• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bear and Fish 11: Over. Everyone loses, Town loses a little less

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
@Dourin: Talk about X1 and Swiss. Also, SN is full of crap, especially considering the identity of half of it. If we find a good lynch target, we go for it.
Had to think a bit about this, I really didn't know what to say, so I don't have much either.
X1-12; I don't think anything of him, other than not saying much. He has made a few posts, and I can't interpret them. He asked me a question and tried to forge an alliance with swiss (no idea if joking or not).
Swiss; He has good activity, has been looking at J a lot. He's saying people are town very early on and I don't think that's a good thing to do, but to each his own playstyle.
Something made me raise an eyebrow though;
Generally speaking it's a great policy for a bad town. A good town don't need to impose such measure on themselves. I do not advocate lying as a townie, though. You, Dourin, won't lie in this game, feel free to withhold certain parts of the truth if necessary - though this is only really needed if you are a power role (such as investigating me N1 as cop, getting an innocent, and not telling everyone - just say you have a town read on me).
This post reeks of trying to manipulate me. Perhaps if you keep confirming my allignemnt, I'll also believe you are town? That's not happening :bee:
Tell me what you think about Nymph/J/Larxene. The account is going to be referred to as 'Nymph' or 'NM' from now - for ease of voting and reference. Multiple accepted names could lead to confusion.

Also, respond to Cello.
I didn't respond to Cello immedeatly, because I had to think a bit about what I was going to say.

What I think of Larxene (I'll go with this name, it's the one they want to be called so I'll do it. I'll still refer to him/her as a him from now on)?
I think he's coming off too nice. He doesn't sound assertive and I wouldn't be that afraid if he tried to go after me. He talks a lot, but he's not saying much, if you catch my drift.

Tom! Where are youuu?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Ryunnosuke is town. I'm not going to explain why, since I'm pretty sure that would be against the rules. Just accept it. Let's say it's because he's been town and scum, so he's due to be town by percents.
If it came down to a four person town that consisted of the following players: Cello_Marl, Acrostic, TigerWoods, and Ryunnosuke who would you lynch off first? Second?

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Acrostic, why are you not voting for NM if they 'reek' of scum?

@ Dourin, I am trying to manipulate you by telling you not to lie and to not out yourself as a town PR? This is 'manipulation' which benefits town, do not go against it. I'd prefer to call it advice, but whatever works.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@ Acrostic, why are you not voting for NM if they 'reek' of scum?
@ Swiss: Probably for the same reasons as you. I'm waiting for a response before I place a vote. Then again, votes are just used to apply pressure. Right.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Swiss I still think it is cruel of you to designate your own name choice. Especially when they already choice one for themselves. Unless you skimmed that post altogether. If you are serious about vote submission, you may need to resubmit with their self-designated preference.

SavageNymph said:
@Mod: Hiya :3 didn't wanna leave you out. Also can votes for Larxene count as votes to us? It's kindof what the entire username is about.

I.E: Unvote
Vote: Larxene

Swiss

Smash Lord
Cruel? If they wanted to be called Larxene, they'd have named their account Larxene. They named their account SavageNymph - I'll be calling them SavageNymph. They didn't show willingness to help us differentiate between which of them was posting, why you expect me to then call them an entirely different name is beyond me. Pets earn their treats.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
@GLG: What is Savage Nymph's alignment?
I don't have a really solid read right now, I think it is trying really hard to make discussion but I feel like the discussion is more of to make discussion and doesn't really have a purpose to it.

Also, I'd like to know what everyone thinks of the "lynch all liars" mentality, and also lynching the lurkers on the first day, so we don't have to deal with them later.
If they lie about something major then I'd lynch them for it, but other than that I wouldn't. Like, if player x said they targeted player z but then player q claimed tracker and said they really targeted player a then I'd be willing to lynch player x. But if player x said that his favorite color is blue but then someone pulls a post made a page ago in this thread that said his favorite color was yellow then i wouldn't lynch him.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
EBWOP: The part under cello's quote should read "I don't have a really solid read right now, I think it is trying really hard to make discussion but I feel like the discussion is more of an attempt to make discussion and doesn't have a useful purpose to it.

J Side Speaking

Vote Nymph
Swiss I still think it is cruel of you to designate your own name choice. Especially when they already choice one for themselves. Unless you skimmed that post altogether. If you are serious about vote submission, you may need to resubmit with their self-designated preference.

Incorrect, he is voting correctly. You are trying to make Swiss seem like he is skimming and trying to make him look worse when YOU have been the one skimming. I have clearly asked the mod if we can be referred to as Larxene and then he did a vote-count which showed his answer. Here is the post where I clarified I needed to be called by SavageNymph.

Okay well that Vote count cleared things up quite nicely. Larxene has to be referred to by her organization name for votes to count got it and we can post in color as long as we aren't annoying. Yay!

Anywho let's apply random pressure in this game full of slowness.
Don't be hypocritical now dearie~ Hypocrites usually get hurt.

Cruel? If they wanted to be called Larxene, they'd have named their account Larxene. They named their account SavageNymph - I'll be calling them SavageNymph. They didn't show willingness to help us differentiate between which of them was posting, why you expect me to then call them an entirely different name is beyond me. Pets earn their treats.
Well we only asked to be referred to as Larxene because that is the character ~The Savage Nymph~ is. We could not have Larxene for some weird reason so we went with her alternate name. Fine w/e though call us ~The Savage Nymph~ and since your making such a big Stink about it we will be clarifying which side is speaking however the other half is being shy....idk why ">_> Her account on here is Top Ranger Skye.

Also, I'd like to know what everyone thinks of the "lynch all liars" mentality, and also lynching the lurkers on the first day, so we don't have to deal with them later.
Lynching all Liars is exactly what Swiss has said in which lynching liars is a good mentality for a bad town. It is something to keep in mind however how much someone has lied or kept mudding what they say. Lynching lurkers the first day....meh I'd rather lynch someone that is scummy in my opinion.

@Swiss: I'd say that Larxene is currently coming off as town to me.

unvote vote Acrostic

I'm getting a scum read.
Explain how I am coming across as town to you. It seems you are the only one who thinks so with the group of people who have been talking. Have their previous talking changed your mind on me? If you have a specific post that you like please point it out.

Is it vote-hopping? Oh God I hope it's not vote-hopping. Anything but vote-hopping. That's what gave me away last game.
What is this? I really don't even know. Why such the hostility towards him putting a vote on you? How much hostility would you bear towards me if I were to do this?

Unvote
Vote: Acrostic

Please, go on. Also, please tell us what you've learned from your questions. Please. Also, you ARE going to be posting your hydra logs. Also, why are you concealing the true identity of the non-J side of your hydra?

@Dourin: Talk about X1 and Swiss. Also, SN is full of crap, especially considering the identity of half of it. If we find a good lynch target, we go for it.

@Swiss: What do you think of the fact that J tried to conceal the fact that the "new" half has years of experience?

Tom, say hi to Xiivi. He said hi to you. With a vote. Bam.
Oh goodie Cello's town again =_= (joke for those who don't get why i'm saying this) Anyways

I think I have cracked your meta. And your my first person I believe I have a meta on. If you want me to delve into the questions I have asked, point out which questions you want me to go into more. I'd be happy too. I am not concealing the true identity. She is one of my friends who is new to SWF. Her name on here is Top Ranger Skye. Quit assuming please. Each time you assume your wrong like ALWAYS. Seriously look her up and see that she had just created her account.

Your question to Dourin, how am I full of crap, elaborate.

Swiss Question, No I have not been lieing. Quit trying to lie about me.

Tom statement. What is....? Xiivi is not on this account. As I'll say again, It's Top Ranger Skye.

I'd call them scum - push them on unwillingness to co-operate, emphasise he asked me if I was breadcrumbing and thus draws attention to a possible PR. I'd point out he tried to cast doubt on GLG whilst carefully maintaining a neutral stance on him. I'd probably read scum into some actions and get X1 to wagon with me. I'd also clear Ryu, had you not already done (prerequisite of J scum).

Something like that, anyway.

And I haven't crumbed anything, J. Nor will I be.
Swiss why are tunneling me so early? Especially on something so weak that is even weaker than the last time. (DnD) I think I see what you are trying to do where you are trying to see if anyone is going to follow your opinion and look for bandwagoners and I kindof like it. =o I know I'm town and I want to believe your town. What ever I'm cool with pressure but let's establish this. Your case is full of air and it's not based on anything substantial besides your opinion. You have gotten some followers. I find it cute but what are you going to do or must I growl at you more. Are you confident in your stake that if you had the chance you would kill me now? If not, why not? If so, state why? Tried to cast doubt on GLG? What is this? Dude you are trying too hard and it's actually quite funny. Yes, I thought I found something on GLG was rather off especially with the way he worded his words. But you know me dude I do not call people scum unless I am ready to say they are without a doubt in my mind. Don't twist scenarios because it is only gonna make you seem worse to the town's eyes. Your town though....i think....not confident but I believe it's most likely where i'd take a gamble. Why does Scum me = Town Ryu? Explain please. Deary please don't fall into Cello's mind logic.

I apologize, I was being rude. I have decided to dedicate my next life to an existence of constructive posts that aren't based on empty assertions.

I disagree. Larxene reeks of scum to me. Even though it seems like she is posting a lot, it just seems to be a mix of personal roleplay and crap. Roleplaying in a mafia thread is just a waste and seems to be an excellent tactic to avoid questions. Seems like typical scum-play to me.
I reek of scum? How rude of you to tell a lady reeks! Crap? Excuse me but I was only trying to post. By all means point out the "crap" in what I Have said. It seems you are just following along with Swissy. Especially full-knowing his case is weak. RPing in Mafia is not a waste. If you have forgotten Mafia is a game for people to have fun in. I will have fun in the way I please. I am not avoiding any questions point out where I have. How is this typical scum-play? Why are you so certain on your assessment when we are only on pg. 3? Same question as Swiss, are you confident enough if you had the chance, to kill me now? If not, why? If so, why?

What I think of Larxene (I'll go with this name, it's the one they want to be called so I'll do it. I'll still refer to him/her as a him from now on)?
I think he's coming off too nice. He doesn't sound assertive and I wouldn't be that afraid if he tried to go after me. He talks a lot, but he's not saying much, if you catch my drift.
I don't catch your drift. Please elaborate for me if you don't mind.

If it came down to a four person town that consisted of the following players: Cello_Marl, Acrostic, TigerWoods, and Ryunnosuke who would you lynch off first? Second?
What is the point of this question? You asking Cello if it came down to himself, you, his brother, or Tiger which one would he lynch first and the second one? What do you wish to gain from this? More or less we are past RVS so why are you asking a question such as this so early on? Also you picked 3 people which have not been posting much. Cello, Ryunn, and Tiger have not been posting too much. Weird. I smell this as trying to seem more town.

My current thoughts? I'd like to look at Acrostic more. I will be. Swiss is town probably though I am usually always wrong but I'm going with gut on him for now. If you have any problem with my play adreese me directly please. Surprising no one has decided to talk to me directly about me being scummyish so early on besides Swiss and Cello to a lesser extant. I'm an open book as me questions w/e. I'll be waiting polishing my kunai.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss Question, No I have not been lieing. Quit trying to lie about me.
[/COLOR]
I didn't say you had, I haven't lied about you yet.

Swiss why are tunneling me so early? Especially on something so weak that is even weaker than the last time. (DnD) I think I see what you are trying to do where you are trying to see if anyone is going to follow your opinion and look for bandwagoners and I kindof like it. =o I know I'm town and I want to believe your town. What ever I'm cool with pressure but let's establish this. Your case is full of air and it's not based on anything substantial besides your opinion.
I'm not, but I like that you think I am.

I called you town and said to stop in DnD, FYI.

I'm not doing what you think I am.

What case? I never made a case.

I'd lynch you now for that post, though.

And your Cello meta is wrong. But assume it's right for the purposes of this game.

J side speaking

I didn't say you had, I haven't lied about you yet.

I'm not, but I like that you think I am.

I called you town and said to stop in DnD, FYI.

I'm not doing what you think I am.

What case? I never made a case.

I'd lynch you now for that post, though.

And your Cello meta is wrong. But assume it's right for the purposes of this game.
Why do you like that you think I am?
That was too late that you called me town in there because I was already lynched.
Then tell me what you are doing?
Case being that I am scum due to not being apparantly not 100% open with my hydra account.
Explain why you would lynch me for that post. In fact destroy that post above.
What's your opinion on Acrostic by the by?
So you believe Cello is not town?
Quit ignoring my questions >_<" I'm getting aggravated.

Skip.
See TW QT.
Lynching you.
No.
No.
Skip.
No.
What?
Why do you keep doing this? I am not liking it at all. Don't skip my questions. Don't do one word answers. And here is to your final question. I separated what I asked of you in my most recent post:

Are you confident in your stake that if you had the chance you would kill me now? If not, why not? If so, state why?

Tried to cast doubt on GLG? What is this? Dude you are trying too hard and it's actually quite funny. Yes, I thought I found something on GLG was rather off especially with the way he worded his words. But you know me dude I do not call people scum unless I am ready to say they are without a doubt in my mind. Don't twist scenarios because it is only gonna make you seem worse to the town's eyes. Your town though....i think....not confident but I believe it's most likely where i'd take a gamble.

Why does Scum me = Town Ryu? Explain please. Deary please don't fall into Cello's mind logic.
Answer now. Quit avoiding please. It's starting to wear on my patience.

J Side Speaking

It's relevant to me to see you answer questions you have been asked. You have dodged EVERY one you can and/or given the bear minimum of what is required of you to answer. And the answers are not even plausible due to the fact they are so short and don't reveal anything besides you just being unco-operative. Questions benefit town to help further scum-hunting and help town figure out what is going on. You should most definetely know this. If you have nothing to hide then please answer them. What is beneficial from not answering them? You haven't even given any information as to why you won't answer the questions. Swiss give me dag on good reasoning to why you are doing this. I swear if it's a reason to just mess with me I am personally gonna ****slap you after it's over? K? K.

Your distracting from scum-hunting. So let's do some of that eh? I'll post more when I can. Been busy today.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
No, I've never played with any of you so I have no idea who is playing any different than usual. I really can't see I see any of you as scummy at the moment.

Tiger, how active are you going to be during the christmas period?
I'm not exactly sure to be honest. I'm on call for work so I may have free time or I may not.

Also, isn't this one of Acrostic's first games? I know the noob card isn't to be played, but ... haha.

I don't really see a solid case against him... though it is day one so there really can't be a solid case against anyone yet > . >

Thoughts everyone?

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
My initial vote on Acrostic was to pressure a little for a reaction, but after you came off so defensively it's turned into a real vote. The initial read was your reaction in 52 to Cello. Just seemed a little weird to me that you would try and paint Cello as a manipulator when he was calling for nothing more than your support. You got snarky after a pressure vote, which you even later on admitted that votes at this stage are only used for pressure. If that was the case, why so snarky? I may not know you, but if acting in that manner casts suspicion on your from someone, maybe you shouldn't act that way. Oh wait, that's exactly why you suspect Larxene! Now it's getting complicated. It's a mistake to assume that roleplayers and flavor lovers are scummy just because of the way they post. I'm not saying it auto clears people or that you have to like it, but it's a mistake to assume otherwise. J likes to roleplay, simple as that.

I say Acrostic is a good lynch for town. Acro for trying to poke holes in Larxene's play and for vote withholding until wagon trails started to form. If he flips town, suspect Larxene, Tiger, and me some more, if not, dead scum is good.

FoS on Tiger. Why you coming to Acro's defense?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Because I don't really see a solid case against him? D1 is usually hard to get by since there really isn't much to go with.

I'm not allying myself with him. I'm just saying we shouldn't be so hasty on a lynch! A death with no info is a useless one.

I also don't understand how Larx, you, or I will look more scummy if hes town...

Also, Scumtiger doesn't buddy up with other scum members D1. Scumtiger doesnt buddy up with anyone really lol. Neither does towntiger > . >

Swiss

Smash Lord
J said:
"Questions benefit town to help further scum-hunting and help town figure out what is going on. You should most definetely know this."
Give me two, maybe three concise, intelligent questions relevant to what we've said and I might answer them.

Why are you concerned that your scum flip clears Ryu?

Can't wait to see the inactive players thoughts.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
I don't catch your drift. Please elaborate for me if you don't mind.
Basically, you make a lot of posts, and they are really long, but it doesn't contain anything that is worth remembering five minutes later. It's not that your posts are useless, it's just a lot of work trying to trawl through the tons of roleplaying fluff to find something of substance, that also concerns scumhunting, and not what you should be called or talking about what a newbie thinks of PR-directs.

Also, Vote: Grump

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Also, Scumtiger doesn't buddy up with other scum members D1. Scumtiger doesnt buddy up with anyone really lol. Neither does towntiger > . >
Vote: Tiger

You did defend acrostic and then you tried to beat the bush around it. Not only that, but this post makes me think you're either a)trying to say IM TOWNIE LOLZZ(but not actually because of that second part) or b)claiming indy which is a lot less likely.

J, why do keep announcing its you when ever you post?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
To answer for J.... from my Hydra experience anyway... noting what head is speaking can have some effect on the later game by explaining the different play styles of the players in a hydra, which may answer some questions.

Sue: did it.

Also, LOL you're funny gun. Beat around the bush? I'm not defending him you fool. I'm just saying slow the game down. If everyone votes the guy then we wont have anything to work with tomorrow.

X1-12

Smash Champion

You did defend acrostic and then you tried to beat the bush around it. Not only that, but this post makes me think you're either a)trying to say IM TOWNIE LOLZZ(but not actually because of that second part) or b)claiming indy which is a lot less likely.

@Tiger: If a town member has nothing to say, do you think they should try to post something anyway?

@Cello: Why haven't you won this game for me yet?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Also, LOL you're funny gun. Beat around the bush? I'm not defending him you fool. I'm just saying slow the game down. If everyone votes the guy then we wont have anything to work with tomorrow.
I don't see what the problem with one vote is though. I could understand if he had three or four votes, but with one... not so much.

J Side Speaking
Top Ranger Skye side is busy

Give me two, maybe three concise, intelligent questions relevant to what we've said and I might answer them.

Why are you concerned that your scum flip clears Ryu?

Can't wait to see the inactive players thoughts.
You know what, no. I have given you questions to answer and until you answer them I am done with you. I am just going to pretend you are not even here until you gain some respect for Ms. Larxy and quit being a nuisance to the town. I'm not answering any questions till you go back and answer all of mine correctly. However I am going to continue questioning you and calling you out on other questionable behaviour if I see it.

Why do you clear him if I am scum? If he is scum do you clear me?
Why make such strong statements so early on?
Why can you not wait to hear inactive players thoughts?
What do you think of GLG/Tiger situation going on as of now?
What do you think of Dou-x's random pressure vote on Grump?

Better answer the entire list of these questions AND the questions you have dodged or slimed away from before it gets too much to bear. Quit being a detriment. I'm comfortable smearing your face with my heel if you don't listen.

To answer for J.... from my Hydra experience anyway... noting what head is speaking can have some effect on the later game by explaining the different play styles of the players in a hydra, which may answer some questions.

Sue: did it.

^this is a reason plus I was asked to clarify that I define which side is speaking.

Did you skim my large post because I pointed out to Swiss that I will be from now on showing who is talking?

@Tiger: Don't joke about Sue. Good god that scary Queen of evil makes even Larxene scared.

@Tiger: If a town member has nothing to say, do you think they should try to post something anyway?

@Cello: Why haven't you won this game for me yet?
Why did you quote a post from GLG but not question him? Instead you question'd Tiger.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Request replacement for Tom

I have no rules basis for this, but if a majority agrees to this, can we force it through? I'll rescind my request if he votes for SavageNymph.

@Grump: Even with me mentioning him, did you remember Tom was in the game? If no, is this a problem for you?

@Dourin: Assuming X1's alliance attempt was genuine (it probably was), what are your thoughts on that?

Acrostic said:
Ignoring the fact that we would only have a single lynch available at that point, none of them. That's not No Lynch, that's none of those people are scum. To give an answer to your question that isn't technically a true one, Tiger then you. Ryu is definitely town.

@SavageNymph: Why did "Top Ranger Skye" bother making an individual account, given that "her" only game is this one? You definitely claimed "Top Ranger Skye" is new to DGames, but does "she" entirely lack all mafia experience? Also, Ryu never posts often. Starcraft 2 is too interesting.

@Ryu: Acro is town, quit it. So is Tiger.

@X1: Because we haven't lynched Savage Nymph yet. Do that please.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Request replacement for Tom
@Dourin: Assuming X1's alliance attempt was genuine (it probably was), what are your thoughts on that?

@Ryu: Acro is town, quit it. So is Tiger.
I agree with the replacement for Tom.

If it was a genuine attempt, I think it's a silly thing to do, but I feel this game has a lot going on that just passes right over my head. People are clearing each other as town already. I think X1 probably has a reason he proposed an alliance. This is good behaviour. I doubt an actual mafia member would put himself out like that, either with a town member or especially another mafia member.

I'm just wondering how you clearing these people. How are Acrostic and Tiger town?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
As you say, scum don't draw attention to each other early on. Cello-rule 11a. "Busing happens. However, it does not happen on the first page." Acrostic and Tiger kept each other in the limelight as much as they could with their random shenanigans. Would they do this with a slew of people they have never played with? No. Conservatism rules the day when dealing with unknown elements. Of the two, Acrostic looked better with post #15, and yet Tiger kept it up a little bit more by voting him. What scummy agenda does that serve? None that I can see, except perhaps to blend into a crowd. But no such crowd had formed. Finally, Acrostic himself questioned why I was trying to be his friend. Someone that hasn't played with me would have little reason to question why I've cleared them, and yet he did.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Tom has been prodded

I'mm be a little busy for the next 48 hours, but I should have enough time in about 10 hours to put up a vote count. Sorry about that

Swiss

Smash Lord
Interested to see what Nymph does next. Should be a big tell. Reminding him he hasn't answered my #101. Shame.

Acrostic, after you tell me more about Nymph, give me a quick run down of GLG.

Swiss

Smash Lord
1. Tom
2. TigerWoods
3. X1-12
4. Grump
5. Swiss
6. Ryunnosuke
7. GiraffeLaserGun
8. ~The Savage Nymph~
9. -Dourin-x-
10. Cello_Marl
11. Acrostic

Dourin, you agree with a replacement for Tom, yet since then have offered nothing new, questioning no-one. Why?

Wonder why X1's deliberately skipping content. He seems lost. So town. But not useful.

Not getting why other players think not posting because others aren't is a good idea - there'll be scum hiding in this not posting for certain. Maybe a few dumb townies who are setting themselves up for a lynch - but definitely scum. Waiting on Acrostic. And Grump. Tom's not here either. GLG's posting without content.

Bizarre how people are avoiding taking stances on J and following up their own suspicions.

Top Bottom