• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Partner for Meta Knight

perezo

Smash Cadet
I would say ike or 3d. Metaknight has good combo potential and low but rapid damage, but no killing killing moves. 3D has bad combo potential high damage but slow, and great killing blows. If you get desperate start throwing some waddle-dees.

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
i dont know if anyone has said this but......

TWO MKs would own the field as the ultimate tornado machine !

greenmetaknightfan

Smash Rookie
Kirby is best teamed with Meta Knight. Because of the theme, of course.
I'll probably replace my Melee Jigglypuff with Brawl Meta Knight in teams matches with t1mmy.

i agree with u but there is another reason why kirby makes a good partner in general especially for meta knight. Firstly kirby has the most vercatility for special moves due to his own set of killing moves (mainly stone) and his inhale and copy move. Second, assuming that we are playing with smash balls, kirby is especially suited to meta knight because of his stone move ( yet again), because if meta knight happens to get the final smash, it affects all people including the ally. The only exception to this move is invulnerability and thats where kirby's stone move comes into play. Also assuming this is coordinated the kirby partner could use the stone move right when meta knight uses galixia darkness. no damage and launch for kirby and the others take the hit.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Wife and I do MK/Marth, MK/DK, and MK/Lucas. To be honest, I think it depends on which characters you're fighting. If we hit a ROB, he'll play DK (and I may even switch to Fox). If we hit floaties (Kirby, MK, etc.), he'll go DK or Marth. Versus most other characters, MK/Marth works fine against them.

Definitely match-up dependent.

Mr J

Smash Rookie
Me and my brother play as Meta-Knight and Kirby, and we very rarely lose, so I'd say Kirby.

AK42_METAKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
i am really liking snake for a partner, the more i play. Ike too. they both have really good strong movesets to KO the opponents after MK speedily whips em with 100% damage.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
We played some casuals last night, 8 eight people...

the teir for mk partners from last night would look like this...

sheik, tournament worthy team
mk, easy, fun team to play
marth, just about anything pit can do marth does better, no arrow though
pit, zoning plus arrows can cover mk
sonic, they just do good together, I dunno, maybe its because they are both fast
average power (mario diddy pika ect), they did alright
high powered (dk ike ect) were just too slow to keep up, set ups can just be too hard
projectiles (samus snake ect), way to kill mk :( (Mk just doesn't live through mistakes)
you mom, four stocked us all by unplugging the wii

Pepdawg18

Smash Rookie
I've played ALOT of teams matches and Marth/Ike/Snake are by far my favorite teammates, in that order as well. That's just my personal experience though.

coolguy75

Smash Cadet
wtf why is it not writing what i post?

Is anyone else noticing that some of the characters' names are being replaced by other names?

lorddotm

Smash Rookie
i like marth(Yaoi?) the best for him, pit is good too, but no one else really went well, ike CREAMED me like twice while i was setting up for him

ddd couldnt keep up at all, and pika's thunder doesnt like meta knight..

i play with average players, we are good, but not the best

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
YO Metaknight and G&W nuff said

Look where we placed in yesterdays NYC weeklies our team name is GRITS & GRAVY I'm steiner my partner is blackanese.

I use MK and he uses G&W get at us!!!

giga bowser89976

Smash Rookie
bowser because bowser and meta knight can destroy things on the ground and sky and their final smashes are awesome:bee: it is so obvious!

AK42_METAKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
i competed in the missouri state finals for skills usa last weekend, and during downtimes, we had massive brawl fest going on. there were about 60-70 ppl i'd guess playing, and my friend marc, and i played as partners, me as mk, and him as either marth, or zss and in around 200-250 2 vs 2 matches with winner staying on, we left a grand total of 2 times both were us deciding to give it a break and go eat. but yeah we were perfect in 2 vs 2 play so zss and marth are pretty bamf'ing partners i'd say, that or we just kick a$$ lol

RangeOverMatter

Smash Rookie
I think Meta with Marth is good, just because they could rip another 2 man team apart. Meta could easily rush in and seperate the two, then Marth could take the other, and when the one Meta is facing needs to die, just let Marth tipper them. LOL! Marth tippers are too good sometimes.

-RoM-

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Metaknight plays very well with Lucario in teams, you can do some disgusting things with those 2. Marth and Ike are pretty good choices as well.

Top Bottom