• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beaten by link.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
i think dylan's losing to link was such a traumatizing event that it caused him to have an identity crisis as a smasher. Go find some nubs, go beat them down, make them be link, beat 'em down, regrow the balls and then its back to happy smashing!!!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Take tigerbombz for example... he has been 4-stocked by Isai's Link with Pika,
Key word : Isai. I'm 100% sure isai could 12 stock me with his link, I wouldnt get upset in that case id be really ammused to watch all the 0-death ownage..

Anyhow ya I said some dumb things in this thread you guys made me realize I was illogical but Im over it now, just hoping to play more people of sensei's skill level so I can improve, Ill be on kaillera today.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
It's harder on your dignity if you lose to someone that you never heard of as being good, especially if you consistently lose to them by 1 or 2 stocks. But now that you know Sensei's one of the best players, you don't have to feel so bad losing to him anymore lol.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I totally love this guy. So much.

Dylan, you cant be serious. Man up. I used to get ***** by gbagcn all the time. yes, gbagcn. fsmash happy. What do you think I did? I didnt ****ing destroy my desk because of this. I kept playing.

If the advice is harsh, suck it up.
gbagcn used to beat me too, and it was really pissing me off. So I took some time to analyze his game, pinpoint exactly how to crack his style, and now I can usually 3-4 stock him.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It's harder on your dignity if you lose to someone that you never heard of as being good, especially if you consistently lose to them by 1 or 2 stocks. But now that you know Sensei's one of the best players, you don't have to feel so bad losing to him anymore lol.
Not at all :laugh: I just hope I can play him again sometime.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Whatever I dont have the time to improve in this game, I play casually and I can beat most people that join my games at least.

I guess I could play with some of you to learn some stuff but no ones gonna wanna play me anyway since I suck and have no reputation. Gimmie a shout if you wanna train an nub.

Wow I've been playing this game since it came out, have owned it for over 7 years.. and im still a n00b. Amazing.

Edit : what defines a ''noob'' in SSB64???? In melee its easy, you can usually tell by a lack of wavedashing and consistency in shffling and the basic techs and all that...

When I play SSB64..

I dont EVER miss a Cancel. Not one, ever.

I understand mindgames / baiting and try to take advantage of them I realize the game goes beyond comboes and that you have to lure your opponent to set up the majority of them

I can beat 90% of the pubbies I play on Kailerra and the only time I lose is when I play someone of HIGH skill like Sensei or someone on his level where you can just see the perfection in his technique..

Am I a ''noob''? Or am I like ''mediocre?" I dont know how to draw the line in this game because im new to the competitive scene, I learned all my 0-death comboes playing with one friend. I dunno where to place myself >.<
you get mad way too easily. cool, off.
~Tera253~

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I had a good day on kaillera yesterday, didnt lose a match and I played for like 4 hours. Which of course means that I shouldnt be playing nubby pubbies and should be getting pwnd by some of you guys if I wanna improve.

Thino

Smash Master
I had a good day on kaillera yesterday, didnt lose a match and I played for like 4 hours. Which of course means that I shouldnt be playing nubby pubbies and should be getting pwnd by some of you guys if I wanna improve.
suddenly , on kaillera , Senseis and Superboomfans. hundreds of them.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
someone just taught me about the DI into a wall when you're getting edgeguarded thing.. I didnt even know about that!

I didnt even know there -WAS- defensive DI in ssb64 it feels like once you're getting hit theres nothing you can do but I learned that there is at least smash DI that can get you out of some combos, hence why a lot of my falcon combos that always worked on console with my friends dont work vs good people on kaillera.

Anyway I got pwnd a bit more today 4-6 stocked best I did was I got 2 stocked... captain falcon pro, but also maimed me with fox and with donkeykong.

Sigh I am le suck.

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
yeah DI exists in ssb64 but its harder to pulll off. Im merely getting to it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Good games superboom.

So ya now Ive gotten over my anger problems... I had a fun time being completly owned by superboom here for an hour and a bit.

Takes the sting away when you know the person who beat you is uber godly to begin with, really. I didnt know sensei was so skilled before, I chalked it up to me sucking and the bottom tier beating me.

Thanks for the reality check everyone! See ya on kaillera :)

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
superleetboomhaxman pwnage. very obvious. very honored. i dont like tier. whoever said skill outweighs tier list needs to get paid. i dont like how all hate kirby. i noe kirby is very leet. sakruai make kirby and smash. he make kirby better...survival-wise, just like ness64, pikACHOO, omgglypuff, and iDK. he has moves like fox, mario, and a lil bit of c. falcon.

felix45

Smash Lord
I think its because people who cant DI get angry about the utilt. that and the same people cant figure out that kirby has no approach whatsoever. OHSHI THERE GOES MY COVER

felix45

Smash Lord
:/

those are both predictable and easily countered approaches. it just takes getting used to getting your grabs in before the kirby can do anything. I'm pretty sure you play kirby as well so you probably know allready. you can also dash attack or dash dance pivot fsmash but after that the approach isn't much because the puffball is well...a puffball. has no fast movement anywhere.

then there is always the easy way of just picking mario and spamming fireballs because of the no approach thing.

felix45

Smash Lord
well its hard to do mindgames when the only approach you are using is an arial.

thus my point of no approach. sure there IS an approach but it is predictable.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I think its because people who cant DI get angry about the utilt. that and the same people cant figure out that kirby has no approach whatsoever. OHSHI THERE GOES MY COVER

properly used up tilt really doesn't give you anywhere to go. DI left and right send you back to the center of kirby, DI up helps avoid maybe one hit, and DI down only works below about 20%, after which does nothing.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yeah, you can't really DI out of Kirby's up-tilt, it's too fast and Kirby even has time to move a little to the side between each tilt. You can DI out of everything else in the game pretty much, except this.

Also, if you say that Kirby has no approaches, then Jiggly has no approaches either, in addition, Jiggly is slower, bigger, and an easier target in general.

felix45

Smash Lord
richard was DIing out of all of my uptilts O.O

umbra - jigz doesn't have any approaches either. any jiggly player will tell you the same really. every time I have ever play people like dapuffster they have to mindgame me into getting hit by a dair or grab me if they want to do anything.

this is also why jigz/kirby dittos are gay, no approaching, lots and lots of trying to mindgame one another into approaching so they may punish the other.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Wow, you are like the people in my asociation about smash melee: when i entry with yoshi in the asociation, everybody thought i was a noob. I pwned them with yoshi and NO ADVANCED TECHS (even L cancelling) (maybe a bit of crouching because i used the d tilt a lot)) and they gets SOOOO pissed off that they got angry with me... i cant explain that.

Later they see i'm only goos with yoshi, nothing more (i learn the adv. techs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom