• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best counterpick stages, and stages to ban

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
umm.. i counter pick bum w/ FD.. lolz. it's a great stage for peach to chaingrab, air combo, and camp. the DK definitely lives for a long time, but once he's off the stage, i'll pretty much float just under DK w/ Nairs. (or if he's below me, Dair > Nair)

however, i do hate fighting DK at pokemon stadium because of low ceiling. Uthrow > Uair ***** peach. and when the stage changes, it's difficult to chase DK.

and FoD's low platforms make DK's Dair a huge threat.

just thought i'd give my opinion ^_^ (great thread)
Yeah, i don't have a ton of peach experience, so you could be right. I just pick final D cuz its just one of my personal favorite stages. I don't really know where i'd take peach cuz there's not really anyplace that is a true counterpick against peach. But fod, dk's d air being a huge threat? I don't really see how...its not that hard to avoid DK's d air. Its not nearly as good as falcon's or ganon's d air....Although i do see it being a problem if you do actually get hit by one though being as how dk will pretty much have a free attack at that point.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
I think FoD is a much bigger advantage for Peach rather than DK. Those platforms will screw up some of your BAir spam, and her DSmash ***** DK when she's atop a platform. I hate the stage.

Anyways...

Just wondering, is Japes any good on Marth? Since he can never sweetspot the edges, making your edgeguarding that much easier, and the fact that he has a hard time approaching you when you're on the side platforms, I thought this stage could work quite well.

Opinions?

Cia

das kwl
DK's Dair combo set ups are a lot safer when he can land on a platform.

While peach's dsmash is pretty dangerous here, it's not hard to read a peach players patterns. and if u crouch under one dmash, a Uair will punish her and possibly set her up to be hit again.

Donkey Kong is unbelieveably scary when played well

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
DK's Dair combo set ups are a lot safer when he can land on a platform.

While peach's dsmash is pretty dangerous here, it's not hard to read a peach players patterns. and if u crouch under one dmash, a Uair will punish her and possibly set her up to be hit again.

Donkey Kong is unbelieveably scary when played well
I dunno...i know i wouldn't pick FoD against a peach...lol, i hate that stage either way. I don't like fod or yoshis story. I like bigger stages like final d and dreamland. Pokemon stadium does sound like a good choice against peach. The only thing i don't like about that stage is that its harder to ledge tech cuz its a lot harder to see where you're out to time the tech, but thats not too big of a deal....

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
What stage would you take a Shiek player to?

Mexican mentioned Peach's Castle on the first post, however, that stage is now banned in tournaments.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
What stage would you take a Shiek player to?

Mexican mentioned Peach's Castle on the first post, however, that stage is now banned in tournaments.
Corneria maybe? I dunno. Corneria is a decent choice i think. I personally also like DL since you can survive forever, but edgeguarding becomes a little bit more difficult if sheik is able to teleport onto the platforms, cuz then that means no attack for you from the ledge. Pokemon stadium isn't too bad either. The low ceiling helps you get kills pretty early and sheik doesn't usually get vertical kills that often. Actually....i would think that Green Greens would be an excellent choice. Low ceiling. You can a lot of the times get stopped by a block when you get f air'd if you have good di. The ceiling is low so you can get quick ko's.....Yeah...i'd say Green Greens would be a good choice unless someone else knows a reason why it would be bad...

Cia

das kwl
Corneria maybe? I dunno. Corneria is a decent choice i think. I personally also like DL since you can survive forever, but edgeguarding becomes a little bit more difficult if sheik is able to teleport onto the platforms, cuz then that means no attack for you from the ledge. Pokemon stadium isn't too bad either. The low ceiling helps you get kills pretty early and sheik doesn't usually get vertical kills that often. Actually....i would think that Green Greens would be an excellent choice. Low ceiling. You can a lot of the times get stopped by a block when you get f air'd if you have good di. The ceiling is low so you can get quick ko's.....Yeah...i'd say Green Greens would be a good choice unless someone else knows a reason why it would be bad...
I like sheik on corneria v dk too T_T but that's cuz I'm not too proud to camp.. lolz

kongo jungle will destroy sheik

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Sheik's UAir ***** Green Greens. And she can needle camp you, while you're camping on one of the side platforms with aerial needles.
Its a lot easier for DK to get off an u air on sheik than it is for sheik to get an u air on DK. I'm not afraid of dying from her u air. I like my chances. As for the needle camping, thats true, but i don't think that it'd be too big of a deal. It still has her chasing you, and the whole time i'd be charging my giant punch. I dunno...i like Green Greens in that matchup

Top Bottom