• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bear and Fish 11: Over. Everyone loses, Town loses a little less

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh Swissy is getting a little demanding, good thing Larxy likes someone who talks to her rough ;). Both halfs of this hydra will continue to post in yellow for the remainder of the game. This is me bringing it up with you. How will you enforce making J post in pink?

J being easy to read is a true fact behind it. Have you ever been wrong in your reads on him? Explain. Are you confident enough in you reading him if you got a town read on him to keep in LYLO. How many of the other people in this game can you read as well?

*hits in face with glove* Never disrespect a lady by rejecting her hand. How do you plan on clearing your as I may put it "followers"? Why do you not wish to be held on the same footing as say Larxy and X1? Besides the reason you gave which is a bit weird in all honesty.
1. I'll not actually try to enforce it. But it rings true that hydras being open about who posted what makes it easier for town to understand them. I;d just question why you'd hinder us a bit. You're already going to the effort of posting in colour, why not help town out?

2. No. Yes. Several.

3. Same way I clear people normally. I just find it easier when we're working together, less barriers. I've stopped 'holding hands' on equal footing as the people I choose inevitably screw up and think I'm scum - see all recent games as reference. I wouldn't call them my 'followers' as I'd gladly wagon for them, it's more unofficial. But with me normally doing more wagoning, thanks to my play style, hence probably being more dominant.

You should already know most of this. Don't think I play like Cello with 'us' and 'them', I'm more, scratch my back and I'll scratch yours and clear you if you're town.

Bewm.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also, why are you referring to J as 'him' when posting on the hydra?

I know it's you posting - we're talking on AIM and you stop talking when you're making a response. A little more openness from the hydra would be nice.

Also, will you be posting hydra chat logs?

1. I'll not actually try to enforce it. But it rings true that hydras being open about who posted what makes it easier for town to understand them. I;d just question why you'd hinder us a bit. You're already going to the effort of posting in colour, why not help town out?

2. No. Yes. Several.

3. Same way I clear people normally. I just find it easier when we're working together, less barriers. I've stopped 'holding hands' on equal footing as the people I choose inevitably screw up and think I'm scum - see all recent games as reference. I wouldn't call them my 'followers' as I'd gladly wagon for them, it's more unofficial. But with me normally doing more wagoning, thanks to my play style, hence probably being more dominant.

You should already know most of this. Don't think I play like Cello with 'us' and 'them', I'm more, scratch my back and I'll scratch yours and clear you if you're town.

Bewm.
So you were bluffing when you told me to come to you if I had a problem with your color cordination. Got it. Also not necessarily true about your hydra logic Swiss dude. Tiger knows what I am talking about with the wicked Sue and also you know that lovable Chuckie-monster. Both seem to be helping town and doing everything correctly. How does defining wether or not it is J or the lovable other half posting help town? Also this color debate is getting stupid.

Okay wait just a second you cute looking.....puntable object. Your starting to get a little contradicting. You say for me to follow you and hence you would clear me but would still be willing to bandwagon the people you clear that are following you. Head hurts....Your third point is just weirding me out and I wanna throw a kunai at you. You look like it would be fun to hit with sharp pointy blades....

Also I'll scratch your back if you have good reason for me too otherwise I'll scratch your back with my kunai ^_^

Also, why are you referring to J as 'him' when posting on the hydra?

I know it's you posting - we're talking on AIM and you stop talking when you're making a response. A little more openness from the hydra would be nice.

Also, will you be posting hydra chat logs?
Due to the fact it's fun to play as myself (Larxy) and we are a hydra so everyone each other does the other is accountable for the whole. I.E. Larxene. Why do you keep trying to point out that my silly way of playing is indicitive of me trying to hide and that I am not being open?

I will NOT be posting our hydra chat logs if we ever do chat somewhere where we can because that breaks the rules my dear. *tsk* Read them Swissy you might learn something. Although most of the time we will be talking on the phone or in person at school since we go to the same school. You will deal with what we do, and like it.

SummonerAU said:
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
I'm sorry first off. This is the rule I saw and I got a little confused since I thought hydra's include that x_x" Anywho that doesn't give you the right to disregard the rest of my post. The only section of the post you can ignore is the rule-reading part/posting hydra stuff.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You can indeed.

You are town.

J is trying hard in a new style, so it's harder to tell his alignment. He was happy to get into pointless semantics and size of e-penis debate with me but then dropped it. I'm not calling him scum.

I have nothing else of note iirc.

Posting in color might be a violation of rule 19.
Ack I hope not because that would be wretched. Anywho I hope you come back here and answer the question I asked of ya~

Swissy quit ignoring me or do I have shove my boot somewhere? ^_^

@Mod: Is posting in Yellow a violation of Rule 19?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Tiger and Acrostic: Be my friend. And be each others' friends.
I'll be you best friend! :bee: But I have a question. Why do you need to make friends in a mafia game? Aren't you good enough to win with your own initiative or do you need to rely on manipulating others in order to achieve your win conditions?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@ Acrostic - Do you know Summoner well? How did you know this game was open? What's your strategy to avoid being killed N1?
Summoner is my best friend. I knew this game was open because he was like, "Bro there is an open game of mafia and I want YOU in it." I have absolutely no strategy to avoid being killed N1 and I don't need to have a strategy. Killing me would be a mafioso mistake in more ways than one.

@Acrostic: I actually had a couple of baby squirrels I was rehabilitating a month or two ago :p
Are you sure they weren't rabbits? I question your credibility.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Games are easier when I can just follow someone

Dourin, can you pick out 2 people who are most scummy right now? based purely on your own reads and opinions

Grump

Smash Apprentice
@Strange Hydra Lady thing?:
Alright understandable. Who do you know in this game? What do you feel about mislynches? what do you think of no NKs? What would you think of two NKs? Let's test your terminology! What is the difference between Lovers and Neighbours? What does a Mayor do?
1. I have played with Acrostic before, and X1-12 has modded that same game.
2. Miss-lynches are no good, but some stuff CAN be gleaned from them. I guess in some cases they are a necessary evil if the scum is really good at hiding itself =/
3. They are awesome! Fewer town kills is always good.
4. I didn't know that was possible? o.O
5. I have no idea....
6. ;-; Now you're just being mean! lol

And for the record... What is a hydra? Are two people using Larx-whoever's account?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Swiss;11821989 @ GLG - I wasn't going to say anything to you. But you're voting me so I'm going to focus on you until you remove the vote. What is your plan going into this game? Who will you trust? Who can you get a read on quickly? Are you going to be deadweight here too? What are you changing about your previous play style to become useful? [/QUOTE said:
I can't get a read on anyone quickly because so far i've only played with like three people in this game and I've only seen them play one alignment. I might trust you or cello until i think you do one think that i find scummy, then every post after that will make you guys scum in my eyes.

I'll try to post more, scouts honor.

Matter of opinion in my mind. However I do share your opinion in loving to see people squirm under the pressure of someone dieing to either safe your own life or kill your own life. Hoooooooowever Larxy does like crushing people she doesn't like into Castle Oblivion so....wait you want the game to go to LYLO instead of town just being able to win the game the easiest way possible? (correct me if I'm wrong) Misvigges? Explain this portion. Why did you not say doc protects during the night? Why did you not say NK? Why assume there is a vig?

I'd rather see either one, since Its been a long time since I've been alive for a 3 man lylo and I would also like to see a game where townies just don't screw up at all. I said "misviggies" because at the very least, I'd rather have the town not kill themselves but it would be okay if a wolf kills a townie.
I forgot this was an 11 person game so on hindsight there probably won't be a vigi.
3.) We feel the same way with votes. Also would you rush the day if I said I saw let's say GLG visit the dead body last night and Swissy comes up saying he has a guilty verdict on GLG and GLG claimed VT? Would you be willing to end the day if everything pointed in the direction that GLG was scum? However I do love having more time to play during the day~
Any reason you picked me over someone else?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
5. I have no idea....
That's odd. IIRC you explicitly cited the guide from mafiascum wiki.

Grump said:
And for the record... What is a hydra? Are two people using Larx-whoever's account?
Usually two person account. Yes. Two people are using the Larxene account. I suspect that J is using it in order to get her friend interested in mafia as a sort of coaching tool. Usually your partner can offer you advice and you can gain first hand experience by being a part of the action. Of course I could be mistaken about this assertion at the same time.

@Strange Hydra Lady thing?:

1. I have played with Acrostic before, and X1-12 has modded that same game.
2. Miss-lynches are no good, but some stuff CAN be gleaned from them. I guess in some cases they are a necessary evil if the scum is really good at hiding itself =/
3. They are awesome! Fewer town kills is always good.
4. I didn't know that was possible? o.O
5. I have no idea....
6. ;-; Now you're just being mean! lol

Call us Larxene dear. So you know the least amount of people it seems. Got it. Your thoughts on Mislynches seem correct. Haha it is possible if there is a Vig or another force which causes it. There is even some cases where there can be 3 NKs. Imagine that xD Lovers are conjoined people who both die when one of them are killed. They can talk during the Day phase and the Night phase iirc. Neighbours they both don't die when the other is killed. They can also talk during both the day and night phases. Neither pair know each others alignments. A Mayor is someone who can stop 1 lynch from happening before the person is killed.

A hydra is an account that holds 2 people on one account where they both team up to play. Yes Larxene has two hands which talk for her. The side that is talking now is J.

I'd rather see either one, since Its been a long time since I've been alive for a 3 man lylo and I would also like to see a game where townies just don't screw up at all. I said "misviggies" because at the very least, I'd rather have the town not kill themselves but it would be okay if a wolf kills a townie.
I forgot this was an 11 person game so on hindsight there probably won't be a vigi.

Any reason you picked me over someone else?
Still irks this girl a bit that there you said no NK but instead said Misviggie. Could be a slip, could not be. Something I will remember so you get a kunai to the foot for it. Why would it be okay if a wolf kills a townie? What are you talking about?

ALso no reason whatsoever. Just random scenario~

Usually two person account. Yes. Two people are using the Larxene account. I suspect that J is using it in order to get her friend interested in mafia as a sort of coaching tool. Usually your partner can offer you advice and you can gain first hand experience by being a part of the action. Of course I could be mistaken about this assertion at the same time.
*gong goes off* Bing-O~ You hit the nail on the head as to why we are hydraing. Good guess dude.

Also why is this game having such a slowish start?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Still irks this girl a bit that there you said no NK but instead said Misviggie. Could be a slip, could not be. Something I will remember so you get a kunai to the foot for it. Why would it be okay if a wolf kills a townie? What are you talking about?

ALso no reason whatsoever. Just random scenario~
Because its not entirely the town's fault if the wolves successfully get a nkill, but it is the town's fault for the killing oneself.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Posting in colours IS against rule 19, but it's more to stop people trying to post hidden messages that give really good breadcrumbs e.g. using img tags to hid a message. Just don't be lame with using colours and I won't have to warn/kill you

Vote count:

(2) Swiss: GiraffeLaserGun, Grump
(2) Cello_Marl: ~The Savage Nymph~, Tom
(1) Acrostic: TigerWoods
(1) ~The Savage Nymph~: Cello_Marl
(1) TigerWoods: Ryunnosuke
(4) Not voting: X1-12, Swiss, -Dourin-x-, Acrostic

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. The Deadline is set for the 27th of December, 11:59am Australian EST. That's right, Australian, deal with it.

Okay well that Vote count cleared things up quite nicely. Larxene has to be referred to by her organization name for votes to count got it and we can post in color as long as we aren't annoying. Yay!

Anywho let's apply random pressure in this game full of slowness.

Unvote
Vote: Tom

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Dourin, can you pick out 2 people who are most scummy right now? based purely on your own reads and opinions
No, I've never played with any of you so I have no idea who is playing any different than usual. I really can't see I see any of you as scummy at the moment.

Tiger, how active are you going to be during the christmas period?

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
@Swiss: I'd say that Larxene is currently coming off as town to me.

unvote vote Acrostic

I'm getting a scum read.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Swiss: I'd say that Larxene is currently coming off as town to me. unvote vote Acrostic I'm getting a scum read.
Is it vote-hopping? Oh God I hope it's not vote-hopping. Anything but vote-hopping. That's what gave me away last game.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
I understand how you could see that, but to be honest, I find that a bad read. I've seen Acrostic post outside of this game and he has the same snarkiness to him.

But it's okay, we don't have much to go by this early on.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Savage Nymph said:
Also I think i've figured you out. >;3
Please, go on. Also, please tell us what you've learned from your questions. Please. Also, you ARE going to be posting your hydra logs. Also, why are you concealing the true identity of the non-J side of your hydra?

Acrostic, your opening doesn't appear to be answering questions simply for the sake of answering questions. You are trying to progress. That's good, so you are my friend. Also, I have to manipulate people to win. That, or they have to agree with me naturally, but that tends to not happen. So, manipulate, manipulate.

Grump said:
Though I would like to think I'm very inquisitive to say the least....
Have you been busy for the last few days?

@Dourin: Talk about X1 and Swiss. Also, SN is full of crap, especially considering the identity of half of it. If we find a good lynch target, we go for it.

@Swiss: What do you think of the fact that J tried to conceal the fact that the "new" half has years of experience?

@GLG: What is Savage Nymph's alignment?

Tom, say hi to Xiivi. He said hi to you. With a vote. Bam.

@Ryu: Acrostic is town. Say it to yourself over and over until you believe it. Same for Tiger.

Ryunnosuke is town. I'm not going to explain why, since I'm pretty sure that would be against the rules. Just accept it. Let's say it's because he's been town and scum, so he's due to be town by percents.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@Swiss: What do you think of the fact that J tried to conceal the fact that the "new" half has years of experience?
I'd call them scum - push them on unwillingness to co-operate, emphasise he asked me if I was breadcrumbing and thus draws attention to a possible PR. I'd point out he tried to cast doubt on GLG whilst carefully maintaining a neutral stance on him. I'd probably read scum into some actions and get X1 to wagon with me. I'd also clear Ryu, had you not already done (prerequisite of J scum).

Something like that, anyway.

And I haven't crumbed anything, J. Nor will I be.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Lynching all liars is dependant on who the liar is. And what the lie is.

Generally speaking it's a great policy for a bad town. A good town don't need to impose such measure on themselves. I do not advocate lying as a townie, though. You, Dourin, won't lie in this game, feel free to withhold certain parts of the truth if necessary - though this is only really needed if you are a power role (such as investigating me N1 as cop, getting an innocent, and not telling everyone - just say you have a town read on me).

Lynching a lurker D1 is great, but how can you tell if the player is lurking or inactive? Lynching an inactive isn't great. ToDay we'll be lynching someone scummy, lurking in itself is a scummy action and so by lynching the person we find scummiest we may well lynch a lurker. I hate lurkers and will go out of my way to find reasons to get them lynched anyway, so stay active.

Tell me what you think about Nymph/J/Larxene. The account is going to be referred to as 'Nymph' or 'NM' from now - for ease of voting and reference. Multiple accepted names could lead to confusion.

Also, respond to Cello.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
It might be snarkiness.
I apologize, I was being rude. I have decided to dedicate my next life to an existence of constructive posts that aren't based on empty assertions.

@Swiss: I'd say that Larxene is currently coming off as town to me.
I disagree. Larxene reeks of scum to me. Even though it seems like she is posting a lot, it just seems to be a mix of personal roleplay and crap. Roleplaying in a mafia thread is just a waste and seems to be an excellent tactic to avoid questions. Seems like typical scum-play to me.

What do you think?

Ryunnosuke said:
I'm getting a scum read.
I am curious to know what you read as scum if that is the correct interpretation of a "scum read." Was I changing votes or making baseless assertions? I'm sorry. Bad habits from the last game when I was scum.

Top Bottom