• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR's Match-up Chart for Pit

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@lenus
you don't think those match ups are in our favor? we got CGs on them both: fox up to 34% and wolf up to 47%.

we gimp them easy but we don't get gimped easy.

our jab just owns poor fox as he can't do anything about it. plus dtilt outranges him hard. plus we beat him in the air

as for wolf, well it's wolf. for having a better stage game than fox does against us he has the easiest recovery to gimp ever.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
@lenus
you don't think those match ups are in our favor? we got CGs on them both: fox up to 34% and wolf up to 47%.

our jab just owns poor fox as he can't do anything about it. plus dtilt outranges him hard. plus we beat him in the air

as for wolf, well it's wolf. for having a better stage game than fox does against us he has the easiest recovery to gimp ever.
That's not what I asked. I asked what the Foxes and Wolfs arguments were: whether they agree to +1 our favor.

I do think its slightly our favor, I'm just surprised since in the past they wouldn't budge on it being even.

DarthPika

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure pika is exactly even. I think if anything, I would think it's slightly in his favor. Or... maybe I'm just bad at this game. -_-

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
you can escape his fthrow cg by di-ing backwards, jumping, and then immediately woi-ing. just make sure you retreat when you do or he'll still be able to get ya with a grab or something else fast

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I know this will take a long time but you should of put a link to all of the pics so it can help lol

Like if I click MK it will go to the Pit vs MK matchup :o

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Personally to me Pit goes even with Snake and Icies. I can see Snake being 55:45 but its a pretty close match and is stage dependent since Snake relies on control

What do the Ice Climber's necessarily have on Pit?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
@lenus

Wolf's lean on their side b recovery which isn't easy to gimp since it can scar THROUGH stages like SV and BF.

I'm not sure pika is exactly even. I think if anything, I would think it's slightly in his favor. Or... maybe I'm just bad at this game. -_-
It's pretty much even. A matchup like this doesn't have a definite winner.

you can escape his fthrow cg by di-ing backwards, jumping, and then immediately woi-ing. just make sure you retreat when you do or he'll still be able to get ya with a grab or something else fast
Pikachu doesn't even have a significant cg on Pit.

I know this will take a long time but you should of put a link to all of the pics so it can help lol

Like if I click MK it will go to the Pit vs MK matchup :o
How bout ya stop being lazy.

Personally to me Pit goes even with Snake and Icies. I can see Snake being 55:45 but its a pretty close match and is stage dependent since Snake relies on control

What do the Ice Climber's necessarily have on Pit?
They have a cg and that's pretty much it lol. If we don't get grabbed we win. Their uair sharking through platforms is pretty good and their bair is alright, but most of their crap on the ground is gonna be desyncing pressure to get you into a grab. Honestly, you could kill nana and then camp popo until the timer runs out because he is trash.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wolf's lean on their side b recovery which isn't easy to gimp since it can scar THROUGH stages like SV and BF.

It's pretty much even. A matchup like this doesn't have a definite winner.

Pikachu doesn't even have a significant cg on Pit.

How bout ya stop being lazy.

They have a cg and that's pretty much it lol. If we don't get grabbed we win. Their uair sharking through platforms is pretty good and their bair is alright, but most of their crap on the ground is gonna be desyncing pressure to get you into a grab. Honestly, you could kill nana and then camp popo until the timer runs out because he is trash.
Lmao im so gonna try to develop this.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I understand that the olimars actually pushed for it to be even, however how did the wolfs/foxes argue? Did they see it as our advantage or did Pits push for it?
Quoting myself since no one answered the actual question. Gonna ask in the main thread too.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure they arent allowed to release the arguments/reasons.
I thought in the original thread they planned on having people who participated oversee and comment on the topic.

If what you say is true, the BBR is being childish.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
We're allowed to discuss arguments and reasons. We're just not allowed to directly quote material or give you guys' names of people who discussed X or Y.

So like if you say "Why is Pikachu even with us, he should -+1", then I will say it's because there are simply not enough matches played at high levels with Pikachu, let alone enough high-level Pikas in general TO play. The pika panel got us to go down to even because of this, and I generally didn't mind myself.

So let's look at Snake. He is listed as a -1 because we were not able to agree with eachother. Pits all think it's even. Snakes all think it's their favor. So it went down to a final panel that were not mains/apart of our panels of either character to make an unbiased tie-break, and those people are healthy contributers to the meta-game themselves beyond just maining one character. They had a lot to work with, including our arguments that we can not directly quote up front.

So I'm saying that my panel was not strong enough to push for it to be even. Snakes had a lot more representation, and got one directly relatable and high-level Pit main to agree with them. But we never got a relatable high-level Snake main to agree with us.

And you all see KOOLAID on that list. Of course he thinks it's even or our favor. :/

In any case, if you guys want to discuss specific matchups and why they are rated the way they are, this is about as far as I can go. We can still discuss and do matchup exports, and you're more than welcome to ask the Snake boards (or any others for that matter) about matchups you disagree with in order to get a wider ranged opinion.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Also, double post @ Lenus:

Fox mains agreed to us, we didn't have much argument there at all.

Wolf mains however did have some disagreements (we as far as wolf goes had him at +2 originally but that seemed a bit much)... We moved down to +1, but they wanted even. They met us halfway in other words. I think Wolves think that they have good priority and speed in the air to give Pit trouble more than anything. Their blaster I've argued on multiple accounts is not very efficient or useful in the matchup. But that wasn't the sole thing that determined our +2 originally.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Also, double post @ Lenus:

Fox mains agreed to us, we didn't have much argument there at all.

Wolf mains however did have some disagreements (we as far as wolf goes had him at +2 originally but that seemed a bit much)... We moved down to +1, but they wanted even. They met us halfway in other words. I think Wolves think that they have good priority and speed in the air to give Pit trouble more than anything. Their blaster I've argued on multiple accounts is not very efficient or useful in the matchup. But that wasn't the sole thing that determined our +2 originally.
Thank you very much. I wasnt expecting copy and paste jobs, just an understanding of what generally was said. I have been noticing a trend however... and your comments basically prove it. Which is a good thing for pit mains haha...

Im gonna make a right up later... most likely next week after finals

fUddO

Smash Ace
He is definately easier, from my experience. Playing against him just requires a different style from playing a Marth, GaW, etc.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
He is definately easier, from my experience. Playing against him just requires a different style from playing a Marth, GaW, etc.
Play someone who plays as gay as M@$kY and then say that. The fact that he can juggle us like mk,kill us like snake(or better with waft), out manuever like marth, and takes forever to kill like D3 even with bair is why its harder IMO. Ill fight a mk all day over wario cuz i can kill a mk at 100-110. While wario shouldnt be dying till 140-160 with good DI. If he gets a stock lead as well it officially becomes HELL to deal with. However, if you get the stock lead it makes things ALOT easier.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I've only played good Olimars online(Fino & Dabuz). From what Fino has told me--the matchup is @ least even, but I feel Pit has the advantage by a little. Olimar's grab comes out on frame 11 & our frame 5 jab is enough to beat it out. We can pretty much space and zone Olimar out w/ our aerials/AR/MS/arrows. The only thing Olimar has up on Pit is his grab range & KO power. When I learned more of the matchup, I could go slightly even w/ Fino, but I lost to Dabuz hardcore, lol--but that's because they are both better players than me. If we were even in skill level, Pit should come out on top.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
pit vs. olimar is even, on the ground, olimar camps evenly with pit, but we out-space and zone pit SO WELL ON THE GROUND, in the air/ anytime pit gets olimar off stage, pit has lots of ease safely following and punishing olimar in the air, an olimar on the ledge vs. pit is in a horrible situation and being in the air as olimar almost guarantees good damage to get tacked on

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've only played good Olimars online(Fino & Dabuz). From what Fino has told me--the matchup is @ least even, but I feel Pit has the advantage by a little. Olimar's grab comes out on frame 11 & our frame 5 jab is enough to beat it out. We can pretty much space and zone Olimar out w/ our aerials/AR/MS/arrows. The only thing Olimar has up on Pit is his grab range & KO power. When I learned more of the matchup, I could go slightly even w/ Fino, but I lost to Dabuz hardcore, lol--but that's because they are both better players than me. If we were even in skill level, Pit should come out on top.
pit vs. olimar is even, on the ground, olimar camps evenly with pit, but we out-space and zone pit SO WELL ON THE GROUND, in the air/ anytime pit gets olimar off stage, pit has lots of ease safely following and punishing olimar in the air, an olimar on the ledge vs. pit is in a horrible situation and being in the air as olimar almost guarantees good damage to get tacked on
Hmmm you know i made an olimar mu thread right? How come no1 posted in there when i made that.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
olimar boards are lazy and my name searches didn't lead me there
Well i'd appreciate if you would at least post some info on it from your experience/opinions so i can get better consensus on stages/strategies/etc etc.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I've played a few lucarios, and my room mate seconded him for a while before he stopped playing me for a while. It's definitely an even matchup. That's one of the ones I pushed for, and the Lucarios agreed on it. We originally had a +1, but I feel Luc isn't as easy as Fox, persay, due to his aura.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've played a few lucarios, and my room mate seconded him for a while before he stopped playing me for a while. It's definitely an even matchup. That's one of the ones I pushed for, and the Lucarios agreed on it. We originally had a +1, but I feel Luc isn't as easy as Fox, persay, due to his aura.
Ya its definitely even. No clear cut advantage.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeah, when I play Junebug, it doesn't seem like Lucario is overwhelming and Pit has no clear advantage either. It's usually determined by who dies first when facing lucario.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Both panels said they had a +1 on each other. :p

So we said even as a middle ground.

Esca

Smash Champion
I honestly think Pit has advantage over Lucario. You just have to be really precise, and don't get hit by 1 fsmash.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Thanks for your clarification. Like I said, we pushed for an even mu at least, and you agreed to it.
Yeah and no really had a problem with it being even.

We actually thought the reason both sides said advantage on each other was lack of experience.

My Pit experience is pretty limited, for example. So I tried to use my best judgment at first and then changed when we had a disagreement.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Lucario is pretty slow on the ground and he will be camping against Pit for the most part, which is where arrow looping comes in. You go for a direct attack while the arrow is looping as Lucario is charging up his aura shere and eventually the arrow hits Lucario, giving Pit a perfect opportunity to hit Lucario with a free Bair. I believe that you can WOI uncharged aura shere and Fsmash Lucario to the face as well after a cancelled wing dashGenerally, Lucario relies on the auras sphere to deal out the damage, and that's where the angel ring and mirror shield come in, if you have good reaction time. Is it possible for Pit to use the WOP on Lucario with multiple Fairs?

The matchup I'm having issues with is Pikachu

-Pikachu's size
-Annoying thunder shocks
-Difficult to gimp
-Pit get's gimped by an thunder shock if your not careful
-Difficult to pull combos off.

So far, all I can come up with is Dair to camp out Pikachu and jab Oos.

Top Bottom