• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Final Smash So Far?

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Yeah this isn't my favorite FS ever. I think they could have done so much more with Snake like maybe, I don't know, pulling out a few Metal Gears to fight for him?
I admit I've never played a MGS game, but isn't Snake primarily trying to destroy the Metal Gears? They also don't really strike me as the kind of thing one can just "pull out a few" of.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Yeah this isn't my favorite FS ever. I think they could have done so much more with Snake like maybe, I don't know, pulling out a few Metal Gears to fight for him?
Nooooooo.....Metal Gear Rex and Ray are on Shadow Moses, why have them as his FS too?....Plus there's a new model of a Metal Gear that appears from time to time (Metal Gear Solid 4....is what I'm thinking)

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I'm impressed with this FS. It was kinda hard for me to come up with a plausible FS for him, but Sakurai did it just fine. Great creativity going into this one.
I agree, especially with the fact that Snake's FS is very creative.

It seems pretty powerful. I personally thought it seemed a little unbalanced, though, because he is pretty much godlike during his FS. He can't get hit during it, since he isn't on the stage, and he also can't fall off the edge. It also seems pretty failsafe, seeing as how you aim it at the opponents yourself, and you get 12 shots. Although, it is one of the only ones that is timed, so i guess it works out...right?

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Snake's Final Smash is one of the more fun looking ones to play around with. The fact that he jumps onto a helicopter and fires a giant grenade launcher at the stage while hanging from a rope ladder is the most badass thing the game has yet to offer. I don't think it's the best Final Smash thusfar (that title goes to Lucas, in my book), but it's surely an entertaining one.

Also, just to throw it out there: If Snake has this manly of a Final Smash, just think of what Captain Falcon will have in his arsenal. :p

iMichael

Smash Lord
Snake just looks better and better.....I still watch the "Snake joins the Brawl" video everyday.....with surround sound...pfft his punches and kicks sound incredible.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Snake's Final Smash is kind of cheating, I mean, the screen zooms away and stuff, Snake cannot be damaged, etc.

I prefer Great Aether.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Snake's Final Smash is kind of cheating, I mean, the screen zooms away and stuff, Snake cannot be damaged, etc.

I prefer Great Aether.
*2 handed facepalm* with a *sigh*.....I hope you weren't serious when you said that.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
i can understand what he is getting at Envy.

the screen zooms out meaning your opponent may have to deal with the unusual view and thereby lose some of their effectiveness.
Snake not being damaged isn't annoying because last i saw, noone is capable of being hurt during an FS.(not too sure on that)

iMichael

Smash Lord
That's the whole point of the FS....to get the upper hand in the battle. If it's that much of a problem...don't let Snake get the Smash ball. FS can't be cheap....if that's the case then Bowser is cheap because he takes up the whole stage and has SA the whole time. Ice Climbers are cheap because they change the whole battlefield. Pit must really be cheap...he doesn't have to do a d*** thing. See it sounds stupid saying the FS are cheap.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Well, I don't particularly like this one. I've never played any of the Metal Gear games, so can anyone tell me if the grenade launcher had any special significance to any of them?
Its a grenade launcher, in which Snake uses to shoot things with, get with the program. :laugh:

It doesn't need to have "special significance".

Real men like Snake do what it takes to get the job done, and they don't care about looking cute in the process.

:laugh:

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Snake's Final Smash seems good, what with the fact that you're completely invincible and all, but it may not be that strong (we don't know yet).
Giga Bowser is the best FS we've seen so far, methinks, with Super Sonic taking second.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that doesn't like the FS? It looks really hard to aim with a joystick, and unless the grenades shoot VERY fast, I'm gonna go ahead and predict that they are gonna be easy to dodge. Also, it didn't help that the translation said that he would shoot them "one at a time."

By the way, couldn't you just go to the part where Snake was covering? He'd have a hard time hitting you then.

jigenbakuda

Smash Rookie
to me the effectiveness of his fs lays in the timer for the grenades. Do they blow up on contact (ala goldeneye grenade launcher) or do they lanch to an area and rest for a second before they go boom. Can you hold the trigger to take time off of the timer, but fire less total shots? Can you hold the trigger to increase the speed of the grenades? I like the idea, but a lot of things must be discoved before we know if it is good or not...

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
it is incredibly cool, but i don't think it's the best, i think that belongs to Link, Pit, Samus (only because of ZSS) or sonic

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
A possible 12 KOs? That's really good. Especially useful on Skyworld.
12 KOs would surely be impossible, each shot will surely only be effective if the targets % is high. then when they return from being KOd, their % will obviously be low again, thus disallowing the chance of another KO on them. 3 KOs at the most surely

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I actually think that Snake's final smash is crappy for two reasons.

They could have done something more "Metal Gear" like an actual Metal Gear coming and blowing the stage to crap with a beam or something. Or Get Liquid Snake to come and bomb everyone in a Hind D.

Second is that it looks hard to hit people with it because the grenade's hitbox seems small, this makes the possibility of ANY KOs on larger stages really slim.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Yeah, im really not a fan of Halo or MGS Games, but this final smash is just amazing. who agrees that this is probably the best so far?
Wtf does Halo have to do with anything?

I don't think we'll be able to tell for sure who has the best FS until we play the game. Snake's looks like it could be good, but it could end up being hard to aim and easy to dodge.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, im really not a fan of Halo or MGS Games, but this final smash is just amazing. who agrees that this is probably the best so far?

What exactly is the connection between MGS and Halo Gaylo?
I feel you have insulted MGS just to put those two words in the same sentence.

Kips

Smash Ace
They just both happen to be high tech shooters with the main difference being that smart, stealthy people play Metal Gear Solid and acne infested teens with prepubescent shrieks of 'noob!1!!' try to go gung ho with their power shield on Gaylo.

HellsAngels(7)

Smash Rookie
I dont really think there wil really but i best final smash because every one has they own person they are going to main my personal main will be Zelda and Sheik and i really love there FS but i also want to use Zamus but she got a bad FS

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say the best... So far I've really liked Ike's.

But I like Snake's too because you actually have to aim and stuff, it's not just "Oh, push button - insta-pwn."

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I think its funny when people say "its not the best", THEN they don't name the best.

I personally think its the best since you can miss a few times, but still get a few kills in.

Plus its absolutley badass.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Once you get used to aiming with his Final Smash, it becomes a guarantee KO on each person in the match (3 KOs in a FFA). You aren't going to get someone after killing them, because the smash wears off before the invincibility does, but other than that he kills everyone once. You can juggle them off the top of the screen, even at 0%, and in a one-on-one there's no escape. It's one of the best Final Smashes IMO.

Most people get one or two KOs at best, and Pit/Kirby/Metaknight/Dedede can jump a bunch to evade almost all of the Final Smashes, but Snake's can track them. It's really boring to do, and I imagine even more boring to watch (nobody else wanted to play Snake), but it's pretty potent once you get your bearings and get used to it.

Kips

Smash Ace
Once you get used to aiming with his Final Smash, it becomes a guarantee KO on each person in the match (3 KOs in a FFA). You aren't going to get someone after killing them, because the smash wears off before the invincibility does, but other than that he kills everyone once. You can juggle them off the top of the screen, even at 0%, and in a one-on-one there's no escape. It's one of the best Final Smashes IMO.

Most people get one or two KOs at best, and Pit/Kirby/Metaknight/Dedede can jump a bunch to evade almost all of the Final Smashes, but Snake's can track them. It's really boring to do, and I imagine even more boring to watch (nobody else wanted to play Snake), but it's pretty potent once you get your bearings and get used to it.
Well first of all, good analysis. It seems great for FFA's and 1 vs. 1's alike. But what? Noone wants to play as Snake? I heartily await his arrival onto the field to play as! And what happens when someone ledgestalls or spotdodge spams. The lag between shots seems too great.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
I mean nobody in my group wanted to play Snake. We all picked a main and stuck with it in the interest of learning the finer details of how to play them. One picked Ike, one picked Samus, etc. I happened to have picked Snake, and I got ridiculous kills with that Final Smash.

For ledgestall/spot dodge, people tried it and it didn't work. The actual explosion from each grenade lasts longer than a spot dodge, so that's out, and if you keep shooting them at a ledge, there's nobody who can ledgestall long enough to escape it. It's not like you pop them out and hit/miss, you cover a large area with a lingering explosion. In the right hands, it's almost always a KO.

Kips

Smash Ace
The game is out already where you are? Just wondering.

Other then that I see. However, it really depends on the accuracy of the user. Someone with good reflexes could dodge their way past someone with bad accuracy and vice versa.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was playing the Japanese version. Nobody's figured out supar advanced techs yet, but so far it looks nigh unavoidable.

Top Bottom