• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Neutral / Counterpick stages for a team of Lucario + Marth?

Jew and Magoo

Smash Rookie
What do you think is the best neutral stage for a team of Lucario + Marth?
What do you think is the best counterpick stage for a team of Lucario + Marth?

Neogen

Smash Rookie
Official wise, stick with battlefield I'd say. The low platforms let their high range attacks (up-smash!) get them pretty much everywhere, while the flat ground has no chance of blocking aura spheres.

As for counter-pick, and I can't believe I'm sharing my favorite strategy, if green greens is on for counterpick, USE IT. Learn to use the bombs to your advantage. I don't know about marth, but on the side platforms, lucario's ledge attack reaches all the way across. If there is a bomb right next to the side platform, go next to it. Predict your opponents attack and counter. They will hit the bomb, have a great chance of dying, and you will counter safely. (also, chain force palm grabs against the blocks works very well against heavy characters)

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
I'd probably consider Battlefield and Final Destination their best neutral stages. Battlefield is an excellent stage for Marth (it always has been), and Lucario does fairly well there. FD I suppose is better for a campy Lucario that uses a lot of Aura Sphere, but Marth has few problems there, as well.

As for counterpicking, getting the most accurate answer would require knowledge of the opposing team. A good stage for Marth and Lucario might perhaps be an even better stage for your opponents. Or maybe you and your partner are more comfortable on a certain stage rather than another. Work with your partner to find which ones work best, and read matchup guides on other character boards to find out which stages are best/worst for them. I know Luigi's Mansion is a good counterpick for Lucario, but I'm not sure how well Marth fares there.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yoshi's Island for neutrals. Pictochat for counterpick.

You can wall cling and live forever there. Marth can get tipper fsmashes those stages and it'll kill them early. Characters like MK can't cross under the stage and screw you up either.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Battlefield and FD are most likely the best neutral stages.

I personally would completely stay away from Green Greens, Lylat, and Corneria. The former and lattermost have very tiny horizontal boundaries, which mean big trouble for Lucario, and Lylat messes with Aura Sphere, although if you don't use AS too much, I guess it would be an okay stage to use due to Marth's superiority on it.

Timbers

check me out
Battlefield.

None of Luc's counterpicks (Mansion, Frigate) are exactly stellar for Marth. Marth's counterpick is battlefield. That's all there really is to it.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I love you guys. Lucario and Marth are the two most epicly awesome characters. As for stages... Battlefield is fine. Yoshi's island is pretty good. I'm wondering.... Jungle Japes? Or is that bad for Marth? I've never played Marth on JJ. =/

Timbers

check me out
I love you guys. Lucario and Marth are the two most epicly awesome characters. As for stages... Battlefield is fine. Yoshi's island is pretty good. I'm wondering.... Jungle Japes? Or is that bad for Marth? I've never played Marth on JJ. =/
Marth's recovery gets ***** here by the water. He has more opportunities for spikes though, and aerial combat is promoted, which is where he shines.

You'd really have to ask a Marth main, but the stage generally caters to characters that can play a good defense while pelting characters with projectiles (Falco, ROB)

Top Bottom