• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Behind the Mask; Alternate Costumes and Character Swaps

Metroid-X

Smash Rookie
As much as I would like to see Galacta Knight as a costume I doubt it would happen.
1) Galacta Knight has a shield, Meta Knight doesn't
2) Galacta Knight uses a lance, not a sword
3) We never seen Galacta Knight turn his wings into a cape, and I think it was stated that costumes need to have the same proportions to work or something like that.

Dark Meta Knight is probably going to happen, his appearance in triple deluxe helps his chances quite a bit.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I could see Galacta Knight actually. They can simply do a recolor of MK or just make MK use the Lance like a sword :p

D

Deleted member

Galacta Knight can be a pallete swap in a manner of Skyward Sword Link's clothes. Dark Meta Knight can be an alt

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I can see Dark Meta Knight just being a color, Galacta Knight however has GOT to be his costume if they want to go for character swaps, I wouldn't even care if he lost the shield. I don't think the Butterfly Knight design is likely, it's very rare for companies to reuse old character design concepts as alternate costumes

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Why can't Dark Meta Knight be his own slot?

I loved Meta Knight's red and white designs in brawl. seeing them in HD will be magnificent.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
No love for the pink-yellow-purple Meta Fruit Roll-Up recolor? With those 1080p graphics, I'll be salivating so much my mouth will froth up like a jacuzzi.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Guys, Galacta Knight is barely a different character, let's be honest. He is primo alternate costume material. This isn't Sonic vs. Shadow or even just Diddy Kong vs. Dixie Kong, this is Meta Knight vs. Pink Meta Knight with horns and different wings. That's like half an hour's worth of work in 3DS Max to make those changes. Yeah yeah yeah, he has a shield and a lance, but a completely aesthetic shield is not out of the question and neither is a small lance to replace Galaxia. I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen, but the "no alts that are different characters" thing is a weak reason for why it wouldn't. Galacta Knight is a different character from Meta Knight like Shin Akuma or Oni are different characters from regular Akuma. Maybe he could be a clone, but I really doubt it since he's not really roster slot material.

Regardless, here's who I would really want to see:

However, Dark Matter definitely is a different character so this one's a bit more unlikely than Galacta Knight.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I think Maskless is the most likely, followed by Dark Meta Knight (as just a recolor). I don't think Beta Knight or Galacta Knight will be alts personally. Galacta Knight would work, but he has some different abilities than Meta Knight (Sakurai has stated that if a character has a small difference in abilities, they get their own character, I believe) and I feel he'd be better suited for an AT. I casted away Beta Knight because he's beta artwork and Project M did it (not that Nintendo still can't do it, I just don't see it all too likely). He'd be a recolor at best imo.

I do think that Samurai Knight would be a great choice.

And though it's unlikely (due to being not a big change), I'd like to see an older version of Meta Knight, with wings that are entirely one color, non-plated hands, a white cape inside, and a pure blue collar.

Even though I don't want this, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Yarn Meta-Knight yet...

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I can see Dark Meta Knight just being a color, Galacta Knight however has GOT to be his costume if they want to go for character swaps, I wouldn't even care if he lost the shield. I don't think the Butterfly Knight design is likely, it's very rare for companies to reuse old character design concepts as alternate costumes
Sheik in Brawl uses unused concept art from Twilight Emo Princess, so it's possible. Dark Meta Knight as a pallete. And Shinobi Meta Knight of Super Star as an alt.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Sheik in Brawl uses unused concept art from Twilight Emo Princess, so it's possible. Dark Meta Knight as a pallete. And Shinobi Meta Knight of Super Star as an alt.
Well to be fair, Sheik is a case where she wasn't even in Twilight Princess, she may have been part of the plans but she didn't happen so Sakurai needed a way to bring Sheik back while keeping her art style consistent with the other Twilight Princess designs ya know?

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Dark Meta Knight is more relevant than ever thanks to Triple Deluxe, so it should definitely be an alt costume.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
The way things are looking now, with 8 total palette options, Meta could have 4 default colors, and then Maskless, Beta, Dark, and Galacta Knight to cover the last 4. There's still the possibility!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since Maskless Meta Knight ain't happening Galacta Knight would be the next best thing.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Since Maskless Meta Knight ain't happening Galacta Knight would be the next best thing.
Why would you say Maskless isn't happening? Because of that kirby alt? Compare that kirby alt to gba maskless MK. Metaknight would be bright blue with white eyes, along with his cape, sword, wings, etc. The Kirby alt is a MUCH darker blue, with yellow eyes and no armor at all. I think there is plenty of difference to allow for a Maskless Metaknight along with a Metaknight kirby

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well from what I heard of the demo news from someone on smash boards in japan

he said dark meta knight and galaga knight are both alternates for meta knight

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Well if Galacta IS an alt...does he have a cape, or are his wings always out? I don't believe Galacta has ever had a cape

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Since Galacta Knight in all of the appearances I've seen him in is always flying, it's debateable if his wings could sheathe into a cape. It's plausible.
Slightly false. In KRtD, in his boss battle, he walks, runs, and jumps during his 1st phase and still has his wings out

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Did anyone take a picture of the supposed Galacta Knight alt? I've seen a picture of Alph but no Galacta Knight.

edit: Missed that info from zipzo. So it's just a white palette that got confused for it I suppose.

Last edited:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
*raises glass* Here's to hope Galacta Knight is a boss battles character

Top Bottom