• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Partner for Meta Knight

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen on youtube, someone with good kill power, like Ike or another heavy character...

And then, from my own biased point of view (which may not be good enough for you, but I'll still say) maybe Kirby, for maneuverability and his good kill moves, like his D-Air or B-Air, or Yoshi.

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen on youtube, which is quite a lot, I'd say someone with good power, like Ike, or bowser maybe.

As for a personal opinion, which may be biased but still thought out, someone with good maneuverability and decent kill moves, like Kirby for example. Something to think about.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If you want an opinion from someone who's played a lot of teams matches with metaknight, then I can tell you:

Marth makes a good partner for Metaknight because of the way the two characters are set up.

Metaknight can kill well off the top with his Shuttle Loop, and he does well in the air, but he is weak underneath. Marth can easily finish characters with higher percents, and can also help solidify the ground game for both of the two characters. The team is functional, and lasts a long time. If you haven't tried it, don't flame it.

OrnageOctopuse

Smash Rookie
I've had surprising success with Samus as 2's partner. With me in melee range, her ranged attacks offer good protection for racking up the damage. Metaknight also has a ton of ways to disable multiple opponents in his drill attack and tornado, so it offers an easy target for Samus' projectiles. In addition, his small size makes it easy to avoid friendly fire all while offering high priority protection for Samus.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Kirby is best teamed with Meta Knight. Because of the theme, of course.
I'll probably replace my Melee Jigglypuff with Brawl Meta Knight in teams matches with t1mmy.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Kirby is best teamed with Meta Knight. Because of the theme, of course.
I'll probably replace my Melee Jigglypuff with Brawl Meta Knight in teams matches with t1mmy.
Playing with teams that actually match are way more fun, and they seem to work well. I always liked the Fox and Falco team on melee.

Brawler2008

Smash Cadet
A good teammate for Meta would probaly be Lucario. Meta is the speed and Lucario is the power.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Perhaps a character with ranged moves (Pit, Zelda, or Even Bowser) would make a good Metaknight partner, or at least a Power character for quick KOs, but that's just my opinion.

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Brawler, I think Lucario would be good. He's quick, agile and powerful enough to pull of the kills.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Playing with teams that actually match are way more fun, and they seem to work well. I always liked the Fox and Falco team on melee.
I played Fox/Falco with my brother, but I didn't think Falco did well in teams (random strong hits would send him off the stage and he has a bad recovery). So we didn't play that team much.

However, t1mmy and I won with Kirby + Meta Knight at SF:E Brawl Edition. OMG I had to take 4 stock out with my 1 stock at the end of every match, it was crazy @_@

I played Fox/Falco with my brother, but I didn't think Falco did well in teams (random strong hits would send him off the stage and he has a bad recovery). So we didn't play that team much.

However, t1mmy and I won with Kirby + Meta Knight at SF:E Brawl Edition. OMG I had to take 4 stock out with my 1 stock at the end of every match, it was crazy @_@
Vids or it didn't happen!! lol

^_^

FuryX

Smash Cadet
I think Ike would go well with meta because meta could get the opponent with a drill rush and then Ike can side smash them. After seeing how strong Ike is, with around 80 damage most characters would die from the smash.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Vids or it didn't happen!! lol

^_^
yes I agree, I must see some vids, for entertainment since I believe T0mmy.

I just saw you and your brothers Kirby/Jiggly team. it was awsome.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Not Snake for sure. Snake is by far the worst partner to have if FF is on because lots of his explosives will be all over the place so unless you're really good at noticing tiny grenades and avoiding missiles and C4s you'll be wasting Snakes effort and taking unnecessary damage but if FF is off then go ahead.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Not Snake for sure. Snake is by far the worst partner to have if FF is on because lots of his explosives will be all over the place so unless you're really good at noticing tiny grenades and avoiding missiles and C4s you'll be wasting Snakes effort and taking unnecessary damage but if FF is off then go ahead.
It's almost as dangerous as playing with a reckless Samus player in melee. Too many super missles coming towards you lol.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
no not marth, not pit.

MK would be one of the, if not the best players in the game if he had decent finishing moves, but he has nothing of the sort and is balanced. A perfect partner for him would be his foil. My top pick is definately Ike, with huge range and VERY powerful killers, Ganon in 2nd for less maneuverable but still strong power. Or if you want really maneuverable power, get a zelda that can sweetspot kicks really good.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
no not marth, not pit.

MK would be one of the, if not the best players in the game if he had decent finishing moves, but he has nothing of the sort and is balanced. A perfect partner for him would be his foil. My top pick is definately Ike, with huge range and VERY powerful killers, Ganon in 2nd for less maneuverable but still strong power. Or if you want really maneuverable power, get a zelda that can sweetspot kicks really good.
I agree, the best partner for MK is someone with strong, effective killing moves. Other good characters are
Dedede, Wolf, ROB & Lucario.

MisshapenKontra

Smash Rookie
I think Metaknight and maybe Link and even toon link, from what I saw toon link has very good speed at the cost of some power, but still is able to kill very well. especially his dsmash.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link

"why" you ask? because Toon Link is ultimate ownage and metaknight is ultimate ownage. So how can you go wrong with two ultimate ownages? 2 times the ultimate ownage=....DOUBLE ultimate ownage

and who doesn't like double ultimate ownage? No one I tell you. NO one.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
that toon link thing isnt such a great idea, toon link is exactly like metaknight except more kill moves.

king DDD and metaknight work cheap together, metaknight racks up damage, ddd hits them with whatever and they go "blasting off again"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I dont agree on this Toon Link thing.
I still say King Dedede or Bowser can be Metaknight's best partner since both have Powerful moves. While Metaknight has speed and Combos, Dedede can use his FSmash to knock them out, or Bowser using his flames when Metaknight holds the enemy. I'd be a good Bowser to Gimpy.
Power and Speed are two major Powers after all, and when they merge, it is nearly Impossible to beat them.

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
olimar is a good partner for almost all fast characters just because it takes a lot for someone to really destroy him 1v1, and with 2v2s, if you have someone protecting him while he throws, i'm sure you can imagine it's not the other team's most favorite combo to vs. also, ike is a very good choice because he has all those KO moves that MK lacks, they complement each other very well. pit is another good choice just because obviously they both have incredible mobility, but i would rather have either of the former 2, or any other character that has low speed but high low % KO potential because MK's biggest weakness is his lack of finishing moves.

i'm sure a lot of people disagree with olimar, but having 2 people that can put %s to crazy levels and have them 2v1 someone, even for just 5 seconds will destroy a stock. that said, ike is probably a good primary partner, but if that doesn't work out (like they seem to just run from ike a lot, knowing that he's the KO guy) then try olimar.

M3TAMA5T3R

Smash Rookie
Ike and the other heavy hitters are best. If you're good with meta you can lay on some serious damage quick. That's basically the strat for this kind of duo, meta gives as much damage as fast as possible while the heavy hitter hangs back. Get your opponent past 100% and then bait them into or push them into one of ike's smash attacks. If meta starts taking on a lot of damage just keep at it, as long as your dishing it back out to them its fine because once you all break 100% they're going to worry about you less and more about your heavy hitter who should be bringing the heat by now.

Top Bottom