• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BEST Part of SSB4 So Far?

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Unlike this thread's earlier-created, more hate comment-filled counterpart, this thread is one to be much more joyous and hype-inducing. I want you fellow smashers to tell and discuss what you think is the best part of the game so far. As with the other thread, try not to just list a certain character too much, as that would be quite boring :p

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received - Inappropriate Content
that it's being made and months away from having our penises on it

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Well... the customization thing is what makes my hype grow everyday. Also alternate costumes are FANTASTIC.

Also, I like people like you.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Mii Fighters.

They DO belong.

Numbers don't lie, whether you like it or not, Wii Sports was the best-selling video game of all time, with other series starring the little avatars also being very popular.

And not to mention that, while some people say they "defeat the point of Smash", remember that Nintendo history is nothing without the player. You are the reason Super Smash Bros. even exists, along with Mario, Kirby, Link, everyone. You deserve a spot.

Last edited:

MontyMonterson

Smash Rookie
I think the best part is the option to turn almost every stage in a Final Destination form. The Smashville and Yoshi's Island music from Melee and Brawl being played during grand finals isn't all that exciting really. From a spectator's point of view, that feature alone is a HUGE improvement over Melee and Brawl while watching matches. Makes the game feel more varied and bigger as well. Now if only we got a Battlefield only option too...

Last edited:

Light-Kratos

Smash Cadet
I'm more and more thinking that custom moves are going to be great for the game. Pretty alts are also cool.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The best part?

The awesome new mechanics.

New and mostly unique newcomers.

Glorious HD graphics.

The new design style.

Robin. Good enough to be listed twice. ;)

The prospect of awesome Nintendo music.

Last edited:

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
The character intro videos are great.

I wish they try to make an epic intro video that surpasses both Melee and 64. Brawl had unbelievable cutscenes, but the intro was just a Subspace montage so it didn't have the same effect as the other two did.

I mean I want a HUGE CGI trailer including every single character.
We're going to be spoiled on them before release anyways, so why not put them in the intro to hype us up about unlocking them?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll be honest.

I really love the character trailers. I also really like the Miis and all the other newcomers. In fact, I believe the newcomers are my favorite part of the game so far.

I have so many Miis I'd love to use. Also, my planned mains are mostly newcomers (Greninja, Little Mac, and Captain Falcon are my planned mains).

Azureo

Smash Cadet
NNID
XFrostheartX
3DS FC
4940-6338-3501
I've posted something I didn't like on the other board, might as well add something good here to balance it out. I love the new characters and how they feel (to me) like each new character will really add something unique to the game in regards to playstyle. The sad exception here is Lucina, but heck, I didn't complain about clones with Melee nor Brawl, so she's fine. Customizing my characters seems like fun, especially hyped for Mii's with this feature, no online though =( . Oh, and Smash Run seems very interesting! I wonder what the Wii U's got for a game mode.

Last edited:

Cloudx128

Smash Cadet
NNID
CloudX128
3DS FC
2509-1803-0127
I just love the roster. So many characters I want to try out. It's been really good so far.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem finally getting a character with magic in their moveset! Aside from that, though, Smash Run looks really addicting and like a great homage to Nintendo, but hopefully all series with playable characters get at least a few opponents.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Besides Sonic looking better than before? Visually looks great. Great cast so far, a lot of playable characters I want to test. Game play looks to be improving each time I see more of it.

Roge9

Smash Rookie
The fact that they actually care about making the gameplay good this time is the best part imo.

Also :4lucina:

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
The best part of this game, other than the awesome HD quality and great new characters and customizable movesets, would have to be. . . . The Wait!

Okay I know this sounds so stupid, but hear me out! I love and hate this wait at the same time! I hate it because I have to wait for this game I love so much to be released xD I need it now tbh! Hahaha! But at the same time. . . I actually love it!

This wait reminds me of the moments I always had with the days leading up to Christmas! The anticipation builds up and the speculation of the most important roster increases! Trying to predict, speculate, and draw up evidence of which new comers and veterans will appear in the next game is interesting and overall really fun! It's awesome to see how close a fan community can get from one game. Whether we or not we can do without the wait, this anticipation is just exciting and gives me a rush xD

I CANT WAIT for this game to be released and I will play it everyday, trying to main all these great new characters and veterans! I believe that only smash can cause such hype within a community. It truly is amazing to see hype this game generates! This game is going to be awesome!!! :D

OH AND SMASH RUN LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! :D

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I've never cared about the roster much, but Robin feels like the first time I have experienced "asked -> delivered".

One character I would care about having? Yeah, she's in!

I also just appreciate the greater emphasis on quality as opposed to quantity overall. Everything about the game just felt good.

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Pivot canceling and move customization. Generally speaking, anything that simultaneously improves every character on the roster is a good addition.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I think I'm kind of cheating when I choose this since it's not really towards the "game," per se, but I'm gonna go with the newcomer trailers.
Even when I'm indifferent towards the newcomer themselves, I can't help but love the trailer!
Seeing the Smash logo flash and then turn into flames, seeing the splash screens with that dramatic *thump* when the newcomer appears, those always sends a chill down my spine no matter the character, and seeing the different characters interact is always really cool.
I just love that they're making every newcomer reveal so grandiose. It's a wonderful touch, and it makes looking forward to the next one all the more hype-inducing.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Well done, Sakurai and co.

Seriously though.

And also, the game looks like something I'm going to really enjoy. It seems fast enough, and the character choices so far all look very interesting. (Your Miileage may very, for some though.)

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
For me, I'd say the roster. So far, the roster looks like it's going to be the best one yet. We have 36-38 characters (depending on whether you consider the Miis as 1 or 3 characters) and we STILL are not done yet! We still have 10 Veterans that were in Brawl that still have a great chance of being in (I'm excluding Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake, even though they are fun characters to play as) AND we are not done with the newcomer trailers YET! I'm hoping for more franchises to be represented in Smash Bros. by playable characters (yes, I'm looking at you Isaac, Ray 01, Takamaru, Shulk, etc.), but I'm pretty content with the roster so far. It really looks like they are catering to many different playstyles this time around, which I think is a good idea.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The best? I can't even pick, probably Robin and Lucina, but scratch them if Ridley makes it in.
I think the best part is the option to turn almost every stage in a Final Destination form. The Smashville and Yoshi's Island music from Melee and Brawl being played during grand finals isn't all that exciting really. From a spectator's point of view, that feature alone is a HUGE improvement over Melee and Brawl while watching matches. Makes the game feel more varied and bigger as well. Now if only we got a Battlefield only option too...
The Roost is the best Grand Finals song ever!
No, but seriously, Go! K.K. Rider IS pretty exciting.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
For me, I'd say the roster. So far, the roster looks like it's going to be the best one yet. We have 36-38 characters (depending on whether you consider the Miis as 1 or 3 characters) and we STILL are not done yet! We still have 10 Veterans that were in Brawl that still have a great chance of being in (I'm excluding Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake, even though they are fun characters to play as) AND we are not done with the newcomer trailers YET! I'm hoping for more franchises to be represented in Smash Bros. by playable characters (yes, I'm looking at you Isaac, Ray 01, Takamaru, Shulk, etc.), but I'm pretty content with the roster so far. It really looks like they are catering to many different playstyles this time around, which I think is a good idea.
Gotta agree with this, the newcomers for me have been soooo good, the only ones I'm not super hyped to try is the :4mii: but I'm sure there'll come a time when I will be
They just seem like they're really being unique with the new characters (with the exception of :4lucina:, which is fine). :4littlemac:, :4robinm:and :rosalina: seem insanely unique and I'm SO keen to try them out with the rest of the cast.

Also the buffs/nerfs and gameplay changes following on from Brawl just seem fantastic by the sounds of it

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
The best part is the roster.

:4mario::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:- We have the fathers of gaming.

:4link::4dk::4robinm::4greninja:-Characters old and new.

:4robinf::4wiifit::4samus::rosalina::4zss::4zelda::4lucina::4peach::4palutena:-Glorious Females.

:4falcon::4littlemac::4myfriends::4kirby:- THE MANLIEST CHARACTERS FROM NINTENDO

:4villager::4diddy::4luigi::4dedede::4olimar::4yoshi::4marth:- Popular and diverse characters coming from so many different franchises.

:4mii:- And these guys. They are awesome.

All of these amazing characters coming from all Nintendo universes is surreal. It really is a celebration.

:4bowser::4dedede: Now if only we could have more villains...

Stompu

Smash Apprentice

:4robinf::4wiifit::4samus::rosalina::4zss::4zelda::4lucina::4peach::4palutena:-Glorious Females.

:4falcon::4littlemac::4myfriends::4kirby:- THE MANLIEST CHARACTERS FROM NINTENDO

:4villager::4diddy::4luigi::4dedede::4olimar::4yoshi::4marth:- Popular and diverse characters coming from so many different franchises.

All of these amazing characters coming from all Nintendo universes is surreal. It really is a celebration.

god I love how diverse that roster is haha

StarLight42

Smash Lord
The best part honestly is the complete surprise of newcomers. Rosalina, Robin, and Lucina in my opinion were amazing surprises. Greninja was kind of cool, and a few others were neat too. That means I didn't like the extremely predictable reveals though. (Palutena)

I would say the roster but... there are some characters I didn't want back from Brawl and there are some characters I didn't want as newcomers, so yeah. :p

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
  • Robin's inclusion - Big for FE in general; most wanted newcomer
  • Overall roster diversity - Really loving the overall representation I'm seeing. They may not all be fan favorite characters, but I've noticed that people have been warming up to them over time, and they're definitely unique
  • The attention to detail - This is probably the biggest thing for me

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276

I agree. More villains would be nice.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Peach's undies in glorious HD.
Oh Lord... I haven't even realized. Day 1 buy now.
  • Robin's inclusion - Big for FE in general; most wanted newcomer
  • Overall roster diversity - Really loving the overall representation I'm seeing. They may not all be fan favorite characters, but I've noticed that people have been warming up to them over time, and they're definitely unique
  • The attention to detail - This is probably the biggest thing for me
I definitely agree. There are things that have been done for this game that never crossed my mind as needing to be changed in previous Smash games.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
There a lot of great things but the best thing so far is the newcomers. No one expected the likes of Wii fit trainer but what sakurai has done with her make her a awesome character same for Rosalina as well.

Top Bottom