• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beam Sword Changes?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
We all know the beam sword was changed drastically in the transition from SSB to SSBM.

SSB Beam Sword:
http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/ss_ssb_luigi_3.jpg
A long standard bludgeoning item. Great for throwing also.

SSBM Beam Sword:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1207/sword_110.jpg
A sword that varies in length depending on the user. Some characters get a super long sword while others get a more dagger-like beam.

Now what should we expect in SSBB? The original, single-length sword, or the newer varying length sword that is near useless in the hands of certain characters?

Personally, I would like to see the original beam sword back, just with a newer look.

Post your thoughts an opinions on the Beam Sword in Brawl.

note: if a topic like this has already been created then please lock this with my appologies

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I like the old one too. When you threw it, it was so powerful and made a wonderful "slash" sound. Now it's very weak when thrown and makes a little nick sound.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I'd also like to see the sword in it's original length from SSB. There wasn't really any point in making the sword retractable in Melee except for making it more compact. Give the beam sword from SSB a graphical update and you have a nice/deadly looking item.

It would also be nice if they had other beam swords that came in a lovely variety of colors, as well as the classic pink.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I personally like the idea of the sword being different for every character, the same in length, just diffenent..

Every character would have a sword dance like attack, with many possible different combinations..
Swordsmen would have very strong sword attacks, characters like sheik or ZSS would have combo able attacks with little lag and start up, and characters like donkey kong would have little to no use of it, because It would be weak with them, but if you threw it with the behimoths, it would become a strong killing weapon...

Any thoughts on this idea???

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I personally like the idea of the sword being different for every character, the same in length, just diffenent..

Every character would have a sword dance like attack, with many possible different combinations..
Swordsmen would have very strong sword attacks, characters like sheik or ZSS would have combo able attacks with little lag and start up, and characters like donkey kong would have little to no use of it, because It would be weak with them, but if you threw it with the behimoths, it would become a strong killing weapon...

Any thoughts on this idea???
I like the idea. clap clap.

Toomai

Smash Ace
I kind of like the variable length, because it makes it more unpredictable. I don't think the damage changes much either.

I'd like it if the colour also changed depending on who was holding it.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hmm, thanks for the feedback, and don't let this thread die people, this can be a good discussion on a very specific item, and who knows, if we kept this alive till release, we would be able to come back and look at all the stuff we said that was right, wrong, and tell others who do not get it by release...

Anyways, Good luck to this thread, I think I will go start another thread..

Flying @ Wii Level

Smash Rookie
Hmm...expanding on the "different sizes" idea...

maybe there could be 2 different beam swords. They'd be different colors, and of course, they'd have their different personalities.

Colten

Smash Cadet
:: The old one was awesome! It was my favourite weapon, I would even take people out with hammers with it! ::​

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
I think it would most likely be annoying, but maybe if the length of it were random? i think they could really go far with this weapon, considering its the only sword weapon (that we know of so far)

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
I think that they should keep it with the old one, the idea of it having different characteristics for each character is good BUT the Smash series is known for it's easy-to-pick-up-ness and everything being mostly self-explanatory. I think anything else would make it too complicated.

Top Bottom