• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Belgian Smash Tourney*Smash Dreamland*25/26/27 July (CHECK 1ST POST 4 IMPORTANT INFO)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah! Persuade some more Germans! :p
I'm also gonna try to persuade some people when I'm at Epita as well, I'm hoping to get enough interest there.
22 People so far, not bad, but more is always better!

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
I'm from Berlin Germany and from Berlin to Dutch it's a very long journey =D
So i don't know .. but if, my main probably will be DDD Olimar or Bowser !

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
lol... From Berlin to Dutch... XD
First of all our country is called the Netherlands. Second, this tourney is in Belgium...

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i might get my wii-modded tomorow, so i´m looking forward to having a lot of training until this tourney
*harhar* ^^
Madnexx... up for a low-budget MM? ^^

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Sure!
How about, my Kirby VS your Sheik?
€10, best of 3?

We'll discuss the stages sometime of course :p

BTW, to everyone else:
I will be updating the rules once again soon.
I'll limit the number of random select stages a bit since on second though I think I've gone a bit overboard with them, but I'm trying to keep the number of counterpicks as large as possible. (Trying to balance out fairness and diversity here)

I'll also update the Melee tournament rules along with them, but they probably won't be anything really new XD

And come on people! Dun be afraid, there's plenty of room in the venue, we can always afford a bigger one, and a cash prize is guaranteed!
Belgium is not afraid of you, Dutchies! I challenge the Netherlands to a crew battle! :p

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
BIG UPDATE!
We have found a bigger and much much more comfortable venue with a capacity of up to 72 players! And we will have a set date this Thursday as well.
(If Brawl is not out by then it will be a Melee tournament, else a Brawl+Melee tournament)

The first post will be updated with a lot more (as well as more detailed) information on Thursday! Including the date, venue address, venue information, rules, registration/payment details, etc.

I will also be making a site (which will be up ASAP) for the tournament where you can register and find info.

Look forward to it!

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
There! Your info has been updated!
And don't worry, there WILL be a Melee tournament no matter what.

It's just that a Brawl tournament will be there as well in case it is released already by then :).

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Changed it!
However, since Brawl probably won't be out till autumn (seems pretty much confirmed) I guess you won't be using Meta Knight (considering he's, well, not in Melee :p)

I'll leave it for now though, I'll change all the info on people's mains later on (probably on Thursday, Friday or this weekend) for everyone.

thorismud

Smash Rookie
sven can you be in turnhout at 10.00 on thursday
let's find som more sponsors

den bart smit zou dees maand terug geld kunne geve en anders kunne we mss iet regele vo de pot van maart da begint toch binne n paar dage. laat iet wete

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
DarkRenji, you're added! ^-^

Thorismud, why the heck did you post the link already? There's nothing there yet :p
The date is 25th, 26th and 27th of July by the way!

But that and more info will all be updated in the first post tomorrow.
The site will be up tomorrow (and I'll post here as soon as that's done) but it won't be complete yet. Registrations (even with the ability to pay online) should be able to start next month.

BTW, I had a birthday :p felt like posting that here.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Due to some family issues I did not have the time to update the thread today (Thursday) but the update WILL be on tomorrow.

I did get to work on the website though: www.smashdreamland.eu

The contact form doesn't work as of now and registration won't be possible for a week or two still (I just started to learn PHP since a few days ago and HTML since a few weeks ago) but all the necessary information is online already. From venue info to rules and more (the route section will become more detailed though)

The date is 25th, 26th and 27th July, it is confirmed!

Look forward to the update tomorrow! And terribly sorry for the delay.

I'm off to bed now, cya'll!

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
The major update has come to pass!
Be sure to take a look at the first post and at the official website!
The official website is far from finished (since I'm a PHP/HTML/FTP n00b :p) but everything important should be done sometime during March.

@Shadow: Yeah, saw you at Epita as well, don't think we talked though. Anyway, you're added!

@Infinite Krullen: It was the first time I used Photoshop EVER XD width=800px, heighth=160pf, do something pretty! :p Thorismud is also planning on making one, so, I'll just have to decide which is the better one!

Also, everyone, this WILL be a Melee tournament after all. So PM me with all your Melee mains and I'll edit ASAP!

Now... How to heighten the French, English and Scandinavian interest... :p

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
you should mark the Showers Red ^^ woah awesome :D
also are there enough beds for all attendants ensured? i mean 72 beds would take a ****ing lot of space xDxD
oh yeah... my melee main is sheik..

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Infinite Krullen, don't worry about it, I have plenty of time ^-^

Yomi, yes enough beds for all attendants ARE ensured. There are 72 beds in the venue!
And yup, showers, seen it all with my own eyes :p

So, the entry fee probaly won't be exactly "cheap" (of course, not more than in France, that'd be ridiculous XD :p) unless we find enough sponsors, but the comfort will be really good.
For those who 'have' no other option than to stay from Sunday to Monday as well, they'll need sleeping bags (unless they're like me and comfortable with the floor :p) but we'll all see how that turns out later :)

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
lol @ "Milkie/Germany/Ganondorf" xD
wtf ?!
when did I say(<-Isai !! XD) something like that ?!
if this will be a melee tournament:

milkman|Germany|Peach, Fox, Sheik

Top Bottom