• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BDacus useful for falcon?

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Well, I got right on this and started testing a while ago. So far there's nothing too impressive. Certainly nothing guarenteed at kill percents.

Saving a frame is always useful, but considering that all of Falcon's dthrow/grab release/whatever --> usmash are only guarenteed possible, this doesn't really change all that much. At low percents, you're about as likely to just hit with your hyphen smash.

Of course, the laggy smashes provide some potential as the BDacus out of their ending animations is very easy. I haven't been trying anything out of smashes... A low percent fmash/dsmash --> BDacus hitstring (more than likely not a combo) would be nice.

Player-3

Smash Hero
no it's not knee

wario and sheik have that length normal dacus's

i meant different from normal dacus

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i pulled this off more than once only one top tier characters like falco,snake,wario,and Dedede its safe to a certain point of the match i hav some vids on you tube or the vid thread check em out.i feel after a failed kill attempt the bdacus gives you a second chance to kill so i say i sav that for when i hav no other option to kill with out anyone knowing wats going to happen next.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
There are other characters besides those two Lord quoted with longer BDacus, that's true. But Falcon isn't one them. I used the lines on the W-ifi waiting stage's ground to judge. He goes nearly the exact same distance.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
no it's not knee

wario and sheik have that length normal dacus's

i meant different from normal dacus
There are other characters besides those two Lord quoted with longer BDacus, that's true. But Falcon isn't one them. I used the lines on the W-ifi waiting stage's ground to judge. He goes nearly the exact same distance.
@P-3, yes it is.

@Omega, alright. Then this thread can be locked.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
No.
Craft something out of this.
Like for instance if you forget to d-air properly, and suffer lag this would be an interesting follow up option.

Player-3

Smash Hero
no knee, it is the same

okay so their bdacuses have super length.... but so do their normal dacuses so it doesn't matter <__<

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy is really the only character that gets any boost from their normal dacus, Falco's is a bit longer than his normal dacus. ALL Bdacuses are faster b/c it's buffered. Most characters get a very very very slight boost compared to their hypen smash/DACUS that it isn't even relevant.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
If this is worth anything at all then utilize it to cover yourself if you end up getting lag from an aerial.
Its better than receiving lag and then getting punished, cause that is something that Falcon cannot afford.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
If this is worth anything at all then utilize it to cover yourself if you end up getting lag from an aerial.
Its better than receiving lag and then getting punished, cause that is something that Falcon cannot afford.
The spacing rarely works out for BDacus out of an aerial. The only one I can think off the top of my head is an RAR sourspot Knee (or another aerial, fair is just the laggiest) that you use too low and slide from; you could BDacus from that and it would probably hit....

And that's kind of convoluted. RAR sourspot knee outside of edge game?

yoshq

Smash Master
i pulled this off more than once only one top tier characters like falco,snake,wario,and Dedede its safe to a certain point of the match i hav some vids on you tube or the vid thread check em out.i feel after a failed kill attempt the bdacus gives you a second chance to kill so i say i sav that for when i hav no other option to kill with out anyone knowing wats going to happen next.
where?

asdfasdf

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
You might as well just Hyphen Smash. There's only the barest hint of a difference.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
The spacing rarely works out for BDacus out of an aerial. The only one I can think off the top of my head is an RAR sourspot Knee (or another aerial, fair is just the laggiest) that you use too low and slide from; you could BDacus from that and it would probably hit....

And that's kind of convoluted. RAR sourspot knee outside of edge game?
I was saying that if you ever know that you messed up and you will have landing lag, this option is greater than or equal to suffering the lag.
I simply believe that the validity of this move in tournament play is a bit higher than most of the things uncovered here, because of that reason alone.

wait what

Darx?

??!!?!
Hey everybody,
I was looking back over some of the things I did over the past year, and one of them was coming to Smashboards frequently. I realize that when I left I was extremely angry with everyone. I apologize for anything I did to anger any of the people here. Those who are inactive, or don't see this post, I'm sorry for apologizing so late.
I plan on still being inactive, since I have dropped Smash altogether but I wish you all the best of luck with what you do.

<3 to ToKneeOrNotToKnee and Player-3

--DarX--
Viva La Revolution

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
This is wat i found out with Bdacus and hyphen usmash if done right the usmash will come out faster meaning sometimes insted of one hit you get both hits try it out yourselfs its really good against mk.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
BDACUS comes out faster? Huh, you mean the attack animation starts sooner or something? Because I see no difference...

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Just use jab out of lag instead of this, it takes a lot of startup and is only good for a surprise action imo.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
BDACUS comes out faster? Huh, you mean the attack animation starts sooner or something? Because I see no difference...
Bufferring always saves you a frame. If you BDacus out of Knee lag (which in my opinion is the only time it's worth doing), you save two--or is it three?--frames.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
no knee, it is the same

okay so their bdacuses have super length.... but so do their normal dacuses so it doesn't matter <__<
Fair enough. Point taken.

I was wrong.

Also, hey there Darx! <3

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Indeed, my friend. Indeed.

But life goes on.
lolswf.
haha
for the time being
i think im back
but i won't stay long cause i have too much crap to do in my life besides this

i personally think that this is one of the best findings falcon can use in my history of being here

simply cause it makes landing unpredictable

edit:
i think we should celebrate a bit on the rebirth of my account
just a bit

Top Bottom