• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginner's guide to Fox in brawl. Thank Tangy everyone!

§witch

Smash Lord
I hate camping, I tend to aerial rush anyways. Nair, dair, bair and uair ftw lol. So I wasn't inclined to put that in I guess...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
from the characters i play other than JP and ganon im usually always camping in some way. i camp less with Fox, cause you know the blaster has like no stun. i even camp with Wolf. its actually ironic that i despised camping in melee, yet in brawl of all the people i play with i am the biggest camper. >__>

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
my main is peach. so my aggresiveness kinda died with my peach playstyle changes. i do miss the adrenaline of the rush though. at least with Wolf i get some of that back. :lick:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
rushing with Peach is dangerous play lol. unless i know my opponent well. i haven't umbrella poke KOed someone in a while i need to record it the next time i do it >.>

PCHU

Smash Lord
I dunno, my cousin played a good Peach (sadly he doesn't SHIELD >_<) and I got him BAD with my Fox.
I ended it with a shine to an offstage dair to a shine to a recovery.
I really think if he would USE THE SHIELD BUTTON then he could've at least stood a chance, but he didn't, so he got caught in about 7-10 shine dashes.
By shine dash I mean shining someone one place, and then running there and shining them again, making them go back, and then you start it over again.

But I haven't faced one Peach I could not beat.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I dunno, my cousin played a good Peach (sadly he doesn't SHIELD >_<) and I got him BAD with my Fox.
if he doesn't shield then how is he that good may i ask? :confused:

Fox has always been a nuisance to Peach. fortunately we can CG him for a while and gimp like no tomorrow.

also yes there is a duplicate picture of the Fthrow but it doesn't bother much does it?

PCHU

Smash Lord
if he doesn't shield then how is he that good may i ask? :confused:

Fox has always been a nuisance to Peach. fortunately we can CG him for a while and gimp like no tomorrow.

also yes there is a duplicate picture of the Fthrow but it doesn't bother much does it?
Um.....
Actually, I have no idea how he got good.
He doesn't really practice with anyone in particular, but he's just somehow good.
I mean, he sold Brawl quite a while ago, PLUS I had played him before he sold it.
He wasn't THAT good, but he was okay.
Sometime later I learned he sold it.
I thought his skills were a bit out of whack now, but I played him anyway with my Brawl.
He was like automatically good at the game, but I still got him.

Odd part was when I played his Melee Roy.
His Roy is crazy, and HE DOESN'T DO ATs OR SHIELD!
I played Marth and it was still insane.
You really have to know your opponent, especially when it's him.

I can kill him easy now since I practiced, but his Roy is still nice.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
no need really. might as well advertise him on the page anyway. it is about Fox afterall.

Edit: maybe instant sync with Peach? idk, since i never played him i can only take your word for it. natural talent can only go so far though. looking back i was kinda sucky as melee peach despite the fact i beat anyone with her, but oh well idk.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
interesting....
it was nice, but after the throw that combo ended. it might have even finished after the Dair cause i know wolf can move after that and the throw to avoid the dash attack. still nice though :)

10Foxcombos

RPK

Smash Lord
Meh...At like medium percents...If their in the air after the bair...I got it off quite a few times...Not constant but I still got it lol

§witch

Smash Lord
Unstickied, but they didn't sticky scotu's...
EDIT: ololol, they instickied this as opposed to the out of date match-up guide.

Top Bottom