• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best addition to Brawl

Marie_54

Smash Ace
The thing of switching characters when they die in a match... Ooh Snap! Sakurai forgot to put it under brawl!

F*** Sakurai Inc.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
I think the characters. Since there aren't many copies of characters like in brawl. Also the addition of snake and sonic helped get things going to help influence more 3rd party characters possibly in future smash games.

mzink*

Smash Ace
i of course am glad MK was added since i main him. i also think pokemon trainer was a cool addition, it would be cool if in future smash games they updated his three pokemon. i also like stage builder, i enjoy watching cpu's fight on my stages. what i DONT like is how they added treadmills to pokemon stadium stage, those get annoying to me. lets see my favorite stage addition....probably delfino plaza. my favorite item addition, smash ball definitely.

Lucario2k8

Smash Cadet
somewhere far away think its called hyrule
OH yeah smash ball!i forgot to add that, it adds a lot of diversity to the characters.mzinkk9 what do you propose the three new pokemon be?i think it was good having heavy , light and medium stlyes with the one charcter but the pokemon trainer is no where as near useful as i first thought he would be, tis a shame.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Sonic. I don't main him, and frankly hes probably one of the game's worse characters overall, but theres no question that hes what I'm happiest to see added to Brawl.

Zevox

mzink*

Smash Ace
it is different having to master 3 different characters for one main, i myself am only good at ivysaur, ive seen some people play pt very well though. id say update the 3 pokemon that are currently from the blue/red version, to the silver/gold version or saphire/ruby or emerald, or pearl/diamond. or maybe they could just switch up the heavy/med/light. have bulbasaur, charmelleon (sp?) and blastoise.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
The characters were my favorite additions. Sonic, Wolf, Snake...actually, I don't think there is a new character that was put in that I hate.

D

Deleted member

My favourite addition in Brawl is Geno.

Yeah, I'm still butthurt about it. Sue me.

Shanky

Smash Cadet
Online.

Even if it's not as good as we wanted it *cough* Mario Kart *cough*, you still can't beat being able to play people across the country....awesomeness
I haven't seen a CPU in months

mzink*

Smash Ace
yea voice chat woulda been cool, maybe nintendos online play will evolve in time

nukethemall73

Smash Cadet
sonic, im rubbish with him, but its nice to know hes there... if not sonic, toon link, cos whenever you get a girl to play the game, if you be toon link or kirby, theres no way she could possibly dislike the game, their jsut too cute.. if not those, tripping, cos it makes me laugh everytime i hear someone whining about how its messed up the WHOLE game for them :D

mzink*

Smash Ace
tripping has affected me a bit but it doesnt really tick me off or anything, maybe theyll get a hit off it but not enough to actually alter the game or anything.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
1.) Diddy Kong
2.) Online (It's not perfect, but it's still a great feature. Have a lot of good battles when there isn't any lag)
3.) Smashville (My favorite Stage. Nice backgrouond, day changes, easier than final destination to get back onto ledge, and lastly alot of great battles.)

R i p

Smash Cadet
Aside from obvious ones like characters, stages, and online...

I'd have to say Music. Music in videogames mean a lot of me personally, maybe not as much as gameplay, but certainly more than graphics. Brawl's music is one of the most amazing feats in videogame history. Any game can add more characters and online playability, but no other game has performed such wild soundtrack from so many different sources.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
my fav addidtion was wifi. LMAO sike.

i love the music. thats all. crank up the music and have melee on the other tv

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Online.

Even if it's not as good as we wanted it *cough* Mario Kart *cough*, you still can't beat being able to play people across the country....awesomeness
I haven't seen a CPU in months
Seriously, it's the main reason why I got this game. I swear. I'm not a fan of tourneys personally.

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
Characters:
Sonic
Snake
Pokemon Trainer
Toon Link

^These things were my favorite additions

AlexX

Smash Ace
Back when we were all speculating, my greatest hopes were that Ike, Olimar, and Lucario would make it into Brawl. They did (though I totally suck with lucario).

250+ songs doesn't hurt, either... Especially when they're all pretty notable tunes and neat remixes.

Stage builder is also a lovely addition. A tad limited, but what's wrong with using a little imagination here and there?

Oh, and I loved SSE. I don't care what anyone else says, I personally think it's a huge step up from Melee's adventure mode.

Top Bottom