• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Belgian Smash Tourney*Smash Dreamland*25/26/27 July (CHECK 1ST POST 4 IMPORTANT INFO)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, sorry 'bout the Ganondorf mistake, dunno where I got it from... I'll change it.

DarkRenji, too bad, maybe I'll see you some other time!

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Aww, too bad Lawrencelot :)
Well! Next time should be a Brawl (probably Brawl+Melee) tournament, so, hope to see you then!

Also, expect a time schedule (which part of the tournament will be when) to be up on the website tomorrow!

And... could someone give me a hint on how to get the French interested? :p LOL XD thanks! :p

Biscuit-Sama

Smash Journeyman
Me and McCloud are looking for some dutchies which are going here by car and have some room left for 2 smash newbies ^^;(Yes, that's us)
Because we don't have the slightest idea of what train we'd have to use to get there. ><

Thanks in advance? xD

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
And... could someone give me a hint on how to get the French interested? :p LOL XD thanks! :p
Just don't. They're a bunch of n00bs.

Anyway, I'm interested also. Great date, awesome venue and not too far away. I just noticed that Dave and Linkje are also on the list, so maybe I could travel with them again. I'm not too sure if I will come if I have to use public transportation though ;)

I main Peach btw.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Utto, you're added!
(en misschien heb je wel gelijk over de fransen :p ach ja)

A time schedule of which part of the tournament will be when should be online later this evening! Look forward to it!

Eh, about public transport... Perhaps I should go a bit more in detail on the site? XD Just about every way leads you to Antwerpen Centraal Station though and from there on just follow the instructions on the site! But yeah, car is good too :p

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Me and McCloud are looking for some dutchies which are going here by car and have some room left for 2 smash newbies ^^;(Yes, that's us)
Because we don't have the slightest idea of what train we'd have to use to get there. ><

Thanks in advance? xD
I might ;)

Linkje

Smash Lord
why is it important to know what characters we play, maybe I decide to play the **** fox.

anyway is there a little brawl tournament? I think I'm good enough.
who'm of you is the guy we brawled with at ESA 2 I'm the fat kid XD

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Eh, if anyone can bring a Brawl copy and a modded Wii then a Brawl mini-tournament could perhaps take place yes :p But it will not be a big event at all. (Send your hatred to Nintendo, not me XD)

Well, the whole 'main' thing is purely just for fun. I see your point and in fact, it's not necessary at all, some people like it, some don't. If it "really" disturbs the majority "that" much, I'll remove it.

Also as for the time schedule, I have it ready, but the PC I use to update the site is being a major son of a female dog...
And I still might make slight adjustments... So, sorry for the delay, but tomorrow it should be up for real.

And shyne, yeah, good idea for categorizing people by country... Will do that.

As for the registration form on the official site and paying online and such, I'm working on it and I plan to have it up either this or next (probably next) week. I'll be discussing the entry fee later this week with the other organizers as well.
We will do our best to make it as cheap as humanly possible, however, keep in mind that this is a venue with private showers and 72 actual beds which you can use for two whole nights. It truly is a comfortable venue but it was very difficult for us to get approval to use it.
Point being: We'll see what we can do to lower the price as much as possible but don't expect all that comfort to come at a bargain price.

EDIT: And yes, there will also be money prizes for the Top 3 players of the tournament! Will update more info on that ASAP.

EDIT2: @Linkje, I was the Belgian dude with the long hair/pony tail. :p

Linkje

Smash Lord
SCHEP DE ZEE LEEG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK if there wouldn't be cash prizes that would be weird XD.
comfort is ok that's what peoplpe pay for :O

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i could bring a brawl set-up, dunno which brawl version though :D will prolly be the *** version ^^
dont know wether i can get the American version

Shino

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested.

Name: Shino
Mains: Peach and Bowser

Kirby Squad

Smash Lord
I never even noticed that there isn't any prize money stated in the first post.... I guess I never would've thought that there are tournaments with no prize money... Every tourney needs prize money. It helps the competitive aspect of a tournament :).

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
haha so you're the guy "schop die kut buitenlander er dan uit." "eh.. hij verstaat je gewoon hoor.."
that was gold!! xD

so this is back to melee, huh?
I'm really looking forward to brawl tournaments. i might even have a chance to end uo high and get some cash, i think ^^
in melee... i know where i stand :p

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Wow, delays, I know...
A lot of unexpected work and familial issues (yes, these are my general johns, sue me :p) these days...

The time schedule isn't up on the site yet, I know, but! I can announce it!

Lowtier tournament:
Friday evening starting somewhere between 19:00(7pm) and 20:00(8pm) for those who wish to participate. (Should only take about three hours at most since it's single elimination and probably not everyone will be participating)

Singles tournament:
Saturday starting between 9 and 10 (morning of course) till whenever it's finished.

Regional crew battles:
Saturday after singles. (In case more crews are formed than expected some of it can take place on Friday evening already)

Doubles tournament:
Sunday starting between 8 and 9 and until whenever it's finished.

Have to go now (yes, I know... sorry for all the delays and messy-ness) but will update the new registrations later on and try to get the form (or at LEAST the online payment) up this weekend or next week.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Hey Banana Dragon it depends on the entry fee and location (is it near Antwerpen?)
Anyways, I'm interested, and a friend of mine probably wants to come too, so you can put 2 people on the interest-list :)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well Shyne, perhaps you're right, maybe Lowtier could be double elimination... We'll give it a thought definitely!

As for updating the site, I hope I can finally get around to doing some of that this weekend O.o (been way too busy)

I'll add everyone interested to the list now of course!

thorismud

Smash Rookie
entry fee

we finaly agreed on an entry fee
it will be €40 including real beds ( we ll spend 2 nights over there) and showers for those who want to use them.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well Helios, we'll give it a thought to pay out the top 5, but it'll depend on if we reach the 72 players or not (I have faith though!)

But yep, entry fee is now confirmed to be €40.
This let's you stay from Friday till Sunday, participate in lowtier, singles, doubles and crews, sleep in an actual bed for two nights, and use of the showers whenever you want!

I've by the way also updated the site and the first post a bit. It now contains info on the entry fee and I've made the lowtier tournament double elimination as well.

By the way, Helios, can I take it you're interested in attending? ;)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
no prize money? where'd you get that from?
There WILL be prize money for at least the top 3, no matter what! That's a given really.

Paying out the top 5 though... 'that' is something we'll give a thought but won't promise yet.

The top 3 Get's prize money no matter what and nothing will change that :p

(Maybe I should make that more clear somewhere :p)

EDIT: there, info on the prize money is on www.smashdreamland.eu now!

Also, the registration form is looking to be up soon!

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Quick question!
Anyone who's coming by car who could bring a TV and/or wii/gamecube?

If yes, PM me or contact us through the website.

Also, if anyone can convince Nihonjin or Aldwyn or some other great players to show up, feel free to! *wide grin* :p

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE!:

You can register on the official website as of now!
The registration form works perfectly. There may be some layout changes later on, but it is ready to use!

I will also upload a login page (which you can use to access a personal profile where you can edit your information) and a page listing the names and nationality of all those who have registered.

Online payment should be available next week!

Because the 'list' page is currently not up yet, I will notify you personally to confirm you have succesfully registered.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
I'm definitely interested in this tournament. The only other tournament with beds I went to was RtB2, plus this one is in the middle of summer. The only thing I need now is a ryanair airport nearby ^^

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll try and attend, depending on work and stuff.
Also, trying to figure out a suitable date for RoS5, don't want things to coincide with this :)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Aldwyn and Helios, truly amazingly awesome that you guys are interested! You're added to the pre-reg list. (And of course, feel free to register on the official site any time!)

Also, I should normally finally be able to put up the time schedule on the website as well as a page which lists everyone who registers through the official site.

And don't hesitate to bring along some other smashers! The more, the merrier!

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Yes, to make the registrations 'official'.
And also, the status of which players have paid in advance (should be possible starting next week) will be displayed as well.

And, besides SWF there are other forums where there is a link to the official site as well, in other words, the site allows us to keep track of everyone who is definitely planning on showing up.

Thanks for the question though and I hope I helped out!

Top Bottom