• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Belgian Smash Tourney*Smash Dreamland*25/26/27 July (CHECK 1ST POST 4 IMPORTANT INFO)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, first Brawl tourney definately.
But we might just hold a last Melee tourney as well :-) I personally think it'd be awesome to do both, I'll discuss it with the others.

For the Melee tourney we'd use the already established rules of course with pretty much the same rules as anywhere else.

Interested?

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Bornfidelity.com, you're added! :)

Well, Helios, items...
Perhaps they indeed shouldn't be ruled out 'just' yet...
Considering there won't be a tier list established yet (and if it will, it'll be changed around quite a few times I think) we might just do a: singles tournament/doubles tournament/items tournament instead of the traditional singles/doubles/low-tier.

I'll update the first post once I've discussed this with the other organizer and it's more set in stone :)

BTW, as for housing and such, we're still working on it... But normally that should present no problem.
I will update a route description as soon as possible as well.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Lawrencelot! Thanks for showing interest, you're added!

UPDATE:
As for housing... we'll actually probably set up a huge tent somewhere (it'll be mid-summer anyway) near the venue, and perhaps the venue itself will hold some places for those who really need their sleep :)
We're also trying to get some sponsoring (it's easy to get sponsoring in Belgium for just about anything), so we can keep the entry fee cheap enough for everyone to afford coming.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
if sponsoring is so easy why don't you organise the biggest European tournament ever? you only need to arrange the venue and tvs, me and some selected Dutch tournament hosters will take care of the rest if you want ^^

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, bf.com... I like that idea very much! So does the other organizer.
However, then it's of course a matter of finding a venue that can hold that many people and enough TV's.
And housing and all that... (well, I guess a REALLY huge tent takes care of that :p)

But sure! Considering we have time until midsummer, I'll 'definately' see how big we can make this!

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Actually, it's definitely. :p

but yea sure, a larger tournament attracts more people, esp if its in the summer holiday loads of foreign people would be able to come. however, you should first host a (much) smaller tournament before to get some experience, meet some foreign smashers already (such as the dutch ones) etc.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
The smaller tournament may not be such a bad idea and I'll think about it... Maybe somewhere in March/April/May... Probably at my place then and probably limited to like, 10 or 15 players or so...

However, while it may be the first Smash Tournament we're organizing, it's not the first time we organize an event of some sorts... I wouldn't worry too much about our organizing skills :p

But! Thanks for the suggestion though. A smaller tournament would probably help me seeing as compared to most tourney players I probably royally suck at Smash XD. Haven't been able to participate in a lot of tournaments yet, only two so far (didn't end up last though :p)

Infinite Krullen

Smash Journeyman
July/August w00t, Add me.
Infinite Krullen, Holland/ comes every 3 weeks in Antwerp(city),
melee mains: Samus, G-dorf, Low tier Mewtwo
Brawl mains: Dont know :S but anyways M2, G-dorf, and many other not confirmed characters.

Also if anyone lives near Antwerp(city), pm me so we can smash sometimes.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Yay, great. I bet this one of the first Belgian tournaments. :O Anyway, I think I will be joining this, as I'm getting Brawl and I hope to get good at it.

Name: Jarri
Main(s):
- Melee: Sheik, Marth
- Brawl (?): Sheik, Sonic, Zamus, Ike

If it's June, I'll be studying. I'll be working in July, but could get some days off I guess. I may be on Holiday in August, but August is the best month for me I guess... I live in Kappelen, btw, pretty close to Turnhout.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Update:
5 More interested players! Nice!

We have found a venue willing to host the tournament!
We also have been able to get a store willing to (although probably slightly) to sponsor the tournament, but we'll keep searching for more sponsors!

@Jarri: België? Ik wist niet dat er nog Belgische smashers buiten mijn vriendenkring waren :p Kapellen, dicht bij Turnhout zeg je? Naast welke andere gemeenten ligt die gemeente Kapellen dan? Want er zijn er redelijk wat in België (Gewoon uit nieuwsgierigheid)

Klink

Smash Journeyman
Belgium,Antwerp,Sint-Lenaarts(Brecht that is)
Yes, finally a tournament in my neighbourhood.
I'll be there.
name: Kevin
mains: Link/ Luigi?

EDIT: if you need tv's, I certainly can bring one, and maybe 2 if my father wants to bring me.
I can also bring a wii and probably a copy of ssbb

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Added Klink.

Btw, Rijkevorsel? Dude! You don't live that far away from me and Thorismud either! We should meet up and play smash together sometime!

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i wanna come, definately (^^) if this is gonna be big :D

go madnexx ^^
and yeah, i think a tourney before this one would be a good idea :D DO IT! ^^

P!z@

Smash Rookie
ii'm in . .
but when peach stills be so slow or somethin i hda to search a new main . . . ( everybody had)
erm i need money to come there but Ill do my best xD

maybe ill stay out from the smash scene for a year . . . ( not sure )

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I'm interested, especially if Yomi is coming. If I come, I'll definitely bring my copy of Melee as well. No harm in keeping fit at melee, mirite?

EDIT: I just checked, and I live only 1 1/2 hours away from Turnhout, so that raises my chances:

Witchking of Angmar/Germany/Marth, Shiek (Melee)
Shiek, whoever I like (Brawl)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, I myself don't live in Turnhout. To my place from antwerp it's probably between 2 and 3 hours, depending on the day and whether you make it to the busses in time.

To Shipe and Thorismud's place it's probably a little less than two hours (they don't live in Turnhout either, Turnhout is just in the middle for us, hence why we organize the tournament there).

So if you could, that'd be great! But I understand if travelling that long takes just too much time.

To Turnhout itself it's about between an hour and 90 minutes.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Shipe and Thorismud live closest to Antwerp but you have to go through Turnhout either way because there is no direct connection from Antwerp to either of us.

Mawu

Smash Cadet
im interested.
only if i like brawl ofc, but i think it will be great =D
who knows how long it will take to discover new pro tactics, since wavedash and such arent included anymore ;)

btw.

Germany, atm. i play fox

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
who are all these german smashers popping up? xD
do you know the german boards? if not check the german thread in regional zones ^^
god**** xD

(sry for intruding madnexx :D ) (i mean biscuit and mawu... do u just use diffrent names here on swf?)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
People shouldn't look at the Dutch power rankings anymore, it's outdated. And there might not be made a new one because results seem to get weirder every tourney.
Biscuit is way better than just 20th.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Jeffz0r, if it really bothers you that much I can perfectly edit it out of my previous post.
Are you interested in the tournament though? If so, I'll gladly add you to the list.

And Klink, sure! Like I said, an SSBM tourney is likely as well, so if you can help out by bringing a copy, I won't hold you back! ;)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
lol, didnt you tell me over msn that biscuit was german? xD
(i mean i know biscuit (lol... shyne... wtf?) but i didnt know whta his swf acc. was :D)

madnexx speaks english pretty fluently, afaik ^^
at least he did when i met him ^^

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Added Jeffz0r!
(@Jeffz0r: Yeah, sorry, I'm just used to people on SWF being easily bothered :p then again, I may be visiting the Brawl boards too much XD)

20 people already! Yay! But I'm expecting more, come on Europe! :p

The available venue right now can host plenty of people, and should there somehow be a huge interest, then that means we can afford a bigger venue, so no need to hestitate!

The connection between Antwerp City (where foreigners will arrive in most cases I think) and Turnhout is a pretty good one, so you shouldn't be afraid to get lost in Belgium either, hehe.

And yeah, I like to think my English is pretty good, actually most Belgian people's English is pretty good.
Interested, Lynkx?

Mawu

Smash Cadet
@yumi > rapidforum name : Wuschel. you know me now or?xD

btw. i think im switching to ice climbers, since fox is overused =D

Aeth

Smash Cadet
I'm interested too add me please, I'm from the netherlands and add Var Parasite too please I think he's interested too

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
I think my post was deleted, or whatever.

I live in Kapellen, which is near Putten and only 15 minutes away from Antwerp City. :) PM me if you want to have my MSN.

Top Bottom