• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Behind the Mask; Alternate Costumes and Character Swaps

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Alternate Costumes and Alternate Character Swaps

Galacta Knight

Unmasked

Dark Meta Knight

Concept Art Meta Knight

Last edited:

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Dark meta knight possibly, we all know how much sakurai loves dark versions

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I could see Maskless and Galacta Knight, not sure about anything else.

Exate

Smash Journeyman
Other than what's been posted already, perhaps his samurai get-up from KSS's Samurai Kirby mini-game? Probably too much of a long-shot, though.

Dark and maskless are probably our best bets, and I'll be surprised if we don't get at least one of them.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm guessing Galacta Knight and/or Dark Metaknight.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dark Meta Knight absolutely needs to happen, don't want that poor man's version of it that we had in Brawl.

As I've stated a couple of times Galacta Knight uses a lance and a shield, meaning he can't actually cut and the shield would just be decoration. If anything past a regular trophy for Galacta Knight he'll be a semi-clone, can't imagine him being a costume because of his different ways of attacking.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
High hopes for Beta Meta Knight. Since, you know, it is his beta design.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm rooting for Dark Metaknight that looks like the artwork for Amazing Mirror since there were slight visual differences between the two. Bonus point if we also get Concept Art Metaknight.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I definitely want Maskless. For some reason, I kind of take him more seriously without his mask.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'd say Galacta, Dark Meta Knight, or Beta Knight.

Maskless seems a little out there seeing how it's a trend to not actually show his face except in a couple of moments.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Concept Art Metaknight is still a thing.

Of course, Sakurai could always give us something new. Like Dr. Metaknight.

Exate

Smash Journeyman
Maskless seems a little out there seeing how it's a trend to not actually show his face except in a couple of moments.
If we don't get it as an alt, I hope his mask breaks off during a screen KO at the very least; it'd be a nice touch in reference to his defeat in the Kirby games.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I'd say Galacta, Dark Meta Knight, or Beta Knight.

Kinda like how Samus is supposed to be?

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I think Dark Meta would be better off as one palette swap, but Maskless as the alt. As much as I love Galacta Knight, I think he's a bit unlikely due to being an entirely different character. Who knows, they may want to bring Galacta out as DLC in the future, assuming he's not already a planned newcomer

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would always play as maskless meta knight.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I don't see Maskless Meta Knight because it takes away a big part of Meta Knight (mystery).

As someone stated, Galacta Knight fights completely differently from Meta Knight to the point where he uses a lance and a shield. It would not go well on Meta Knight.

Dark Meta Knight and Beta Knight are both good options, but I feel as if Beta Knight is forgotten by the higher ups so Dark Meta Knight is our best bet.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Added that to the OP;
seems like it may be a given costume, as it has the corocoro seal! No one has commented on this!?
I think it looks best, personally. Most androgynous (not really, but masculine/feminine elements)

As someone stated, Galacta Knight fights completely differently from Meta Knight to the point where he uses a lance and a shield. It would not go well on Meta Knight.
All videos I have seen indicate that he still fights pretty similarly, so I, personally, do not see it as a stretch in the slightest.

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
As a huge advocate against costumes of other characters ( ex. daisy on peach) I have to agree that Maskless would be a great costume.

As others have said as well, why would Galacta be a costume if Lucina isn't? If Lucina can warrant at least clone status, surely Galacta would too.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
All videos I have seen indicate that he still fights pretty similarly, so I, personally, do not see it as a stretch in the slightest.
Eh, I would like it but he would honestly just be better as a clone character similarly to Lucina except with a few differences. But I can see where you (and a few others) are coming from.

For me, I really still want Dark Meta Knight and maybe Beta Meta Knight.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Dark Meta Knight is the most likely, since Sakurai loves doing Dark versions of characters (Dark Link, Dark Pit, and even Dark Toon Link). But he may just be a "semi-alt," where it only changes the texture, but it's different from a basic color swap (ex. Golf/Murican' Mario, Skyloft Link), since the only difference is the crack in the mask, which Sakurai could easily get away with ignoring. But he might go the extra mile and model the crack, who knows.

I'd also love Unmasked Meta Knight. That is also a likely choice, as Sakurai has shown that he likes to do characters in other outfits they are known for (Light Suit Samus, Pink Hoodie Mac).

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Dark Meta Knight alternate costume and colors would be pretty cool, as for Galacta Knight though, he still has the possibility of being either a new character addition with unique moves, or an extra clone character like Lucina was for Marth with a few differences dealing with the lance, sheild, and not having a cape.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
dark metaknight can work as a color swap akin to skyward sword link (different patterns on the textures and whit transparencies they could even do the ragged cape withouth atering the model on the slightest)

My favorite is concept art metaknight, the project M team did an amazing job with that alt costume!

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
As much as I'd like to see it, I'm not sure about getting Galacta Knight.

"<Insert shameless advertising>"

I would think the concept art Meta Knight and Galacta Knight would make for the best costumes since they add so much diversity.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Dark Meta Knight would be the best and most probable choice. Give him tattered wings/cape, blac k slit upon right mask visor, dark particle effects on attacks, and maybe dented shoulderpads, gauntlets, and pauldrons.

Maskless (some call him Meta Berry) would be awkward for a mysterious character. Which makes me want it even more! Besides, the mystery about his face has been given away in like, every single one of his boss fights! Give us a few recolors and we're good to go.

Galacta Knight would make no sense considering he's a completely different character than Meta Knight.

Concept Art Meta Knight/Beta Knight would be cool like in Project M. but the higher-ups likely forgot about it and would see it being too obscure (wish Beta Knight would just become his own character.)

@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon , you may add the to the OP. What do I want to see? Along with Shogun Dedede on King Dedede, I want Samurai Meta Knight with recolors. Pair this with either Maskless with recolors or Dark Meta Knight.

Yes, and Galaxia swapout for the katana would be badass too. As for the cape, you could have a really nifty texture on the back. Also, you could just cut out all wing animations and models out of his default model and paste them onto Samurai Meta Knight, considering they were never used in conjuction with this costume.

Top Bottom