• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beefy Smash Doods: Stale-Move Negation

Beefy Smash Doods are well known for their in depth study of Smash 4 mechanics and making videos to explain them. They proved it can be impossible to tech, have found the best way to mash buttons, explained how to live longer, and more. This time they sat down to explain Stale-Move Negation and how it works so players can keep their kill moves fresh. Watch and learn!

To see more videos from Beefy Smash Doods be sure to check out their Youtube channel or follow them on Twitter. Need more Smash 4 tips? Stay tuned to Smashboards for future tutorial videos!

Comments

As a PAC-MAN main, it really upsets me that his Fire Hydrant doesn't stale/refresh... It should, as it has HP. Wario's bike does, so why not the hydrant? His Power Pellet and Bonus Fruit do stale/refresh if you hit them, but not the hydrant lol.

This was a great video I'm glad I understand it now and why sometimes my down throw up air doesn't work (toot toot) because my down throw was stale and they can air dodge it when usually it's guaranteed

I came into this video with one question: Do pummels refresh moves in this game?
I came out of the video with my question unanswered :(

As a PAC-MAN main, it really upsets me that his Fire Hydrant doesn't stale/refresh... It should, as it has HP. Wario's bike does, so why not the hydrant? His Power Pellet and Bonus Fruit do stale/refresh if you hit them, but not the hydrant lol.
That's weird. Thought it did. I know hydrant suffers from staleness though when launched.

Last edited:
Top Bottom