• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beerfest Brawl Bash 2 - GARAGE SALE EDITION

Hyro

Smash Lord
Poker Party Beerfest Brawl Bash 2 - GARAGE SALE EDITION

General:

Eventually we’ll do a Texas Hold Em tournament. Hopefully we'll play make another pot after the first game in case people want to play again. THIS TIME WE’LL BE RAISING THE BLINDS WITH A TIME LIMIT *ERHM ARCADIA EHRM* ****ing camping in poker and ****…lol

Drinking will start at noon when people show up to whenever. Watch whatever you want on the tv. Problem is this time, ya'll can't really spend the night. We're leaving at 6 a.m. to go to the tourney in Florida. So make sure you don't drink too much / have a designated driver.

We need setups and we need Drinks*. No smoking in the apartment. If you smoke outside, don’t leave any cigarette butts, yes I’m DEAD serious when I say they noticed them last time. Never had a problem with the neighbors but just to be safe, try not to stomp. We have this thing called an iGroove so if you have an iPod, you can bring it and we can play your music on it's speaker.

I don't think theres no neighbors below us...but just in case, don't get TOO rowdy. So like...only rules would be:

Don't stomp (just in case)
Don’t scream too loud
Don't puke
Don't ****in go in my bed lol
Parents room is off limits

I will also be having a MASS sellout of a bunch of games and videogame ****. Bring your cash because if you see something you like, I'ma offer it up to everyone and whoever pays the most gets it >: ) And also, I'll be deciding whether or not I wanna sell something based on how much your offering. Obviously I'll be a little lenient because it's a lot easier than selling **** on ebay, but if I know I can get more cash for it than I'm being offered, I'ma have to hold out.

What:

Tourney/garage sale at my apartment...it's not the biggest apartment. So space is severely limited…if you’re coming, enter the tournies. Venue fees are Drinks* and it's optional.

Events:

Brawl Singles
Brawl-
Brawl- FFAs
Texas Hold Em

$5 per tournament

Make sure you bring money! No broke people! We’re prolly ordering pizza.

Date & Time:

Friday, April 9th

Venue:

My Apartment: xxxx
Phone: xxxx

General Rules:

-3 stock; 8:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-No items
-Best 2/3; All finals 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Suicide Rule: For Ganon and Bowser, it will always count as a win. For everyone else, a definite win or loss means a win or loss. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-Team Color Rule: If a team has Lucario or Sonic on it, they get to be blue.
-Team ports will be 1221. Play R-P-S or flip a coin to decide if there is a disagreement.
-R-P-S for port priority.
-No infinites past 300%
-Ledge grab limit is 40

Stage List:

Starter

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick

Lylat Cruise
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

Banned

Attendees:

Me
Lee
don't feel like posting everyone, just show up, people are coming

Setups:

Eh, bring setups or we won't have the tourney lol

---

Sale:

I'm slowly updating what I have to sell, all I got so far are the DS Games and Club Nintendo rewards. Most things will have a minimum price set, if more than one person wants it, obviously whoever offers more gets it. Check back later for updates, i'll point out when everything is here.

All games come with the cartridge, original packaging and every manual it came with unless otherwise stated. Data deleted so it's like new.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
Poker sounds good. I'm sure someone's gonna wanna invite me to come along, so whatev. Someone bring TvC or some other game to play while all the Smash is going on.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, so, couple questions. Do we have to enter all the tournies? If there's music, can we switch genres (even if it's a small change) periodically, cuz I don't know how long I can listen to screamo or other (objective) ****ty music.

And who's goin from BR? And who's goin back to BR that's not gonna be smashed?

Oh ****, and are there individual vids of each B- character? Gotta do some research on who's the sexiest.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Yeah, so, couple questions. Do we have to enter all the tournies? If there's music, can we switch genres (even if it's a small change) periodically, cuz I don't know how long I can listen to screamo or other (objective) ****ty music.

And who's goin from BR? And who's goin back to BR that's not gonna be smashed?

Oh ****, and are there individual vids of each B- character? Gotta do some research on who's the sexiest.
Yes guys, it's April 9th, my bad.

I don't know if we can have melee setups and tvc setups...we kinda need brawl setups first seeing as it's a brawl tournament...lol

No you don't have to enter all of the tournies. Pretty sure vaughn will show up and he doesn't drink so there you go. Yeah there are individual brawl- vids, search youtube...but they're pretty old. Just download it and **** around, it's too easy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n30yhzn2ktz

You'll prolly still play Luigi since he's stupid broken, really really good.

And for the music, anyone can listen to anything they want, just don't fight over it. Actually...not ANYTHING...ok *** it lets do this:

Starter

Hip Hop/Rap
R&B/Soul
Rock
Reggae

Counterpick

Pop (cuz lady gaga could get bearable if you're wasted)
Electronic (techno/trance/cyphus ****)
Videogame Soundtrack

Banned

Country
Screamo (lol sorry gregory)
Christian/Gospel

*scary kids scaring kids may be played if both players agree to it

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Banned

Country

Lol. You just banned me and Batto. I'ma have to borrow my gf's iPod or something. Hey, what about Southern Rock? Or, like, SRV? Oh, ****, and Jet. They're ballin.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Don't know what any of that is but yeah it's all good

Hyro

Smash Lord
Its not on Brawl+. It turns into the Wifi waiting room. Did I catch a technicality?
you sure did, "rapcore" is officially unbanned. As long as it turns into "not rapcore"

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Yes guys, it's April 9th, my bad.

I don't know if we can have melee setups and tvc setups...we kinda need brawl setups first seeing as it's a brawl tournament...lol

And for the music, anyone can listen to anything they want, just don't fight over it. Actually...not ANYTHING...ok *** it lets do this:

Starter

Hip Hop/Rap
R&B/Soul
Rock
Reggae

Counterpick

Pop (cuz lady gaga could get bearable if you're wasted)
Videogame Soundtrack

Banned

Country
Christian/Gospel

Agreed. With the limited space and the fact this is a Brawl and Brawl - tourney, Melee and TvC should just be a no go. I'm sure John can agree to have a dedicated 4 player Mario Kart or Mario Party Setup though. :) (non competitive)

LOLOLOL at the Music counterpick and bans. Especially SKSK can be played if both players agree to it. LMAO

Pritch, since your coming and probably not entering any Brawl events, I think it would be really cool if you would let us use your Tv for Brawl or Brawl Minus during the tournament hours. I'm sure late into the night when the events are over he wouldn't mind you using the setup for Melee. It would be REALLY appreciated though, bc Louisiana is terrible at bringing setups.:laugh:

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I would go but i have prom the following day, LOL!

hmm i might go if that's okay, I'll just get some sleep and wont drink cause im getting smashed after prom. LOL!

'V'

Smash Lord
*Sigh* I probably won't go then, sorry. Love you guys and all, but I don't wanna sit around watching smash all day when there's so much more that I could be doing to enjoy myself.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
There will probably be a decent turnout. Me, hyro, ran, most of nola, some br, lafayette may come.

hopefully blaine jnig arcadia and others are coming.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
What the **** is this about banning screamo!?!??! BAAAAWWW

Videogame Soundtrack

^^ should be starters. Also, Metal isn't included in any of the above, so that should be a starter too. I also propose a time limit for all Rap/hip hop. 30 seconds?

'V'

Smash Lord
I might come later in the day. Probably play some poker if that'll start. I'm also interested in Nightmare in Dreamland.

Hyro

Smash Lord
alright, good stuff. I'm still updating, I forgot I have to add PS, PS2 and PSP games too ugh

this is gonna take a while

working on gamecube right now.

what I'm listening to - My Time by fabo & jeremih

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Do Zelda next, cause no one cares about anything else. This sucks. I won't get to go. You'll definitely be holding some stuff for me, though. K?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
your going to get outbid. lol
If anyone outbids me, they'll be paying too much. I'm stopping when it turns out to be the same as the cheapest I can find them on the Internet.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Soul Calibur II - $10.00
For the GC. Comes with everything, great condition. Link's in it woooooo

Link Bendable Figure Thing - A quarter? lol
I have no idea.

Zelda Pin Set - $10.00
Brand new. Four mini zelda pins attached to it. Pretty fancy stuff right here.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Master Sword & Hylian Shield 1/6th Scale Replica - $40.00
This sold at Target for a limited time. It also comes with the TP official soundtrack. The plastic is open so you can pull everything out, but everything is in perfect condition. I couldn't find any on ebay.
I'm interested in all of these. Can I get some pictures of the pin set and the sword/shield replica?

Hyro

Smash Lord
If anyone outbids me, they'll be paying too much. I'm stopping when it turns out to be the same as the cheapest I can find them on the Internet.
...thats the point lol. Ive already done the price step. The bidding is for people who want it now, who dont feel like dealing with the internet, and who know they wouldn't find it on the internet.

I'm interested in all of these. Can I get some pictures of the pin set and the sword/shield replica?

So so far, I'm holding these items for these people at these prices:

Curlz

Sole Calibur II - $10.00
Link Bendable Figure Thing - A Quarter? lol
Zelda Pin Set - $10.00
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princes Master Sword & Hylian Shield 1/6th Scale Replica - $40.00

Vaughn

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland - $15.00
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - $15.00
Hanafuda Cards / 800 coins - $30.00

so obviously if anyone wants any of the same items, unless they change their mind, you gotta pay more.

Turazrok

Smash Master
hyro, I can't go, but I'll buy Kingdom Hearts at the next tourney in BR :O

Hyro

Smash Lord
that's like next year lol. wanna get someone to pick it up for you?

oh, and does cyphus get texts??? or should I call him and tell him to come? not a beerfest without cyphus.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm honestly not impressed with the pin set or the sword/shield replica. Lol. Sorry. I will however buy the Soul Calibur from you. I can't find a decent one anywhere around here.

Edit: I call dibbz on the Ocarina. Tell me how much people want to bid on it and I'll bid higher. No lie.

imtony

Smash Rookie
Hey, how many people are expected to be at this tournament? I have a friend that has a quiz at Xavier at 1 and he was wondering if you guys could reserve him a spot. he said he should be done around 1:30 and start heading over there. He's been playing for awhile, but never got to play in a tournament and wants to see how he stands with everyone.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hey, how many people are expected to be at this tournament? I have a friend that has a quiz at Xavier at 1 and he was wondering if you guys could reserve him a spot. he said he should be done around 1:30 and start heading over there. He's been playing for awhile, but never got to play in a tournament and wants to see how he stands with everyone.
Honestly, not gonna be too big. It's in my apartment and I'm not sure how many people are gonna be there.

Certain:

Me
Lee
Everett
Justin
Greg (has school...prolly coming late)
Greg's Girlfriend

Probably:
Jio (stopping in later)
Ran
Iceman
Vaughn

Hopefully:
Sudai
Eric
Blaine
Roni
Winnar + friends

Not Coming:
RickyB
Cyphus

I dunno. Don't get your hopes up people. Might end up a smashfest...or a gamefest...I'm not even sure how we're getting alcohol right now.

This might end up a people at my apartment fest. With stuff that they can buy lol.

---

Curlz, that's fine. As for the Ocarina, BSL has dibbz (lol) on it for $30, so if you want it, just offer more than that.

'V'

Smash Lord
Nick wants to hang out with me today, so I'll see if he'll want to come with me for a little while. Not likely though, so I'll most likely not come. The thing I want the most is Oracle of Seasons, so if there's any way you can hold on to it for me 'til the next shindig, I'll buy it from you, John. Thanks. =D

Top Bottom