• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Bermudian Smashers] - New Vids of Miggz's Marth XD

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Hey everyone...I come with 4 more vids of my Marth that I should have posted last week. Blame it on the college work. Each match has got some cool music, so I hope you like them. At the moment I am just working on some vids of my Fox so dunno when I will post more vids of my main, Marth. I am 100% sure it'll be just before Brawl comes out. I hope you enjoy these. I even managed to record with a Samus player from Bermuda. Trigga, the Samus player is still working on his habits so I am sure he'll be even better the next time you see him. =)

ROK [Captain Falcon] vs Miggz[Marth] - FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKdkvHzZYCs

Miggz [Marth] ROK [Sheik] - FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdwk-ttr-ao

Miggz [Marth] V.S. Trigga [Samus] - FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7H0lPzgVE0

Miggz [Marth] V.S. Trigga [Samus] - FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA8DhdjGh4g

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
I can't give much critique, but I can tell you've really improved. The real reason for this post, however, is to say the FFX music in the movie against Falcon was great :grin: .

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
That boss music from the first fight with Samus is called "The Legendary Beast". It's from FF8 not FF7. I don't know if that was your way of saying that music was from FF7 or not though.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Oh I no I wasn't referring to that song. I was thinking the FF boss music from 7 called "Still More Fighting." XD

Although FF8 did have hot tune. Good to see other FF fans here. =)

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I liked the music. FF8 was my first and favorite RPG.

Oh, and I like your marth. Keep improving. Did you want advice for these vids?
Yeah FF8 was epic. Seifer was my favorite, poor guy.

Oh right, Marth thread. lol. Umm. I wouldn't mind advice. Emblem Lord gave me the coolest advice X8 a few weeks back, and I am working very hard to apply it , so far so good. If you, or other cool smashers have advice for me I would love to hear it. =)

P.S. Do ya have MSN? I like getting to know smashers I have things in common with. ^^;

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Um Miggz hate to sound condescending, which i'm not trying to but you have a lot to work on, you have basics down but a lot of it is with you're spacing game.

Like in the first fight when you're fighting the Falcon, what are you doing shffling nairs at him after you kill him, especially when you're spamming right at the hilt of your sword, get to the edge and wait for that stuff to wear off.

He would hit you with Full Jumped D-airs way to much, you should be u-tilting everytime captain falcon leaves his feet, that plays havoc with his shffl game. Messing up captain falcons pace is usually a sure fire way to get a grab in and combo effectively. You're not looking to out aggro a captain falcon who is just running around the stage spamming nair grab, Just keep him away with retreating fairs and the U-tilt for the full jump.

With the way that falcon played, by playing conservatively enough you could have destroyed him.

I didn't see many u-tilts in most of the videos now that i think about it..

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ummm I could critique this, but I won't because everything I said before about your last vids still apply.

Just work on what I said.

Edit: Out aggroing aggro characters is too much fun.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Yoo KevinM. I truely do appreciate the tips. And yeah I feel like slapping myself when when I attempted a nair at the spawning period. I don't know how to explain that one. lol. =P

Yeah I just noticed that I wasn't up tilting all that much against Falcon. Only used it as a follow up within a fair combo. So yes, I shall use it for a defensive tool in the future. At least I used it a bit in my fight with RoK's Sheik. I'll be sure to do a somewhat simalar thing with Falcon. XD

Thanks for taking the to watch and give postive feedback. I really appreciate it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Emblem Lord: "Edit: Out aggroing aggro characters is too much fun."

And also most of the time a stupid waste of energy ;) hah

metroid1117

Smash Master
Wow. Never see many people who can resist the awesomeness of FF music. You...you can't be human. =P
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Anyway, regarding to your Marth - I agree with all the criticism presented, and just as a note, you should try gimping Falcon as much as possible. With his predictable recovery, it's very easy to just short-hop when he gets near the edge then fastfall and come down with a DAir to pierce through the stage, preventing him from edgeteching. Mew2King completely destroys Darkrain in a crew battle this way... it would've been a clean JV 4-stock.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Oh hey. Yeah I think I have seen you on youtube. About 9 months ago I remember sending your friend Marth 1990 a private message on youtube about how to wavedash. lol. Man time sure flies pretty fast, it'll be a year soon since I sent that. =)

But yeah I do remember seeing that spike trick. I'm sure it couldn't hurt to give it a shot. I'll do my best to remember blending it into my game. lol.

flaco

The Terminator
nice job miggz 10 up I like the first captain falcon movie but it hurted my eyes man couldnt see well bro sorry

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
reading this thread. i forgot to say hurrah for FF music.

I can't believe there is someone who actually doesn't like it. I'm just as surprised as you. 0_0

Top Bottom