• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Control Set Up For Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

vAaTiBrAwL

Smash Rookie
most of the matches i play are usually epicly crazy and hectic... i find it hard to pull out my up tilt and neutral air in the times that i really need them.

i use the control stick to jump if that means anything, i havnt changed the control scheme... its completely default.

any tips?

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
You should put tap jump off, since it messes with your arrow looping. I still have problems to use Nair sometimes, since you have to tap A instead of using the C-stick, but you'll get used to it after a while.

I personally use Z for shielding, Y for grabbing and X for jumping, but that's my own preference.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Well i have tap jump off because it eventually mess up my jump count and screws me over

i have Z for shielding and R for grabs, other then that all the same

Coffee™

I need it....
I just play with the default settings and tap jump on, really whats so bad about tap jump guys?

If you're having problems with tilts there is always the option of using the c stick for tilts but I wouldn't recommend it.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
The best controller for pit in my oppening is the classic controller. First tap jump off, Y and R for special the R special make it easier to wingdash. B and Z/L set to attack, Z\L make it easier to pivot walk illusion and i suggest all pit player to use this move becasue its very effective. L set to shield and X and A set to jump. Cstick must remain to smash so you can use pivot walk illusion.

Note : setting Y button to special and the B button to attack is very easy to get use to because it bring back the N64 feel to the game which i think is a lot bitter than the game cube controller

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
I turn tap jump off, and have set L to Special. I only use it for WoI though. Everything else is default.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Welcome to the SWF and the Pit boards if you have any questions I would suggest using the ask a thread stickied at the top, or using the search function right above the threads to see if a thead topic already is there before making a thead.

I suggest having tap jump off, and im sure any Pit will agree regardless of arrow looping but because of arrow control in general. Other then that its all personal prefrence.

Deeves

Smash Rookie
I have tap jump off cause it screws up the arrow looping and my up tilt. but tap jump is fine i got a friend who has L for his jump butten. I also find it easier to use a double C stick controller. lol Swap out the joy stick with a C stick so much fun. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom