• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Belly of the BEAST!!

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
i know when you look at DK you see a sexy, slim, muscular beast but what you may not notice is his belly.

"His belly?"

you may ask wondering what belly i could be talking about since DK has a firm six pack but you will find out soon enough.

....Exhibit A

DK is on his back sucking in his belly for the ladies, yet the hitboxes suggest that DK is a fat as5. this may help shed some light on those "how did that hit me" moments. almost all foward smashes can hit you if your on your back aswell as a high sh laser from falco.

....Exhibit B

ahhh, DKs best air...huh, WTF.....aw DANG THEY F'ED UP THIS ON TOO. even though this move is quick it still leaves DK more exposed than youd think. his belly turns into bit.ch **** and it isnt helpful. this hitbox really makes me wanna kill the DK designers at HAL (i have their addresses and know where their kids go to school...all i gotta do is wait).

....Exhibit C

though this one may not be as bad as the others you realize how little distance you actually got from your opponent. in essence one jab from what may seem like a good distance is more than enough to foil and good attack. HAL..... I'LL EAT YOUR CHILDREN!!!

well i gotta go take care of some business *puts on ski mask* at a company... see you guys later ****** shotgun*.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
look at that! never noticed it. DK has some crappy hit boxes too, unless you look at the punch or the spin.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
ive known this for a long time now, i even posted a thread on melee discussion on it a while back. i figured alot of DK players may not know about some of this so i posted it in here with some pics.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
dang jiggs

i was playing my friends jiggs a few days ago with DK of course and we found out that jiggs can rest DKs belly. i know you may be thinking "duh" but if you havent noticed DKs belly is not even a part of his character and if jiggs just stands close in front of a standing DK it may look like there is a little bit of space between them but she could rest him.

a dirty trick you guys should look out for.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I was messing around with AR and found this, but it looks like Tipman found it first

BUMP OF WTF

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Can someone upload pics like that of the giant punch and his up b? I'm assuming that these pics are of where dk is vulnerable, can someone show the hitboxes of these attacks?

Top Bottom