• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #27: Lucas

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Lol I'm glad someone else thinks this too -.-

Never realized how horrible this fight is until recently. And D3 and Snake just... live way too long.
I've been sayying it for so long! D:<
i have a question: Are there any Lucas in the BBR? I dont think so because i dont know of any =x

if we dont we need one D;
Not that I know of lol.

Unless, you count like NL or smthg.
Galeon was at MLG Columbus. He lost to Kel and Vinnie...unfortunate.

BTW, pikachu can gimp lucas with uair footstool repeat. We can make you go down low enough that you can't reach the edge. I've done if a few times. 55:45 Pikachu.
hmm.

sounds interesting.

Are you coming to DC?

We should MM :D

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i still have to play a really good DK to say it is Lucas' worst MU
imo Snake is the hardest
and my personal hardest is Peach
Lucas does ok vs Pikachu, Olimar, ICs... maybe DDK...

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Hmm it upsets me that my name isn't being thrown around in here. OR Mekos'.

As far as i can tell, the best Lucas' are (in no particular order bc they are all VERY close):
Pink Fresh
Galeon
Nasty
Mekos
FAE (if he gets more IRL tourney experience).

BUT this isn't the place to discuss who has the best Lucas. I still think Pikachu/Lucas is 50:50 and i believe IC's/Lucas is also 50:50. Diddy wins slightly and so does Olimar.

IMO, Lucas won't be moving up on the tier list, but he also shouldn't be moving down.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Is Grab Release to Utilt really not guaranteed for Snake? It goes pretty far lol...I don't think we slide far enough from it.

Really? I though we get ***** by DDDs (at least thats what i thought)
Haha yea that's probably just my opinion. I just really like the DDD match-up for some reason.

As far as i can tell, the best Lucas' are (in no particular order bc they are all VERY close):
Pink Fresh
Galeon
Nasty
Mekos
haha sorry Nasty. It's just I've seen more vids of PF and Galeon. =x

KoozyK

Smash Ace

Pink Fresh
Galeon
Nasty
Mekos

BUT this isn't the place to discuss who has the best Lucas. I still think Pikachu/Lucas is 50:50 and i believe IC's/Lucas is also 50:50. Diddy wins slightly and so does Olimar.

IMO, Lucas won't be moving up on the tier list, but he also shouldn't be moving down.
im with you dude, u and mekos are definitely up there. i promise on my life im about to be in this group soon though..
ive finally got a respected game now. i just need one tourney to prove myself....and a car to get there since im stuck at ECU and my mom wont let me have mine here :'(

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If galeon ever posted he could agree with me

@PF Sure, lets MM. I'll destroy you :3

I'll get a vid up next time I do it to him.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Is Grab Release to Utilt really not guaranteed for Snake?
Against Snake, Lucas slides just far enough where he can't get hit by u-tilt when you DI away. I always DI away @ >100 %
At lower percents, you should vary your DI on prediction in case he decides to f-tilt (which you may be able to DI behind him, but if he reads that, he turns around and does it again :X)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
BTW, snake can also inch forward a few frames and then U-tilt, he doesn't have to buffer it or anything.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

Pink Fresh
Galeon
Nasty
Mekos

Man, what about NinjaLink? I think his Lucas is scary.

Also, agreed. I personally don't think Lucas should be going up BUT...I think Ike needs to be ahead of him, at least. Bowser needs to not be so high. (why is he even so high..? is he one of those "they look good on paper but not playing-wise"?)

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master

@PF Sure, lets MM. I'll destroy you :3

haha, This'll be interesting. how much?

I'm fine w/ any amount tbh.
BTW, snake can also inch forward a few frames and then U-tilt, he doesn't have to buffer it or anything.
He'd have to inch forward for four frames, then utilt.

He doesn't cover enough space in four frames.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
PF, 5-20$, whatever you want.

Also, NL is mad aggressive...but also campy. Galeon never uses that many PK Fires against me, nor does he keep magnets out and hit me with them...it is weird.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FML this is my second time writing this due to the fact the page refreshed right when I was done T__T

Anyways let's get back to this. I thought this discussion was alot more positive then I was thinking it was going to be. I was ready to come guns ablazing but then found there really wasn't that much to go off of fixing wise. ^^"

I don't think at the end of the day he's horrible or anything, but he's a clear low tier, and among low tiers, I just can't see him as better than Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Link. Middle of low tier seems about right for him; he just fits right into this crowd. Low tiers aren't horrible in this game; they just aren't as good as most of the rest of the cast.
Yoshi I can understand but only due to tournament placing atm. But Jigglypuff and Link? Nooo way. Lucas should stay at the top of Low tier.

Psi-magnet heals are INSANE and he can actually still collect a heal after dropping the psi-magnet and ROLLING AWAY. That is to say, it absorbs when the psi-magnet graphic is no longer out and he is in the middle of a roll animation. It's ********.
PSI-Magnet <3 That is such a sexy item especially in doubles. Def high tier there but I better stop with the doubles talk. I can go on for a while x3 He just heals ALOT and the magnet is just awesome in itself.

Yeah, he is the best low-tier IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas should stay in literally the same spot. Bowser deserves to go below him and Ike deserves to go above him. Nothing else should really change. No other current LT besides Ike is going above him (For lucas is the 2nd most deserving character to get out of LT) and no character above him aside from Bowser is going below him.
ESAM is awesome! <33333 This is exactly my thought.

He's in a pretty good spot. I do think Yoshi could probably move above him as well, but apart from Ike and Yoshi, he's better than every other character he's above atm imo.
Yea he is better than all the characters below (including Bowser)...idk about Yoshi being above him though =x

Thank you ESAM very much ;D sorry for bothering ya ^^" I'm just curious is all really.

For the best Lucas' it would most likely be these guys:

PinkFresh
Nasty
Mekos
FAE
Ninjalink
Galeon

Put them in any order ;3

IMHO I think ESAM has it down as to where Lucas should be. Bowser should be below him and Ike should be above him so he would be exactly the same position. If you guys do the enlarged mid-tier Lucas should move up with Ike and possibly Yoshi (from reading that discussion). Overall I really don't have much to say ^^" shocking a bit for myself but i really cannot think of anything to nitpick. Besides's AA's post which PF already did.

Good job BBR and i'm curious on what the tier list will look like.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I disagree. If someone is going to be moved into mid-tier, it would be Yoshi before Lucas.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord

Also, NL is mad aggressive...but also campy. Galeon never uses that many PK Fires against me, nor does he keep magnets out and hit me with them...it is weird.
Yeah, and i played Nick Riddle in a few friendlies. I thought my play style was similar to both of their lucas' but it turns out it's quite different. Riddle told me that Galeon never uses dash attacks but i throw them in there to mix things up. I'm sure if you play PF and me, you'll find we all have different styles that all work very well.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master

I'll see how much I have whenever we see each other.

I'm gunning for $20.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Will do sir.

And yeah, Yoshi and Lucas seem to be on even footing...but if I'm going to compare players that I kjnow that can represent the current metagame, I think Polt does better than Galeon, so Yoshi would be 1 spot above him, whether low tier or not.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Or we can do a Manly MM.

First to 5 dollars

Every match or set (we can decide) you get 1 dollar. Lets say you have 3 dollars, and I win once. I don't get a dollar, you go down to 2. It is a good way to learn the match-up.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Or we can do a Manly MM.

First to 5 dollars

Every match or set (we can decide) you get 1 dollar. Lets say you have 3 dollars, and I win once. I don't get a dollar, you go down to 2. It is a good way to learn the match-up.
I personally prefer to do B*tch-Up MM's. The loser of the set has to do push ups while saying how much better the other person is than him.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
But I don't want to take your money AND get you to do that stuff. That's just overkill.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
I personally prefer to do B*tch-Up MM's. The loser of the set has to do push ups while saying how much better the other person is than him.
i like this, ESAMs idea is really goo tho too. .....newsflash my Brawl copy is offically broken....overplayed it and it burned out...wtf

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Manly MM.
B*tch-Up MM's.
the only way to settle this is with a funny match. the loser has to laugh at the ****test jokes the winner can come up (no matter how horrible the joke is, loser has to laugh). 3 jokes for 2/3 matches and 5 jokes for 3/5 matches

and kris don't feel bad my wii can't read brawl and i lost my brawl copy earlier this year. no big deal cause i don't play brawl anymore :bee:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I decided to watch the video at the start of the thread, and I can see why this person is called one of the greatest users of lucas. I must admit, i was proud of myself to no end to spot at least a few mistakes i wouldn't have made in this person's place... I guess it means i'm ok at lucas. :)

I would love to meet a challenge, and i mean it seriously. I'm sick of beating everyone i come up against first time, so i'd love to meet a higher level lucas player to help me get better as lucas. I Should try and keep in touch better, but i can only really get on to the forums on Wednesdays, so any communications with anyone usually has to wait until then.

I really am hoping someone who plays like that will listen to me: I want to get serious, enter tournaments, and all that kind of stuff. Since my main is definitely lucas, and he is my best.... It would be great to get in touch.

Aside from that, i guess i'll really participate in the discussion, if i find anything i disagree with. I'm not very technical, so i find a lot of terms confusing.

One more thing. Does anyone ever bother switching between PK Thunder 1 and 2? You know, setting it up as though you are PK thunder 2-ing, but quickly turn it so it goes above you and in to the character? Either way, a shield will block it, but you can use more suttle ways of putting it in a position where the person doesn't think to block....

KoozyK

Smash Ace
I decided to watch the video at the start of the thread, and I can see why this person is called one of the greatest users of lucas. I must admit, i was proud of myself to no end to spot at least a few mistakes i wouldn't have made in this person's place... I guess it means i'm ok at lucas. :)

I would love to meet a challenge, and i mean it seriously. I'm sick of beating everyone i come up against first time, so i'd love to meet a higher level lucas player to help me get better as lucas. I Should try and keep in touch better, but i can only really get on to the forums on Wednesdays, so any communications with anyone usually has to wait until then.

I really am hoping someone who plays like that will listen to me: I want to get serious, enter tournaments, and all that kind of stuff. Since my main is definitely lucas, and he is my best.... It would be great to get in touch.

Aside from that, i guess i'll really participate in the discussion, if i find anything i disagree with. I'm not very technical, so i find a lot of terms confusing.

One more thing. Does anyone ever bother switching between PK Thunder 1 and 2? You know, setting it up as though you are PK thunder 2-ing, but quickly turn it so it goes above you and in to the character? Either way, a shield will block it, but you can use more suttle ways of putting it in a position where the person doesn't think to block....
1) if i were u i would go directly at the shield when using pkt1. wrap around and shield pressure the fool.

2)also, playing dittos against a good lucas is hard as ****kkkkkkk. i literally have headaches afterwards whenever i do it. you have to mindgame, read, and punish wayyy to much.
i personally hate it but will do it everyonce in a while.

3)u gots to put questions like these in the Q&A thread bro. :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
1) if i were u i would go directly at the shield when using pkt1. wrap around and shield pressure the fool.

2)also, playing dittos against a good lucas is hard as ****kkkkkkk. i literally have headaches afterwards whenever i do it. you have to mindgame, read, and punish wayyy to much.
i personally hate it but will do it everyonce in a while.

3)u gots to put questions like these in the Q&A thread bro. :)
for 1: touche.

2:do you mean from lucas's point of view or the opponent? I can't quite understand that.

3:Yeah... Still too new for my own liking.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
If he's playing dittos, I'd assume it'd be from Lucas' point of view ;)

But IMO, Lucas dittos / Lucas Ness are some of the funnest MUs in the game. So intense.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Me and my bro play together, and we've had some pretty fun battles. One time, he was ness and i was lucas, and we just kept rolling and using the occasional PK fire or bat until we got one another. Ahhh, good times, good times.....

Top Bottom