• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Buy Demo Discussion - What do you think of Zero Suit Samus in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This thread is to discuss your thoughts on Zero Suit Samus from the playable demo at Best Buy. Please visit the other characters boards to discuss different characters.

---

With the playable demos on Wednesday, June 11 and Saturday, June 14, smashers who couldn't attend e3 will have the chance to experience Super Smash Brothers for the Wii U hands on for the first time.

- For information, Click here.
- To find a location near you, Click here.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
She looks incredible.

Apparent buffs:
1. Jab works!! but doesn't appear to be 1 frame now., Jab 1 pops opponents into the air so that all hits connect.
2. Grab's range, start-up and lag were reduced, making it a more balanced move
3. Has a zair!
4. Back and and fair seem faster, fair connects better
5. Run speed seems faster
6. Full hop is higher
7. Short hop is lower
8. New up-b!
9. Dash attack is super fast and safer on block, but lock is obviously gone
10. Down-b buries the opponent on flipstool (what the actual ****?)
11. Fsmash.

Nerfs:
1. Up air is slower significantly
2. Down Tilt is super laggy
3. Problems following up after throws, like everyone else

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Between wanting to play Pit, Kirby, Villager, ZSS, Bowser, Villager and Megaman... Tough position. Heard they only had 1 set up to play on and you get two rounds. Don't want to wait in line for so long...

Shamoz

Smash Cadet
I wasn't there to play at Best Buy unfortunately, so could someone pleasea answer a couple questions for me :D?
-Does dsmash dsmash bair/fair still work?
-What about the Dsmash downB stage spike?
-Does Dsmash Dsmash Fsmash work? I saw ZeRo try it a couple times but it didn't seem so effective.
-How does the upB work?
-Does sideB still tether stages, or does the tether only work with Zair?

Noel

Smash Rookie
And what other colors does zssamus have? if anyone could check that as well X)

So far we seem her Normal, Black, and a pink one

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
She has black, pink, blue, and normal.

I played her on round one and took 1st with +4. So glad to see my girl being a kickass powerhouse. Haters can hate all they want but this is not a weak and vulnerable Samus. General feelings among the rest of the crowd seem to agree.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wasn't there to play at Best Buy unfortunately, so could someone pleasea answer a couple questions for me :D?
-Does dsmash dsmash bair/fair still work?
-What about the Dsmash downB stage spike?
-Does Dsmash Dsmash Fsmash work? I saw ZeRo try it a couple times but it didn't seem so effective.
-How does the upB work?
-Does sideB still tether stages, or does the tether only work with Zair?
In all honesty, it's hard to tell on any of the former combos. Best Buy had a 3min. time limit with four characters and items on. It was extremely hard to make any sort of in-depth judgment on specific combos. I was instead trying out the new moves and just trying to sneak in kills.

The upB seems extremely powerful. Think of Melee Link's upB when connecting with all hits, only it's easier to actually connect every one. Also, sideB still tethers, though I found myself rarely needing it on Battlefield. Her jumping options seem very effective.

Overall, I feel she's less floaty, more powerful, a little heavier, better capable offstage and her grab is no longer as dangerous because they cut the lag time in half. The only nerf I could find in my three chaotic minutes was the fact that her sideB has been shortened; I found myself trying to hit the sweetspot on a still-standing enemy twice and missing by a hair.

The game feels nice, but these limited previews hardly tell us anything about characters' potential. But SSB4 definitely feels less floaty and slow than Brawl.

Noel

Smash Rookie
She has black, pink, blue, and normal.

I played her on round one and took 1st with +4. So glad to see my girl being a kickass powerhouse. Haters can hate all they want but this is not a weak and vulnerable Samus. General feelings among the rest of the crowd seem to agree.
Thanks for checking! :)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I also neglected to mention before that of the four matches I witnessed at Best Buy (including the one I played in) with a ZSS picked, she won three of them. That's a pretty good average. I actually finished with +4, and we were all using characters we were familiar with in Brawl.

It means next to nothing, but between that and her winning the E3 Invitational, I'm thinking she might be pretty potent. Here's to hoping they don't significantly nerf her between now and release.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I also neglected to mention before that of the four matches I witnessed at Best Buy (including the one I played in) with a ZSS picked, she won three of them. That's a pretty good average. I actually finished with +4, and we were all using characters we were familiar with in Brawl.

It means next to nothing, but between that and her winning the E3 Invitational, I'm thinking she might be pretty potent. Here's to hoping they don't significantly nerf her between now and release.
Maining her whether she gets nerfed or anything. and if shes so good that she becomes the MK for smash 4 then I'll start up a #free Zss <3

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I honestly cannot tell. It's so difficult t hear.

Yeah, Zamus is easily my favorite in this game right now. I went backed and played her again today and she's very forgiving to unfamiliar players. We had a 4 way sudden death and I was able to use her to get a pretty easy win. And before that her power, mobility, and recovery was making it easy to stay in the fight and doing damage. I was actually fighting a guy who knew how to play Kirby and I still managed to do well. Honestly, right now it feels like Kirby vs. Zamus is just a bad matchup. He should have rolled over me.

The only other thing I can say is that the plane switch on Pilotwings messes up your Dair and DownB.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Do you think the Smash 4 physics differences would make you have to play her differently than you would in Brawl?
Not particularly. Any differences would be advantageous.

You can go further off the edge now because her recovery is way better. She's slightly heavier, it seems, so you can live on into higher percentages, and you don't have to worry nearly as much about being launched vertically because the ceiling seems considerably higher in Smash4.

Overall, you can play her about the same as you did in Brawl, only more easily. Though her upgraded attack power and shorter range on her sideB likely means she'll be less of a spacer and more of a rusher this time around. It's still nice to know though that adequate spacing is still available between her sideB and Zair.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It could be a placeholder for demo purposes only.
Considering they changed some of Sonic's taunts, and Pit having A LOT of voice work, I doubt it'd be a placeholder. Sakamoto getting put in his place more and more makes me happy :)

I noticed that I rushed-down a bit as ZSS on Saturday, and in turn I took a lot of damage. It might've been because it was 4-player matches and timed, but that's how I felt anyway. She didn't feel like a Kite in this build, either. Her Dodges don't seem to have been slowed down.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Amazing, considering maining her. Not just because of the Invitational either, I loved her new look and moves since the April 8th Direct.Seeing all the footage of her though really gets me pumped to play as her.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'm a Marth main but I'm seriously considering maining ZSS after playing her last week. She feels so fluid in this game.

Mrkrabs06

Smash Rookie
I didn't get a chance to play Smash 4 when they had it near my Best Buy due to work, but from all the stuff I have been hearing about ZSS is great stuff so far. Did anyone get to try her custom B special moves? Is it possible to down b(Pitfall someone, stun and try to pitfall again? For anyone that has played the game, is Smash DI still exist? Can you still wavebounce in this game like you could brawl? Does any of her moves auto-cancel?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
No customization possible.
No possible say to pitfall > stun somebody. Not nearly enough time.
That iteration did not have SDI.
You can wavebounce.
Didn't check that because weird controllers.

Mrkrabs06

Smash Rookie
No customization possible.
No possible say to pitfall > stun somebody. Not nearly enough time.
That iteration did not have SDI.
You can wavebounce.
Didn't check that because weird controllers.
Thank You Nick for the info. But from what I have seen with ZSS down smash, the stun duration is longer when the enemy is on a higher %. Maybe at low % it could work, but me or someone would have to try it out. Guess I'll have to wait until the game comes out.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
In Brawl the stun is longer the higher the opponent's %, but in SSB4 it's MUCH shorter than Brawl's.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I honestly thought her playstyle was very awkward. Just not my style. Maybe it's that awful Wii U pro controller, I donno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom