• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Best of 2007- San Bernardino, Socal (12/29) - Thanks for coming! Go to results now

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Seeing as how there are no tournaments going on after UCLA, and remembering how great Panda's Best of 2006 tournament was last year, I've taken it upon myself to host:

Socal Best of 2007
for the lack of a better name​

When and Where?
December 29th, 2007

Luigi's church
2900 North E. Street
San Bernardino, CA 92405

My cell number is 909-262-9980. Call if you get lost/need directions.

9:00 - Check in begins
10:00 - Doubles begins
??? - Singles begins
??? - Crews?

http://tia.nealpro.com/ttournament.aspx?id=325

Rules

Entry Fees
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 per team
Venue entrance fee: $5

Payouts (Singles and Doubles)
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

General Rules (copied from SCC

• Singles and Doubles will consist of a Double-Elimination Bracket ran using TIO.
  • Items off.
  • Ties are determined by remaining lives, then %. If both players are tied in the forementioned criteria, a Sudden Death match will determine the winner.
  • First stage is randomly selected from the six neutral stages.
  • Each player is allowed to reset one neutral stage first round. If a previously reset stage comes up, the stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
  • The loser of the first match first announces the next stage to be played on. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. The same goes for the 3rd (and 4th/5th matches when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
  • No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
  • Double Blind picks may be called before the first game if wanted, and only apply to the first game.
  • Each player (or team) can ban a counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the start of the set. Neutral may not be banned.
  • Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc) and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound) are banned.
  • Team Attack is on for doubles.
  • Wobbling is not banned.

Bracket
  • Sets will consist of best 2 of 3 matches.
  • Each game will be 4 stock, 8 minutes long.
  • Losers and Winners Finals and Championship set will be best 3 of 5.

Stages
  • Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
  • Singles Counterpicks: All Singles Neutrals and Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria
  • Doubles Neutrals: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Kongo Jungle 64
  • Doubles Counterpicks: All Doubles Neutrals and Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria
  • Things to note: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for Doubles; Kongo Jungle 64 is on Doubles Neutrals

Equipment

TVs
1) JTB
2) Morb
3) Morb
4) P
5) P
6) JTB
7) II Zero II
8) II Zero II
9) II Zero II
10) Rel

Cubes/Wiis
1) JTB
2) Morb
3) Morb
4) P
5) II Zero II
6) II Zero II
7) Fabian
8) Fabian
9) The BOSS
10) Kamina
11) Rel

Attendees
1) JTB
2) Morb
3) Nes
4) J666
5) Khepri
6) Mike Y
7) P
8) Ronnietheboywonder
9) Tofu
10) Sony
11) Flyleaf
12) Resident Waffle
13) Atlus
14) Mike Haze
15) Festizzio
16) Araknophobik
17) EvilNemesis
18) Mangoooooooooooooooooo?
19) Lovage 805
20) Azn Lep
21) Edrees
22) HugS
23) Straight
24) Rickety
25) festizzio
26) Whatisfear
27) St. Pat
28) Zhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?
29) Danimals
30) Nashun
31) Pandaaaaaaaaaaaa
32) Rob_West
33) Kira
34) Champ
35) II Zero II + 3 friends
39) Enigma786
40) Kamina
41) xyouxarexuglyx2?
42) Iggy11993?
43) HomemadeWaffles?
44) Choknater?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
K, now people post that they will be coming and bringing tvs/cubes :)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
khepri, we should team again =)

I'll bring two tvs and a cube cause last year's best of ***** so much.

nm teaming with teh haze :O

araknophobik

Smash Master
lmfao ahhaa
i just asked mikeY about this like 2 days ago about having panda make a best of 07
i never thought it would actually happen being that brawl was supposed to be out by now

im there
gabe...we shouldn't team again
and emerican...
i want my revenge >=O

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
BTW, this tournament isn't limited to Socal. If I see alot of OoS interest in coming, I'll increase the fees to $10/$20 for singles/doubles, as well as add pool play in.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I updated the first post with various things.

The people at the church would like us to be finished by 10, so I moved everything back an hour. I'm hoping to have enough time to do crews as well, or another top 20 crew battle like last year.

I'll be willing to house any OoS people since I only live like 15 minutes away from the venue.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
there's never time for crews for a one-day event. just do doubles and singles, only doing pools if people bring enough TVs to make it doable, and leave it at that. if people really want crews they'll bring enough TVs to make it feasible, otherwise it's not your job as a tournament host to make up for other people's laziness.

Top Bottom