• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Partner for Meta Knight

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Who, in your own opinion is the best teammate for Meta Knight to be with in a 2v2 match?

3D King

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it obvious? Snake.

Why? Because Snake is Snake and Meta is Meta. Snake+Meta=Win. Therefore, if you are trying to obtain win you need Snake and Meta.

Noone has much info on characters. The only people who could actually answer are those that played Brawl at E4All/Jump Festa, and they didn't get a lot of time with the game.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Somebody with good Airgame, and alot of killing moves.. Meta seems to have alot of defens e and he seems to be able to rack up damage pretty fast. so somebody with ranaged attacks, a good air game, and some good killing moves, would do nice. Link comes to mind... but he dosent have the greatest airgame.

If Snake is like the new C. Falcon, Meta and Snake. but not because they're Meta and snake.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I would think maybe Pit or Ike. I'm sure air-game and strong smashes would make a great partner for Metaknight.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I would think maybe Pit or Ike. I'm sure air-game and strong smashes would make a great partner for Metaknight.
Air game AND strong smashes? given what we know that could very well be Dedede. But i'm with you in thinking that Ike might match him well. PKMN TRNR could work too though, since he should be very versatile.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Air game AND strong smashes? given what we know that could very well be Dedede. But i'm with you in thinking that Ike might match him well. PKMN TRNR could work too though, since he should be very versatile.
PKMN trainer might work. Charizard might have good air-brawling skills.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Well, another topic exists about this. however, a good friend for Meta is Dx3, because he can meatshield, then let Meta do some damage, then USE JET HAMMER!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Definitely a powerful character like Ike or Bowser. It would definitely promote great teamwork and overall balance; one makes up for the other's lack of power while the other makes up for...er...the other's lack of speed. A weak-but-fast fighter plus a slow-but-strong fighter usually makes a great duo in fighting games.

xigon

Smash Apprentice
id say ether King DeDeDe or Fox/Falco/Wolf. Why you ask?

King DeDeDe: He has impresive finishing blows that would fill the hole in Meta-Knight and he can take some damage while Meta cannot. He could Edge-Guard while Meta-Knight is Finishing off out of the arena (attack the foe while he/she is out of the arena). He lso has the highest UpThrow allowing Meta-Knight to attack in air.

Fox/Falco/Wolf: They all have quick and Strong attacks. They could help Meta-Knight fend off projectiles and keep the enemy busy until Meta-Knight can come and Combo for alot of damage and Fox/Falco/Wolf can finish off.

Thse are the characters I will surely be aided by.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'll go out on a limb here, but possibly Olimar.
I'm thinking this.

Meta Knight is a combo MACHINE. While he is comboing opponents Olimar can just throw Pikmin into the fray.

Metaknight seems to be one of the best partners, he's great.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Pretty much anyone with good powerful finishing attacks, since Meta Knight lacks in that department.

Frodnonag

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf has great power and knockback. Perfect for finishing off the victims of MK's combos!

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Ganon is still solid team-mate in Brawl.
What I personally loved to have as a team when I was Meta was Ike, ZSamus, Kirby (yeah!), and Wolf.

For Ike and ZSamus, its like having a slower, more powerful (and sometimes more ranged) meta in your team. For Kirby, its an edgeguard supreme team. And for Wolf...it's just having a solid character who can help you out in everything.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ike
MK is a fast, weak swordsman that nis top tier
Ike is a slow, strong swordsman that is bottom tier

They balence eachother out perfectly

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
DeDeDe, have meta do his rapid slashes move and while they're caught in it, use DeDeDe's forward smash. Kills in the 40%'s, haha.

MK sets up the pins and dedede knocks them down. I think Snake would be a good partner too though. Lots of ranged stuff and good knockback. Or Marth or Ike...or anyone with decent range and knock back really.

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
meta knight to rack up the damage and ike to finish them off with his heavy attacks.

Or you can find someone like pokemon trainer (the pokemon trainer, squirtle, ivysaur, charizard) <-- 4 or get a game and watch pro and just pull of number 4s

and then you can have team named......Meta 4

LOL

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Ike. Metaknight tacks on the damage. When damage is high enough, MK grabs them, Ike goes for the finsher, GG.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Methinks Bowser or Ike. The swiftness and amazing comboing of Meta Knight with the brute strength and raw power of a heavyweight....teh AWESOME!

LOL, my brother is maining Ike, and my best friend is maining Bowser. Looks like I'll be a good team with either of them!

Dwoobie

Smash Cadet
from playing with meta i think someone with a good spike and finishers would be good. also meta is really good for juggling so someone that do an up in the air finisher would work nice. samus has good smash attacks and a great spike, also i think someone like fox would work nice with his up A attack.

Droly

Smash Ace
I played teams alot and I was played medaknight and my friend was picking random. He is best to team with someone fast and has a good kill move and also it's good to be small since medaknight is all over the place so I would say

Marth
TL
or
maybe even diddy

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE.

MK can't finish jack, Snake can do it for him. MK racks up damage quick, and Snake only needs to hit them once. MK = close range. Snake = range all over the freaking place.

I don't know why people insist on teaming up two swordsmen with similar play styles. Its opposite play styles that compliment each other.

Top Bottom