are the best we have. Not all of us have the resources to show off on YouTube of how great we are on Brawl as PT. We could have someon lurking in the shadows that could be better than who we crown "king".

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
My beleif is that it will take us about a year to figure out who the best PT trainer is. The guy who won the last LA tourny beat my friend as PT, and Ganon. He was just toying with him. EGale and Santi, just because you have only seen them fight and they may look decent, that doesnt mean they are the best we have. Not all of us have the resources to show off on YouTube of how great we are on Brawl as PT. We could have someon lurking in the shadows that could be better than who we crown "king".
Well said.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Lol. I say all of us meet up somewhere and have a PT tourny. Who ever wins is declaired best(for then until one of us knocks them off). We could do that and possibly add a voting system to add to the ranking. You never know. the person ranked 15th out of 30 could have had bad luck and overall had skills worth. 10th. You know what forget the voting. W/e happens in the tourny happens. ^^'

Chalupa3266

Smash Apprentice
I think maybe we should change the title to "Best Pokemon Trainer as far as we know", with the idea that there could be some unknown out there that is better than the best atm, and so people could take it with a grain of salt.

Also I believe we should also have mini sections such as Best Ivysaur, Best squirtle, Best Charizard.

And overall, who has the best Pokemon Trainer from what we've seen currently. And just because you name someone the best, that is only for present time, if someone comes along and proves to be better then you can name them too, its not written in stone =)

Plus it might be good for the Pokemon Trainer Community, because then people would advance quicker because they will have a drive to be *que the song* "THE VERY BEST, THAT NO ONE EVER WAS" *DUN DUN DUN*.

lol =P

johnmcgerber

Smash Cadet
i stoped worrying about being the best its almost impossable to do. i mean when you cant find local turneys to win at and if the pro players dont want to play online because of interuptions like lag or anything else. so as long as i can defeat my opponts i need to at my level then im OK lol

(Also i Ment OK as in the 3rd JP opeing to pkmn lol):laugh:

OlimarFan

Smash Ace

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah... guys Projectiled fights at about my calaber if not maybe a bit less. I could probably take him and we'd be about even.

Top Bottom