• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

beside Meteorsmashing how to kill

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No matter what character I use, Ryoko is able to consistently KO me with a true-combo ftilt to usmash. Sheik's tipper usmash is stronger than Zelda's. If you want to play Sheik to the highest level, you would do well to listen when he keeps bringing it up.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It's just so hard to do it though

Like I'm already counting how many times I hit with the usmash compare to how many it takes to refresh it but when I try to bring that into my play is about as possible as constantly dacus with Sheik because of all the counting you have to do in mid match.

Not to mention you have limit yourself in what you can and cannot pursuit

...Although since sheik ftilt comes out in four frames and has about as much range as a fsmash you really can replace all of Sheik moves it's just hard to pass up the guaranteed good amount of damage smash attack which could lead into a gimp to the hopeful weaken ftilt into full power usmash that you might land later in the match.

As time goes on I'll most likely break my habit of going for the guaranteed but I estimate it would take me like a year or two before I can fully master it if I'm even capable to do so.

Ryoko please be are Azen and win us some sheik respect by placing in tournaments. You are a god among men and are like a year ahead of sheik norm meta game without trying.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
...Although since sheik ftilt comes out in four frames and has about as much range as a fsmash you really can replace all of Sheik moves
This. I shall follow in that Japanese Shiek players footsteps and make my Shiek look like all it does is try and get the F Tilt lock.

And Ryoko is our God and our Azen, he will go to tournaments when the world is ready for him.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
..Or, not at all. 'Cause, you know, it's rather silly to enter a tournament for a game you don't enjoy.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i don't like thinking of Sheik as only having ftilt and usmash, just makes her sound one-dimensional & unfun and i wouldn't play her if thats all there was to it

that said it is an important part of Sheik which makes her more competitive

~Train Heartnet~

Smash Cadet
well i like to use all of the movie... no matter which is better...
Ftilt and Usmash are good and all but come on you cant just spam them two moves...

~Train Heartnet~

Smash Cadet
but if you Spam the moves then you’ll give the opponent you’re strategy… then when you go to do it a gun you cant coz you have done it to many times… or are my friends the only ones who lone after you use a combo…

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I sincerely hope that English isn't your first language.

If you do something suboptimal when the optimal option is there (ftilt after ftilt, or something else after ftilt?) then you're doing it wrong.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Everyone knows sheiks dair spikes. Using it off the stage will guarantee a kill. The opponent will laugh and have a heart attack.

EDIT: Good thing I'm Aug '08 and not Nov. xD

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The Sheik boards are becoming the most illiterate of all the character boards. I remember when we used to actually have decent discussions.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
When? Enlighten me. Must've been before my time. I've read some of the old posts and all the stickies and the stuff that looks important. I don't get to play enough to actually bring something up for discussion myself.

~Train Heartnet~

Smash Cadet
lol and English is my 3ed languish so give me a little brake if I get one or two words wrong… anyways Nov 8 is the way it is coz… umm lol I guess I don’t know… sorry if I may seen a noob but I just like talking about combo’s and stuff… I’m not really use to frames yet and all the other data typing… well not yet

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
No Train. It's never just one or two wrong words, it's the entire sentence structure. You're not sorry that you seem like a noob because if you were you would be adamantly taking more steps to resolve the communication barrier. If I sound like an *******, it's probably because right now I'm trying to be. With the internet you have many more tools at your fingertips to help you polish and perfect your english. Firefox for example has a spell checker, and will tell you when words are spelled incorrectly and even give suggestions on how to fix them. If you have to go a bit more extreme, type up your post and then run it through youtube's post reader or some other text to speak program to make sure it at least sounds correct. As long as we have no **** clue as to what you're trying to say we can't actively help advance sheik's metagame when you are in the discussion. And if that's the case then we're all just waisting our time...

In short, do more to correct your grammer, punctuation, and spellling... please?

P.S. It's not just you either. There are others. You know who you are.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Geeeez, that was pretty harsh. I guess he could make a bit more of an effort but I really think he's the last one you should be picking on when there are those who are fully fluent in English but still choose to post with unintelligibility and ignorance.

EDIT:
In short, do more to correct your grammer grammar, punctuation, and spellling spelling... please?
~.^

Tristan_win

Not dead.
No Train. It's never just one or two wrong words, it's the entire sentence structure. You're not sorry that you seem like a noob because if you were you would be adamantly taking more steps to resolve the communication barrier. If I sound like an *******, it's probably because right now I'm trying to be. With the internet you have many more tools at your fingertips to help you polish and perfect your english. Firefox for example has a spell checker, and will tell you when words are spelled incorrectly and even give suggestions on how to fix them. If you have to go a bit more extreme, type up your post and then run it through youtube's post reader or some other text to speak program to make sure it at least sounds correct. As long as we have no **** clue as to what you're trying to say we can't actively help advance sheik's metagame when you are in the discussion. And if that's the case then we're all just waisting our time...

In short, do more to correct your grammer, punctuation, and spellling... please?

P.S. It's not just you either. There are others. You know who you are.
aww, I'm one of those people U_U

By the way you misspelled "wasting" and "spelling" ~hugs Firefox for point **** out to him~

demodemo

Smash Ace
well i don't think we should go grammar nazi on all of them, so just telling them to try to make their posts as legible as possible is good enough

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
A fair offstage can kill at like 120%, or you could gimp some characters as low as 30%... Or, just ftilt your opponent until their head explodes. ^^b

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
that only really works on really gimpable characters like diddy kong and you can only pull that off if you get lucky... getting them offstage at 30% is rare enough lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As far as I know, they don't and it's just a rumor spread around as part of a john for losing to a CPU.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
... Gimpyfish does other stuff after ftilt.
>__>
<__<
*runs away*
Gimpyfish is Gimpyfish is Gimpyfish is Gimpyfish is Gimpyfish is Gimpyfish.

You're not Gimpyfish! :D
As far as I know, they don't and it's just a rumor spread around as part of a john for losing to a CPU.

Apparently, they do have a very basic learning curve, but they do learn to an extent, or so I've heard.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
okay so its all a rumor for people to have a reson to lost.... that sad that people would come p with somethink like that... but thanx Ankoku for clering that up for me

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I have now lost all faith in the Sheik boards.

I'm sorry, but every time a thread that talks about Sheik's kill techniques since she doesn't have meteor smash is rather pointless. Isn't it in the stickies and ankoku/marsulas/tristan's threads?

I might as well go from this board now, but I just can't leave Sheik alone...

Here's a word of advice though. Install Firefox. It has spell check, Train.

How did this board fall this far?

edit: and forgot to mention the constant spamming in here. >_< "LOL DO CPU'S LEARN?"

Top Bottom