• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Eevee evloution

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
436 Special Attack > 350 Special Attack ;)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
normal/ghost would be cool

i mean...being only weak to dark...immune to ghost, fighting, and normal attacks

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Someone should make an all eeveelutions team.
It'd be impossible to make an all Eeveelution team, as there are 7 Eeveelutions, but you can only have 6 Pokemon on a team.

Yes, there can be a team with only Eeveelutions. I think that's what you meant, though.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I had a pretty good team made up of all eeveelutions. Didn't use Glaceon because he was just a bad Vaporeon, the way I was using him :dizzy:

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
So I guess we agree that Flareon and Glaceon are the worst Eeveelutions?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

mood4food77

Smash Hero
flareon is by far the worst one, no doubt

glaceon and leafeon are about the same, vaporeon is worse than both of them, espeon i think is a little better, but jolteon and umbreon are by far the best

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
*backhands*
Glaceon>Vaporeon

And Espeon and Leafeon suck more than both.
Espeon>>>>>>>>>Glaceon>Vaporeon

Espeon @ Light Clay
Synchronize
Timid (Spd+ Atk-)
EVs: 196 Hp / 122 SpDef / 192 Spd

Light Screen
Reflect
Grass Knot / HP Fighting
Psychic

This is a gimmick set.

Oh yes...

Umbreon > Jolteon > Vaporeon > Espeon > Leafeon > Glaceon > Flareon

But, if Flareon had Flare Blitz...

Umbreon > Flareon > Jolteon > Vaporeon > Espeon > Leafeon > Glaceon

UMBREONMOW FTW!!!!!!!1

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Uh, Espeon >Jolteon ~ Umbreon > Vaporeon. The other sucks.

But Espeon deserves better:

Epeon - Leftovers
Timid@EVs: 196 HP / 122 SDef / 192 Spd
- Grass Knot / HP Fighting / Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

It's too good.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord

Epeon - Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

It's too good.
I said it was a gimmick set. ;)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

Epeon - Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

It's too good.
Don't worry about posting impressive and accurate movesets -- I thought that mine had proven Leafeon useful to this bunch, but then they just continued on their way.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
There's nothing bad about Leafeon. It's just that Umbreon, Jolteon, and (maybe) Glaceon are better. I do admit that Roaring Baton Passing is pretty nifty though.

takieddine

Smash Master
espeon has one of the highest special attacks in the game...nuff said.

Umbreon is gay as hell with great wall stats and even more amazing wall moves.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry about posting impressive and accurate movesets -- I thought that mine had proven Leafeon useful to this bunch, but then they just continued on their way.
Haha, right. It's just the standard set, I didn't try to post any impressive sets, anyway.

Sure, Umbreons movepool is great. But how hard is it to predict? Uh, easy. What about Jolteon? Either a Agilitypass set, which probably contains Marowak, or a standard T-Bolt - HP~Grass/Ice - Sub - TWave set. Espeon do get alot of options. EspyJump, Specs, sweeper, etc.

I really do like to have a lot of options, and Espeon usually'd get a spot in my team. I love to BP a Calm Mind to something powerful, as Zapdos or Ludicolo. (swift swim set, of course.)

Ya, Umbreon can do the same, with Curse. Just to bad that every single, standard phazer usually is a physical tank, which is afraid of Espeon.

Hm, you really can't compare Umbreon and Espeon. They're to different. Espeon's stats and movepool makes it a good sweeper, or a Calm Mind passer, thanks to the great speed.
Umbreon is a great tank, and can outstall alot. He also'd get to trap a trapping move, which is great if you'd have Celebi, Mismagius, etc. But still, it's pretty easy to counter, which Espeon isn't.

But wow, Umbreon is a great metagamecounter! Pursuit is too good, and thanks to his Psychic immunity, about any pure Psychic dies. And it also do have a Ghost resistance, but some of the ghosts do have Focus Bomb, though. x] Ye, some of the Psychics, too.. Still, Pursuit is too good. Too bad his stats don't allow him to attack harder.

Espeon isn't much of a metagamecounter, thanks to poor defensive stats and typing. Few resistances.. Well, it isn't supposed to wall anyway, so that is something we'll survive. Powerful STABed Psychic AND a great stat up move, and the ability to pass it to something else. Yeah, you got to love it.

No doubts, these two is probably the best of the Eevee evolutions, BUT they can't be compared.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
It's just that most of the Eeveelutions have bad Defenses. Sure, one Defense stat will be 110 or something, which is good, but the other Defense stat is like 60. Also, the Eeveelutions are kinda outclassed by other OU Pokes. Espeon, usually a Special Sweeper, is fast and can hit hard, but it can't take Physical hits. Salamence, on the other hand, has more power behind it's Special Attacks thanks to Choice Specs (unless Espeon has Choice Specs, which is rare) and can also take hits better. Salamence doesn't need the 110 Speed stat and strike before stricken when it's perfectly fine sweeping at 100.

Of course, not all Eeveelutions are outclassed, and some even have unique abilities. Jolteon and Leafeon are unique Baton Passers, and Vaporeon is up there in the Bulky Water category. Oh, and Espeon is still a good Special Sweeper. ;)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

capt.falcon4life

Smash Apprentice
In another dimension where they treat lesbians lik
It's just that most of the Eeveelutions have bad Defenses. Sure, one Defense stat will be 110 or something, which is good, but the other Defense stat is like 60. Also, the Eeveelutions are kinda outclassed by other OU Pokes. Espeon, usually a Special Sweeper, is fast and can hit hard, but it can't take Physical hits. Salamence, on the other hand, has more power behind it's Special Attacks thanks to Choice Specs (unless Espeon has Choice Specs, which is rare) and can also take hits better. Salamence doesn't need the 110 Speed stat and strike before stricken when it's perfectly fine sweeping at 100.

Of course, not all Eeveelutions are outclassed, and some even have unique abilities. Jolteon and Leafeon are unique Baton Passers, and Vaporeon is up there in the Bulky Water category. Oh, and Espeon is still a good Special Sweeper. ;)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
yeah, good point

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Espeon, usually a Special Sweeper, is fast and can hit hard, but it can't take Physical hits. Salamence, on the other hand, has more power behind it's Special Attacks thanks to Choice Specs (unless Espeon has Choice Specs, which is rare) and can also take hits better. Salamence doesn't need the 110 Speed stat and strike before stricken when it's perfectly fine sweeping at 100.
The Speed is mainly the reason to use it. The fastest Calm Mind passer ingame, and only Celebi outclasses it. ;) And you won't see any Celebi's around, for some time, I guess.

To think of it, some pokémons can pass Nasty Plot. But still, I'd think Calm Mind will be pretty cool, for pokémons such as Zapdos, wth a BoltBeam weakness and not that great speed.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
That's why Glaceon is better than Vaporeon. His Special Attack is really high, and so are both his defences which allows him to actually take a hit. Glaceon and Vaporeon both have the same speed so the only thing Vaporeon has over Glaceon is more HP, but one solid hit to his weak spot will discredit that completely.

And woah, I just looked at Espeon. I never knew his speed and Special Attack were so high. It's too bad his movepool isn't all that stellar.

Top Bottom