• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Berkeley Brawl Release Day Tournament - 3/9/08

Miharu

Smash Hero
I'll have the matches up sometime between now and next weekend.

Good tourney, thanks to whoever ran this.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Updated the original post for our upcoming event on March 9th. I've been putting off updating and just put barebones information. If anyone has any questions, ask them and I'll update my post accordingly. Hope to see you all on March 9th!

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. I'm basically there every weekend anyway - not at the campus - but around Telegraph or Shattuck. I actually reserved mine at the Telegraph Gamestop, are you guys going to the midnight release? Nevertheless, this should be interesting. ****, I'm not going to sleep next weekend, lol.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Yeah, we'll be at the Telegraph Gamestop midnight release. We might stay up all night trying to unlock everything before the tournament.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Haha, sweet. I might not compete because of the Wiimote+Nunchuk only rule, but I'll definitely be there as a spectator.. and to pick up my game ofcourse. Hope you guys win at least round one, lol.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
Dont listen to zhu, he is just butt hurt he cant pillar anymore. I will definately be showing up to this. I am curious, what are going to be the stage rules? You might want to just use the Reno tournament ones, even if I dont completely agree with them. Also what time does this start?

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
12 PM! We'll try to start the free doubles tournament at 1 but will likely run late just because no tournament in history has ever started on time.

Zoap

Smash Master
free is bad make it for money and me and snap may actually try. Otherwise its gonna be full of us sandbagging and winning regardless :)

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I think the gamestop tournament starts at like 10 PM or so. I'll probably be there at 9:30. I'm not in that tourney but some of my friends are.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Ah I see. Yeah I just got a call from Gamestop saying it starts at 10 so maybe 9-ish would be a good idea. Oh man, my mouth's gonna be watering for 2 hours watching people play. 26 more hours. It would be interesting to see who's going to win though. I'm sure the more experienced players are sitting this one out.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Oh alright. I'm looking forward to their matches then. Good luck to them - may they get as many kills as they can without getting themselves killed in under a minute, haha.

Radikal

Smash Rookie
@ Zoap: Doubles will be free so people can warm up for singles. We might do money doubles next time, although it really depends on interest..

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Weird, I went to the Telegraph Gamestop today and they only had 30 spots for the tourney. I thought it'd be more. Anyway, a few more hours. I'm too excited, need to calm down.

Hydro Kirby

Smash Rookie
King Gerudo defeated me and won the el cerrito tournament with his N64 style Pikachu ^_^.

Zoap

Smash Master
1st Lucien
2nd SideFx
3rd Zoap
4th Hostility
5th Dread101
5th MattDeezie
7th Scamp
7th Radikal Dreamer

sidefx

Smash Champion
lucien is good but he didnt own, every match was last stock last hit =(( but really good **** lucien, i want to play you again. im too used to playing germans wolf, they are very very different.

edit: when are vids going to be posted up, just curious

Top Bottom