• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR's Match-up Chart for Pit

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I played Snake for most of my time as a smasher and only recently picked up Pit, but I've always though that Pit had a slight advantage on Snake.

Also I don't think MK is that bad a matchup. I don't think it's significantly harder than Marth or GW

but i'm a newer Pit, so take it or leave it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I actually think Marth is a lot easier for MOST matchups than people think. He's not that hard to maneuver around and mindgame considering he doesn't have any gimmicks besides his tipper and platform canceling !@#$.

But yea, welcome to the Pit boards. Keep reppin him man. I think you've got the right idea. MK is still pretty bad though. I've been struggling with it, and I think I'll just keep using Wario for the MK matchup.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i get wrecked by marth's a lot harder than MK right now...but thats mostly because i dont understand what to do in the match up. I guess camp moar or something. Marth just has that magic sword that has more range and comes out quicker than everything pit has. i have a marth set that i'm going to link here as soon as it gets uploaded where i kind of get wrecked so hopefully i can get some advice.

against MK it just requires patience. I've only played against one really good MK though. but he is legit good, and it didn't seem THAT bad. maybe he sandbags lol

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It might very well be his style that you're good against. Believe me, RTSD MKs that have played in tournaments non stop with that bat like Ally and M2K make it hell for poor Pit.

But it's not impossible.

As for Marth, I suggest learning what moves of yours can pierce the heavens his range and get in. Don't be hesitant to spam arrows when needed, but when he's about mid-range from you, I'd start to mix-up with well-timed spot-dodges, short hop air-dodges and approaches that keep you relatively safe.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
yo yo yo yo

Snake ain't in yo advantage yo

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
RTSD?

/10char
sorry, using mvc3 lingo nowz.

Rush that !@#$ down.

Esca, play me with your best shot, with Snake, I will totally raep it without even tryin :awesome:

(plug to get some wifi attention myself)

Edit: To be fair, I've advocated the MU to be even, not Pit's favor (but I love the MU so I dunno, guess it's just me, just like it's just you guys... *sigh* )...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've found it goes about even as far as camping goes if the snake knows how.

We force him to approach better though.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Pit outcamps Snake. Snake's grenades hardly make a good camping game as we can throw them back if they aren't cooked or shield them and continue to arrow if they are and not to mention reflect them. If both players have the patience of St. Peter, Snake will end up with more damage.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Pit outcamps Snake. Snake's grenades hardly make a good camping game as we can throw them back if they aren't cooked or shield them and continue to arrow if they are and not to mention reflect them. If both players have the patience of St. Peter, Snake will end up with more damage.
Eh not really in the end its even if the snake knows how imo. It's practically an art for snake to do it well thought. It's that hard. A previous snake main Radix who played ramen frequently use to be good at it. But like i said he's gonna want to approach anyways as that's where he does better against us.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Meh...w/e. In the end dmg wise its even...which makes the camping even imo cuz snake kills earlier. We can camp him all day but if we're at 100 and die at 100 and hes at 120 and dies at 200 i mean...that's pretty even to me.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it is physically impossible for snake to outcamp us. just wingdash in place when the nade looks like it is almost within range of hitting you with the explosion box and it puffs it back towards snake. all it takes is wingdash practice to make snake's nades useless from any camp worthy distance. whereas our arrows can't be stopped except shield. we should always force the approach and never get hit by a single nade from long distance.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Yeah, Snake can't outcamp us. We already eliminate a big part of his game, but the biggest problem we have is his Chuck Norris strength jabs and tilts. They have ridiculous range and have some serious knockback. I think the part we need to focus on is the close range combat, as it's already been established that Pit outcamps Snake.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
... dez.... lol. although i do understand that rob's ftilt is god, and his dtilt is bs, hell even his utilt is effectively an aa move, pit just eats through him... *looks at dez confused*

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I can't seem to figure out how to punish Ike's Fair. Jabs, jabs, jabs.... If only Ike didn't have good abs...

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
... dez.... lol. although i do understand that rob's ftilt is god, and his dtilt is bs, hell even his utilt is effectively an aa move, pit just eats through him... *looks at dez confused*
play totallyberto's rob online if you have a good connection and you'll understand; it's just incredibly ANNOYING.

He eats through him if the ROB isn't effectively gimping Pit every chance he gets. I always try to go for gimps in every match up though, so I guess it's just me being outgimped. I actually had to fight him with arrows in order to make him get his share of stock-losses in our friendlies.

It's not that I have trouble with ROB, I'm just made well aware of and respect his range. I'd rather fight Marth, honestly. At least that pretty !@#$% doesn't have a gyro and lasers to accelerate his movement and range even further, on top of tilts. @_@

Anyways, I learned the MU much better with those matches, it went down to the wire a lot, and I won quite a few 2-stocked matches with him 2-stocking me with gimps. It was... intense.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I can't seem to figure out how to punish Ike's Fair. Jabs, jabs, jabs.... If only Ike didn't have good abs...
You don't, lol--you counter the move by running under it, rolling behind, or doing what Kuro said and pivot arrowing.

Top Bottom