• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Character For Beginners?

TheycallmeMK

Smash Rookie
Which character would be the best suited towards absolute beginners. I havn't played any of the smash series for ages, and am going to come back with brawl. Im expecting to have absolutely 0 knowledge of playing the game, so which character would be the easiest to control/etc. Thanks.

Thino

Smash Master
I'd suggest you play Subspace emissary first so you can get ahold of many characters and see who suits you best.
However if you want to play directly VS mode Id suggest you take Kirby for easy recovery

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
Beginner Friendly Characters... Well I'd have to say
Pit
Mario
Kirby
Pikachu
Peach (Maybe)
Donkey Kong (Maybe)
Sonic (Maybe)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I'd say either Kirby or Meta-Knight. Both are very n00b-friendly.

I'd suggest you play Subspace emissary first so you can get ahold of many characters and see who suits you best.
However if you want to play directly VS mode Id suggest you take Kirby for easy recovery
Characters in the SSE play a bit differently then in the main mode.

TheycallmeMK

Smash Rookie
yeah, i was going to play SSE first... but my friend is going with me at midnight to pick up my copy, and we were gonna play for a while... so i guess i'll try some of the characters that you guys listed. thanks! :D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
id say meta knight is definitely the easiest, tho is upB recovery isnt that standard. but fast easy attacks and multiple jumps helps. maybe samus also. someone earlier suggested peach and sonic... i wouldnt call them beginner friendly at all. sonic is the fastest and can be quite tough to control, and to get good with him, most of his game are grabs and precise edgeugarding, and peach relies a lot on smart projectile use and float cancelling.

subspace will help u get familiar overall, even if the characters are slightly tweaked (they barely are, possibly just a lil faster running speed to make it seem like a better platformer). but yea go for like meta knight, samus, kirby, mario.

TheycallmeMK

Smash Rookie
yeah, out of all of the characters mentioned so far... pit seems the most appealing. I think i'll try my hand at him.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
If you're a newbie you should go pick up Melee or 64, why the hell haven't you played those??

6footninja

Smash Ace
If you're a newbie you should go pick up Melee or 64, why the hell haven't you played those??
He said hes just getting back into it, I mean its a little late to start now, hes obviously excited about Brawl and it isnt long at all until its out.

TheycallmeMK

Smash Rookie
i played them a LONG time ago. and i no longer have a 64/gamecube so yeah. its gonna be interesting to say the least.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Mario, he is the best character for begginers.

Isn't the first shown character always the best character to begin with?

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Characters with multiple jumps like Kirby or Meta Knight. Pit might work too. Mario is pretty good, but you must recover!

Top Bottom