• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Bayonetta Match-Up Thread!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Hahahaha, dude, are you kidding? I mained ROB for several months before I picked up Bayo, and I've fought several Bayos as ROB, and I assure you his projectiles are not the god-tier anti-Bayo superweapons you seem to thing they are.
Not anti-Bayo, anti-BC.

Laser and Gyro do NOT deal a lot of damage. They're more, "occasional annoyance/free neutral win"-type projectiles rather than actual damage-rackers, and neither of them kill.
Gyro and Laser have decent amount of damage for a projectile, projectiles in the game are generally weaker but these two give ROB a good time countering BC.

ROB HAS to get close to do anything meaningful; with most characters, he achieves this by harassing them from a distance to force an approach, but Bullet Climax has enough range and damage that Bayo doesn't ever need to approach except to get a kill (against characters who are both huge and not fast, like ROB). He can try to annoy Bayo with lasers, but at the end of the day she will get much more damage off of the projectile trading. So ROB will have to approach eventually, and Bullet Climax conveniently almost completely shuts down his approach options.
Oh no, we have another person who overrates BC. Please. Are you gonna tell me Bayonetta can just spam BC for 80% of the match? Are you saying we can out zone ROB with just BC?
ARE YOU SAYING BULLET CLIMAX IS BETTER THAN LASER AND GYRO COMBINED????
The way I see it is his argument hinges on:
The ROB can't counter BC because good Bayonetta is so unstoppable with it.
The ROB is unable to guess Bayonetta's next move as a patience Bayonetta is unpredictable.
Tall characters are unable to counter it so the move is super safe and spammable.
Players can't adapt against spamming.
This is the equivalent of saying Bayo's multijab is bad because it has no follow-ups. You're missing the point; it doesn't NEED follow-ups, because it already does a crap-ton of damage on its own. Except in Bullet Climax's case, it has low enough endlag that it can't be punished by slow characters if properly spaced, even if it's completely blocked.
"Crap-ton of damage" it is 1.35% per shot, not counting stale move. You can shield between shots.

From now on, I will endlessly spam BC and only approach for a kill. It is an unbeatable strategy.
I am not even arguing Bayonetta loses the MU, are people unable to accept ROB is better at zoning than Bayonetta and have no problem countering BC spamming?????

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
ROB doesn't need to stop you from spamming BC, he can just use lasers and gyro to rack up damage while you get able 4% every once in a while (that is not counting stale move). Spamming BC makes his life easier, not only is the move easy to react to, you are just making yourself extremely predictable.
I literally hate your guts right now.

ANSWER. THE F***ING. QUESTION.

You claim, over and over, that Rob can easily counter BC spam, but REFUSE to say how or why. WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION?! I'm not even going to waste everyone's time by addressing the rest of your post because I'll just be repeating myself. You have got to be one of the dumbest, most thick-headed people I've dealt with in a long time (and believe me, I've dealt with some very special individuals).

You are actively HINDERING progressive discussion.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
You claim, over and over, that Rob can easily counter BC spam, but REFUSE to say how or why.
ROB can easily out zone Bayonetta with Gyro and beam, Bullet Climax gets eaten by his laser since you can't move while shooting, whether it be a half charged or full charged.
Easy, use gyro to limit her movement and give yourself space. BC doesn't have the range laser has and it has notable startup and endlag. Even if ROB is hit by BC he isn't in any sort of danger, BC doesn't have any sort of follow up like gyro do and isn't even as damaging as full charged laser. BC put very little pressure on ROB who can put on massive pressure with just gyro.
Bullet Climax does 1.35% uncharged and shoots with a slight upwards angle, force Bayonetta to be close to use it if the opponent just crouch. Bullet Climax also has gaps between each shot giving the opponent enough time to block if they were hit. So Bullet Climax is not very good at racking damage nor pressuring unless the opponent is slow, tall and doesn't have a good projectile. Bullet Climax also has very little utility outside of edgeguarding and zoning larger targets.
ROB, while he is a large target, has a decent projectile that out range Bullet Climax. If Bayonetta spams Bullet Climax, ROB can jump over and punish if he is close, shield if Bayonetta is using it at mid range or punish it with a laser if Bullet Climax can't reach him. ROB's gyro can help make sure the latter happens most of the time. Using gyro forces Bayonetta to move back and, in return, give ROB more room. ROB can also just jump and toss the gyro to hit Bayonetta, so trying to corner ROB when he has a gyro is extremely hard. ROB is also a heavy character, so you will need to land tons of Bullet Climax to get to kill %.
There is very little flexibility as to have Bullet Climax can be used, so spamming the move only makes yourself extremely predictable. There is very little ROB has to worry about if you just spam Bullet Climax.
If you want Bullet Climax to be useful, don't spam it. Use it as a surprise option or to reset the neutral. SPAMMING BULLET CLIMAX IS STUPID (unless up against a slow and tall character without good projectiles).

Did I say I care about the ROB MU discussion? The only thing I care about is how overrated BC's zoning capability is. Maybe Bayonetta wins the MU against ROB, but spamming BC isn't hard for a good ROB to counter.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
Do you think I didn't know? Just because gyro gets eaten by BC doesn't mean ROB is always in its way.
If gyro doesn't get eaten up by BC, does it means ROB can't get hit by it? The two has no connection.
Nobody's saying it's guaranteed, but ROB's size combined with BC's range means that him getting sniped after a Gyro attempt is usually a likely possibility.

Did I say I care about the ROB MU discussion?
Why are you here then? If the perspective on BC bothers you so much then make a thread about it or something. Otherwise, you're being far more of a detriment to discussion then anything else by clumsily arguing here.

Last edited:

Patriarachnid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patriarachnid
3DS FC
1134-8770-6048
For what it's worth, as someone who plays both :4rob:and :4bayonetta:, I think the MU is in :4bayonetta:'s favor. ROB's approach is kind of bad, and Bayo can force him to approach with BC and dTilt BA, both of which ROB is too slow to punish. Plus, ROB's big and heavy (read: total combo food), and his recovery, while good, is punishable. In general, his weaknesses all kind of play into Bayo's strengths.

Could be wrong; I've never seen a high-level match between these two, and that's ultimately what we should be looking at. But, still, just my two cents.

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
I literally hate your guts right now.

ANSWER. THE F***ING. QUESTION.

You claim, over and over, that Rob can easily counter BC spam, but REFUSE to say how or why. WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION?! I'm not even going to waste everyone's time by addressing the rest of your post because I'll just be repeating myself. You have got to be one of the dumbest, most thick-headed people I've dealt with in a long time (and believe me, I've dealt with some very special individuals).

Oh no, we have another person who overrates BC. Please. Are you gonna tell me Bayonetta can just spam BC for 80% of the match? Are you saying we can out zone ROB with just BC?
ARE YOU SAYING BULLET CLIMAX IS BETTER THAN LASER AND GYRO COMBINED????

From now on, I will endlessly spam BC and only approach for a kill. It is an unbeatable strategy.
I am not even arguing Bayonetta loses the MU, are people unable to accept ROB is better at zoning than Bayonetta and have no problem countering BC spamming?????
I feel like we need to maybe tone it down a bit. I am not against debating match-ups, but this is just getting out of hand. Please try not to throw insults at each other because you disagree on something.

Could be wrong; I've never seen a high-level match between these two, and that's ultimately what we should be looking at. But, still, just my two cents.
I agree with this. Here are a few top-level matches I found between Bayonetta and R.O.B. I personally have no opinion on this discussion, so I'll let you guys analyze it yourself and decide who wins in the match-up.

Mister Eric (R.O.B.) vs. Pink Fresh (Bayonetta) - S@X 152
8BitMan (R.O.B.) vs. Riot (Bayonetta) - EagleLAN (Pre-Patch Bayo!!!)
Gyo (R.O.B.) vs. AeroLink (Bayonetta) - SW 69 (Pre-Patch Bayo!!!)

Hope this helped!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Nobody's saying it's guaranteed, but ROB's size combined with BC's range means that him getting sniped after a Gyro attempt is usually a likely possibility.
Yeah, but it has nothing to do with whether gyro gets eaten by BC.

Why are you here then? If the perspective on BC bothers you so much then make a thread about it or something. Otherwise, you're being far more of a detriment to discussion then anything else by clumsily arguing here.
The only thing I care about is how overrated BC's zoning capability is.
It was the next sentence.

ROB's approach is kind of bad, and Bayo can force him to approach with BC and dTilt BA, both of which ROB is too slow to punish.
Dtilt BA doesn't do hitstun and deals little damage (nice damage racker though), BC is not too hard to counter since laser out reach it. And I just remembered, wasn't Arm Rotor a reflector? Did test it but can Arm Rotor sent BC back to Bayonetta?

Plus, ROB's big and heavy (read: total combo food), and his recovery, while good, is punishable. In general, his weaknesses all kind of play into Bayo's strengths.
I heavily agree on the recovery part, but you mustn't forget ROB's aerial mobility is pretty good and he aerial has high range and is great and zoning.
ROB has great zoning due to laser and gyro, and his aerials is pretty hard to contest. Being zoned is one of Bayonetta's greatest weakness so I am not too sure if Bayonetta wins the MU.

I feel like we need to maybe tone it down a bit. I am not against debating match-ups, but this is just getting out of hand. Please try not to throw insults at each other because you disagree on something.
Yeah, it was really getting out of hand. For something so trivial too. All I was saying is ROB doesn't have problems countering BC spamming.

Patriarachnid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patriarachnid
3DS FC
1134-8770-6048
I agree with this. Here are a few top-level matches I found between Bayonetta and R.O.B. I personally have no opinion on this discussion, so I'll let you guys analyze it yourself and decide who wins in the match-up.

Mister Eric (R.O.B.) vs. Pink Fresh (Bayonetta) - S@X 152
8BitMan (R.O.B.) vs. Riot (Bayonetta) - EagleLAN (Pre-Patch Bayo!!!)
Gyo (R.O.B.) vs. AeroLink (Bayonetta) - SW 69 (Pre-Patch Bayo!!!)

Hope this helped!
Thanks for this. Some random scattered thoughts:

- lmao at bayo losing pre-patch but curb-stomping post-patch. 1.1.6 was buffs confirmed.

- Still think the matchup favors Bayo, but it's close.

- ROB's got a strong neutral, but is put at a SERIOUS disadvantage should he ever lose it. Bayo's punish game can be scary.

- Gyro beats ABK, apparently.

-Pink Fresh is a god.

-Nice back air.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I think we've came to a conclusion about ROB. It's in Bayonetta's favor and most likely 55:45.

Shall we talk about Ryu?

Patriarachnid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patriarachnid
3DS FC
1134-8770-6048
Shall we talk about Ryu?
My gut tells me that Bayo should win this matchup, since Ryu's projectile is bad, he's not the best at approaching, and his recovery is theoretically susceptible to Witch Time. Bat Within might also get us out of some of his combos, and I think BA Nair/Uair can break Focus Attack.

However, I don't think it's wise to underestimate Ryu. He's got better frame data, a combo game that is on par with ours, and True Shoryu, which kills SUPER early. Plus, he's got easy-bake shield breaker moves.

So, idk. I'mma say... 55:45, in our favor?

Fenny

Smash Ace
I think we've came to a conclusion about ROB. It's in Bayonetta's favor and most likely 55:45.

Shall we talk about Ryu?
Ryu scares me on the ground, just for his superior frame data and kill power combined with our light weight. It means that he's more than capable at killing us in the yellow-orange range with TSRK kill confirms. He's also on the heavier side, which sort of agitates the mild case of Shiek syndrome we caught this patch.

However, once we get him in the air he's at a notable disadvantage since he doesn't have the best aerial mobility out there and Focus Attack is shut down by her extended Nair/Uair. Edgeguarding him isn't a big problem at all either since his recovery is so linear in nature and Bayo has all the options necessary to shut it down. Just be smart with how you go about it because his recovery hurts if you actually get hit by them.

I think it comes down to who has the best tools in neutral. While Ryu wants to keep you grounded for the most part so he can get them tasty SF combos off, Bayo wants Ryu airborne so she can stiletto the **** out of him. So really it's whoever wins neutral the most who wins the day here. I'm leaning a smidge towards the witch here though - Ryu doesn't have the greatest approach options, with his overall mobility being worse than Bayo's and his projectile being subpar. Bayo on the other hand can force approaches with BA dtilt.

Would be nice to have a Ryu main to throw in his two cents here.

Last edited:

Patriarachnid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patriarachnid
3DS FC
1134-8770-6048
Ryu scares me on the ground, just for his superior frame data and kill power combined with our light weight. It means that he's more than capable at killing us in the yellow-orange range with TSRK kill confirms. He's also on the heavier side, which sort of agitates the mild case of Shiek syndrome we caught this patch.

However, once we get him in the air he's at a notable disadvantage since he doesn't have the best aerial mobility out there and Focus Attack is shut down by her extended Nair/Uair. Edgeguarding him isn't a big problem at all either since his recovery is so linear in nature and Bayo has all the options necessary to shut it down. Just be smart with how you go about it because his recovery hurts if you actually get hit by them.

I think it comes down to who has the best tools in neutral. While Ryu wants to keep you grounded for the most part so he can get them tasty SF combos off, Bayo wants Ryu airborne so she can stiletto the **** out of him. So really it's whoever wins neutral the most who wins the day here. I'm leaning a smidge towards the witch here though - Ryu doesn't have the greatest approach options, with his overall mobility being worse than Bayo's and his projectile being subpar. Bayo on the other hand can force approaches with BA dtilt.

We really should have a name for these types of super-polarized matchups, where both sides need to only do X and then the rest of the match is a cakewalk (ie. Bayo vs. Little Mac). The lone MU numbers sell them a bit short, I think.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Ryu is annoying since if he wants he can be super safe. However, we have the advantage of BA attacks to **** on Focus, superior aerial range (but not priority), and BC, which he can't do much about since he's tall, and BC breaks Hadouken. Also I'm pretty glad that we have a roughly even matchup with Cloud, who's robably the best character ATM, since he's got Little Mac syndrome, can't camp since we've got BC, as well as the fact that we've got numerous answers to his dair.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
It's a good thing I use Ryu and I recently fought an amazing Ryu player in my area.

It really depends on how good the Bayo player on avoiding Ryu and knowing his character, but what you just said is pretty spot-on with the MU. The Ryu player I fought (who is 3rd on the Oklahoma PR) is recorded. I used Bayonetta in game 2. I missed a few kill confirms though, but it's the best footage I have.

In the end. I do believe it is 55:45 in Bayonetta's favor.

Last edited:

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
So how about the Fox MU? I've been having trouble with that, moreso than even normally hard ones like Tink or Yoshi. Rosaluma and Shulk I also need to work on, but Fox's excellent neutral keeps shutting me down. Any tips?

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Something to keep in the back of your mind against Fox is that he needs to hit you with an attack to end your stock. No kill throws. So Witch Time will be a threat to him. Bayonetta's edgeguarding is also a big help here, as Fox can be dealt with offstage pretty darn frequently. Neutral is tricky, but advantage and disadvantage are pretty good for Bayo. I dunno if Bat Within can really help you escape the Fox vortex, but it is an extra layer he has to deal with, and it's there. Matches with Fox in them tend to be explosive and momentum-based affairs, regardless of his opponent.

I don't have enough practice against him to put a number on it, but in theory it's possibly slight Bayo favor imo.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Something to keep in the back of your mind against Fox is that he needs to hit you with an attack to end your stock. No kill throws. So Witch Time will be a threat to him. Bayonetta's edgeguarding is also a big help here, as Fox can be dealt with offstage pretty darn frequently. Neutral is tricky, but advantage and disadvantage are pretty good for Bayo. I dunno if Bat Within can really help you escape the Fox vortex, but it is an extra layer he has to deal with, and it's there. Matches with Fox in them tend to be explosive and momentum-based affairs, regardless of his opponent.

I don't have enough practice against him to put a number on it, but in theory it's possibly slight Bayo favor imo.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
So, what are your thoughts on the Cloud MU? He's a top tier threat to many characters. and I find the MU a bit difficult with Bayo.

Advantages for Cloud: He combos us pretty well since we fall fast, and he has a pretty big advantage over us on stages like Battlefield, which we normally love. He has a big range on the majority of his attacks, and can kill us pretty early, especially with Limit charged. He wins the neutral and forces us to approach by charging Limit, butour approach options aren't the best.

Advantages for Bayo: His recovery isn't the best, which we can exploit more than many other characters. He is also pretty good combo fodder if he has Limit charged at low percent, since it makes him fall faster. His aerial approaches are also susceptible to Witch Time.

In my opinion, he has an advantage, but it's pretty close. Don't take him to Battlefield or Dreamland under any circumstances. If you have the option, ban them. It seems like Omega stages with walls are best for us, but Lylat Cruise is also a good option.

Last edited:

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
So, what are your thoughts on the Cloud MU? He's a top tier threat to many characters. and I find the MU a bit difficult with Bayo.

Advantages for Cloud: He combos us pretty well since we fall fast, and he has a pretty big advantage over us on stages like Battlefield, which we normally love. He has a big range on the majority of his attacks, and can kill us pretty early, especially with Limit charged. He wins the neutral and forces us to approach by charging Limit, butour approach options aren't the best.

Advantages for Bayo: His recovery isn't the best, which we can exploit more than many other characters. He is also pretty good combo fodder if he has Limit charged at low percent, since it makes him fall faster. His aerial approaches are also susceptible to Witch Time.

In my opinion, he has an advantage, but it's pretty close. Don't take him to Battlefield or Dreamland under any circumstances. If you have the option, ban them. It seems like Omega stages with walls are best for us, but Lylat Cruise is also a good option.
The Bayo discord thinks that the matchup is either even, or even in our favor. The main reasons being exactly as you said, but also that we can stuff any and all dairs from him easily, taking away one of his approaching options, and thanks to our relatively good disjoints and lingering hitboxes, we can make it very uncomfortable for him to exist. His limit camping is kind of iffy for me. BC technically stops it from max range, but he can also dash under it, but I wonder if you just only do it sparingly that it might work. Dtilt bullets can "force" an approach, if he's willing to take damage in order to charge limit, but don't count on it. The real discrepency comes with how easily he can kill us compared to him, which is why it's imparative to always, ALWAYS go for the gimp (if he doesn't have limit). Thanks to these reasons, I think it's even, but the Discord thinks it's in our favor.

Battlefield Cloud is hell, never do it. Lylat and FD are what you should look for.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I'm lazy right now so i'll give a quick summary for the Cloud MU.

It all depends on what stage you pick 50:50

Last edited:

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
The Bayo discord thinks that the matchup is either even, or even in our favor. The main reasons being exactly as you said, but also that we can stuff any and all dairs from him easily, taking away one of his approaching options, and thanks to our relatively good disjoints and lingering hitboxes, we can make it very uncomfortable for him to exist. His limit camping is kind of iffy for me. BC technically stops it from max range, but he can also dash under it, but I wonder if you just only do it sparingly that it might work. Dtilt bullets can "force" an approach, if he's willing to take damage in order to charge limit, but don't count on it. The real discrepency comes with how easily he can kill us compared to him, which is why it's imparative to always, ALWAYS go for the gimp (if he doesn't have limit). Thanks to these reasons, I think it's even, but the Discord thinks it's in our favor.

Battlefield Cloud is hell, never do it. Lylat and FD are what you should look for.
Thanks for the info! Your points make total sense, and I think now I'll have to agree with you on it being even. I don't think I'd go so far as to say it's in our favor, though. Maybe I'll check out the Discord thread and see what could possibly make them think the MU is in our favor...

What would be the best thing to do if Cloud counter picks either Battlefield or Dreamland? I know you should avoid it at all costs, but sometimes it's out of your hands. It seems like SH aerials and SH Bullet Climax would be helpful if he's on a platform, but he definitely has a big advantage.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info! Your points make total sense, and I think now I'll have to agree with you on it being even. I don't think I'd go so far as to say it's in our favor, though. Maybe I'll check out the Discord thread and see what could possibly make them think the MU is in our favor...

What would be the best thing to do if Cloud counter picks either Battlefield or Dreamland? I know you should avoid it at all costs, but sometimes it's out of your hands. It seems like SH aerials and SH Bullet Climax would be helpful if he's on a platform, but he definitely has a big advantage.
Well I'm no genius, but the only thing I can think to do is simply try and use the platforms to your advantage. I know that's easy to say, but we've got surprising platform options. Utilt, of course, hits platforms above us, but also if he falls on them (and this applies to any character), BA nair covers every option, even if he techs. It's rough, but if we lose, then it's our turn to counterpick, amirite?

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm no genius, but the only thing I can think to do is simply try and use the platforms to your advantage. I know that's easy to say, but we've got surprising platform options. Utilt, of course, hits platforms above us, but also if he falls on them (and this applies to any character), BA nair covers every option, even if he techs. It's rough, but if we lose, then it's our turn to counterpick, amirite?
Thanks for the info! I actually didn't know that BA Nair could cover all the options on the platform! I'll be certain to store that away for future reference. I suppose stage counterpicking is the one good thing about losing a game (as long as it doesn't end the match, that is!).

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
ryu is a matchup baasically decided on who can win neutral and who is more effective with combos.
ryu has anti witch time options at a local when i witch times a ryu spamming upilt he cancelled into frame one invicible shoryuken and was perfectly safe. really think that one should be dicussed more.
against cloud take him to lylat and make him eat bc for the entire match

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
ryu is a matchup baasically decided on who can win neutral and who is more effective with combos.
ryu has anti witch time options at a local when i witch times a ryu spamming upilt he cancelled into frame one invicible shoryuken and was perfectly safe. really think that one should be dicussed more.
against cloud take him to lylat and make him eat bc for the entire match
Hahah, it's a good thing we have bans when we get counterpicked by Cloud, because otherwise he would just always BF.

Fenny

Smash Ace
Guys, what is the Lucario matchup like?

Is it just me or is his Aura reward like Bayo's worst nightmare?

blackghost

Smash Champion
Guys, what is the Lucario matchup like?

Is it just me or is his Aura reward like Bayo's worst nightmare?
lucario isnt bad. in general characters with bad normals and no kill throw arent hard to deal with. aura is scary but lucario isnt that much a threat but hes harder to gimp.

Fenny

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've started fighting him as normal without being intimidated by his Aura and instead try to close out his stock as soon as possible. Even though Extremespeed is harder to gimp than most, it also has insane endlag. If you successfully pressure him enough offstage, more often than not they end up landing on the stage instead of catching the ledge - that's usually when I punish him now at high percents.

I you could also WTime him during his Up B but most of the time its a lot harder to punish than what it's actually worth to waste a use.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've started fighting him as normal without being intimidated by his Aura and instead try to close out his stock as soon as possible. Even though Extremespeed is harder to gimp than most, it also has insane endlag. If you successfully pressure him enough offstage, more often than not they end up landing on the stage instead of catching the ledge - that's usually when I punish him now at high percents.

I you could also WTime him during his Up B but most of the time its a lot harder to punish than what it's actually worth to waste a use.
this actually correlates with what zero said. lucario players are so used to people playing scared with aura they don expect you to play normal.
also to try to revive this thread is falcon basically the mu that is best for us in the game?

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
this actually correlates with what zero said. lucario players are so used to people playing scared with aura they don expect you to play normal.
also to try to revive this thread is falcon basically the mu that is best for us in the game?
Falcon is Cake, so is Roy. Nothing to fear from them, unlike perhaps Tink or Diddy.

Fenny

Smash Ace
Yep. Him and Roy have a fatal weakness to WTime, Bullet Arts force them to approach, they're combo food and you can basically gimp them for free. Roy gets bodied especially hard since unlike Falcon he doesn't get much off of grabs at all. Just bait reactions out of them with short hops and punish them accordingly and you should be kosher.

blackghost

Smash Champion
after watching pink fresh vs a pretty good ryu at midwest mayhem ryu bayo is the most explosive 50-50 mu in the game. it plays more like a game of melee than smash 4. im trying to get better at the ryu matchup any advice?

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
after watching pink fresh vs a pretty good ryu at midwest mayhem ryu bayo is the most explosive 50-50 mu in the game. it plays more like a game of melee than smash 4. im trying to get better at the ryu matchup any advice?
Bullet Climax, nuff said. I saw the same match, and it woulda been a lot less close if PF used more BC, seriously. Ryu can't do much at all. Also, use BA nair or uair to catch Focus attempts, it's not a hard MU tbh.

Fenny

Smash Ace
I KNOW RIGHT IT'S GREAT

Anyways, Heel Slide goes low enough to slide right under his Hadoken on a flat platform, so against Ryu it's a nice punish tool. And like Flamegeyser said, Bullet Climax does a good job at pressuring Ryu from a distance and I'm pretty sure its bullets clank with his projectile.

Also, one thing PF wasn't utilising a lot was Bayo's aerial BAs, which pretty much eat through Ryu's down B like Cheetos. Considering that's Ryu's safest way of landing against her, her BA aerials give Ryu a really hard time.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
wait BA beats focus? but they dont do any hitstun. i always assumed nothing would happen.

OwntheLoner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4506-8954
I want to play this matchup just to slide under Hadoukens. The look on the other dudes father will be hilarious.

Fenny

Smash Ace
wait BA beats focus? but they dont do any hitstun. i always assumed nothing would happen.
Not the bullets themselves, the extended hitbox of the kicks. Uair in particular brutalises Focus as a landing option if it makes contact.

And like Flamegeyser said, Bullet Climax is incredibly unkind to him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom