• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginner Guidelines by Blue (If you are new, read now)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Good stuff B-will.

I mean. That's awesome. Using those mod powers to sticky this thread and all.

>___________________>

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.

*walks away

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good stuff B-will.

I mean. That's awesome. Using those mod powers to sticky this thread and all.

>___________________>

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.

*walks away
heh point made.

I can sticky your three guides, and I would like to, but that would create too much clutter and too many stickied guides at the top.

So...

Could you make one single thread that includes all three links of your threads? Perhaps the thread title being something like Emblem's Guides to playing marth or something, I don't know.

EDIT: I mean, I was looking at the other stickies to see if there were any threads that I could delete to make room for each of your individual stickies but didn't find any.

btw, I stickied your Q & A thread; that will be a separate sticky from your other three.

And...I have a lot more freetime now and actually have consistent access to the internet, something that I didn't have over the summer. So if anyone has any suggestions or something they want done, I'll now respond to it within a matter of a few days.

DOUBLE EDIT: eh, **** it. I'll just go ahead and sticky your other three then figure out what to do from there.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol.

I was at work when all your post were made B-will, but I guess it all worked out.

Thanks for the stickies.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I only did it because i beat a couple marth mains in a marth ditto.. and i killed someone with an up b out of my shield

skrach8

Smash Lord
so the bluedeath and emblem lord are regarded as some of the sickest marths correct? ive got a question bout the forward b.

Do you guys find yourselves using that move alot.

And what are ur views on forward air spams. IMO they are soooo gay. Regardless of how effective. FLORIDA is where im from btw. just incase ur wondering which noob this is.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
The side b

I'm just a redneck that lives in the south that happens to know alot and pwn.

I only use the move if I am facing someone that begins spot-dodging quite abit.

Other than that, I use the first part of the forward B to pop up floaty characters at %s to combo into the f-smash.

Try searching for it, there are many topics made of it..and ken went indepth in discussing the side b's uses.

skrach8

Smash Lord
well i use it alot. for alot of different reason. everything for killing, to approach, to mindgames. so on and so forth. lol i was kidding bout the noob part. but i am pretty interested in kens thread. thanx

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Kevin, you heard right but even us marth gods have trouble with the all mighty triple jump..its taken so much practice and I still have trouble with it.

Ah, I will answer you if you explain how I double fortess cancel into f-smash with bowser.

A fair trade?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This is indeed a fair trade, the sad thing is mine is actually possible and not all that hard...
1. Fortress Cancel off ledge
2. Waveland Pivot Backwards Ledge FortressCancel
3. Wavelanded F-Smash

See easy

now how do you triple jump?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
that one link you gave with the articles and marth vid helped SOOO much. lol i cant belive how much people look into this and study their char.

MECH

Smash Rookie
This thread is hilarious! "How do I spot dodge?" lol

although the double fortress cancel has me a bit confused i will admit.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
I just learned how to SHDF!

I figured this would be a good thread to post that in since it's where u go to laugh at Marth n00bs. Now all I have to do is get used to L-Cancelling my shdf. But **** I can't get the timing so I just have to use my godly-fast button tapping skills and like press A hella times after I shorthop. Pretty lame but it does allow me to pull off a shdf like 80% of the time. Haha oh well Ima n00b now laugh

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You'll find it's easier to do (and more pro looking) if you just learn the rhythm. Use the sound of the swing or Marth's animation if you have to.

Psyke

Smash Rookie
(strategy tips preferred) hey um...I play many diffrent people and once in a while i come across someone who camps/spams fox's double lasers by running to one edge of the stage and stays there shooting laser...and when even I come near they run to the other end...Ofcourse im still able to win the match but it gets really annoying. any strategy tips on the matter would be appreciated.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Get close enough so that you're a threat and dash dance. If he tries to shorthop and laser, run in and grab him or dash attack him. If he tries to run past you, you're not doing anything laggy, so punish that too.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Question:
Is there a long marth guide for beginners listing some ATs, their uses, general strategies, etc?
Or is this just like, figure your stuff out as you go along and gain knowledge through experience?

:093:

Hideaki

Smash Rookie
Ok, this is my very first post here on the community and I'd like to say that really helped a lot.

I just bought my own game cube a month ago so I can practice and become a good smash player soon enough. Thanks for the tips, great post indeed.

Hidden spy

Smash Rookie
Iam new to marth and i would like to thank thebluedeath1000 becuse what you wrote really helped me so thank's:D

DJMirror

Smash Master
I would to know where is the character discussion thread about sheik, i tried to go to the marth Q&A but it's closed so can anyone point me to the right direction? I dont want to get ***** by a sheik badly ever =(

Turazrok

Smash Master
The search feature doesn't seem to be working. It sends me to a blank page every time I try to use it. What should I do?

Top Bottom