• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlebots Discussion Thread

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
EDIT: Also, did Lockjaw start smoking after it's first hit?
Yeah I think.

Anyways, that fight between Huge and Hydra was bull****. He didn't respect the rules and judgement of the Ref, and still he won unanimously against Huge. Hydra didn't even use it's primary weapon while Huge landed a hit, meaning it won out in aggression.

I still don't get how not even one judge found that to be against the rules.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think.

Anyways, that fight between Huge and Hydra was bull****. He didn't respect the rules and judgement of the Ref, and still he won unanimously against Huge. Hydra didn't even use it's primary weapon while Huge landed a hit, meaning it won out in aggression.

I still don't get how not even one judge found that to be against the rules.
I'm getting worried about the show at this point. These fights are not the ones that will get Battlebots renewed, and Battlebots is saying something about a primary weapon rule. I just hope it's not anywhere similar to the one that almost killed the show. Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have less commercials.

I perfer Ray Billings as the 'villian'. Tht may just be bias, because I'm a Tombstone fan, but he was more enjoyable to watch then Hydra's team. I would say match Hydra and Tombstone, but Deep Six might be better for both of them.

Sportsman points go to Donald Hudson, with one of the most underrated bots in the reboot.

How come the net thing happened, and they restarted, but this match didn't?

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting Discovery+. If not for Bounty Hunters, for the less commercials.

EDIT: Starting the Bronco episode now!
EDIT: Whyachi's doing an AMA on reddit today. I wish I could get a Reddit account.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here is the fight card for the upcoming episode:

My thought:
  • Rotator Vs Valkyrie: Having coming off from a loss to BETA in its first match, can Victor Soto redeem himself when he takes on Valkyrie?
  • Extinguisher Vs Gigabyte: Two bots who are aiming to get their first win of the season. Can either of them get off to claim 1-0?
  • Slap Box Vs Sharko: Slap Box were outmatched by Tombstone in its first match whilst Sharko lost out to SMEEEEEEEEEE. Only one of these bots can claim victory.
  • MadCatter Vs Malice: Two bots who had already got two wins so far within their campaign. Only one of them will claim 3-0.
  • Atom #94 Vs Tantrum: Atom #94 had a horrid start in which they suffered reliability issues with their drive. Can they redeem themselves against Tantrum who came so close to causing an upset against Valkyrie in its last match before they were immobilised?
  • Pain Train Vs SMEEEEEEEEEE: Pain Train had a lot of drive issues when it faced against SlamMow! and it will face even more of a challenge when it faces SMEEEEEEEEE. This will depend on how efficient their spinner can cause any damage to SMEEEEEEEE.
  • Uppercut Vs Sawblaze: The main fight of the night. Sawblaze fended off Whiplash to claim their first win whilst Uppercut KO'd Gemini within its first match. This will be a very interesting fight.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Rotator VS Valkyrie-Going Rotator. Just overall better.
Extinguisher Vs Gigabyte-Gigabyte. They fixed the issue with the pole, and I believe Gigabyte can be a dangerous competitor.
Slap Box Vs Sharko-Sharko. I want Sharko to win.
MadCatter Vs Malice-Common sense says Malice, they ARE pretty good. But my heart says MadCatter because Martin Mason.
Atom #94 Vs Tantrum-Tantrum is the objectively better robot.
Pain Train Vs SMEEEEEEEEEE-It's SM(Infinity E's).
Uppercut Vs Sawblaze-Sawblaze has one of the best divers in the sport. This is gonna be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the results:

• Rotator Vs Valkyrie: Probably one of the best matches of the episode. Both bots were creating damage, but when Valkyrie tore up parts of Rotator, I had a feeling that the judge's decision will be in favor of Valkyrie who are now 2-0.
  • Extinguisher Vs Gigabyte: Things are not going to plan for Extinguisher as they picked up their second loss. Their axe weapon got completely buckled and their loss of a wheel costed them the match, leaving Gigabyte to take their first win of their campaign.
  • Slap Box Vs Sharko: Sharko was on the aggression early when it took a chomp on Slap Box's lifter, however that lifter proved to be their main asset as it flipped Sharko numerous times before it rendered Sharko immobile which awarded Slap Box their first win.
  • MadCatter Vs Malice: If there is any team which had really shone this season, it will have to be Martin Mason and MadCatter. The team really had made a vast improvement from last season (especially with their run on King of Bots II in China) and their good run continued as they sent Malice onto its back. With the win, this meant that MadCatter are the first team to win 3-0 and possibly making a big step to making it through to the next round.
  • Atom #94 Vs Tantrum: Poor Atom #94, they started off so well but then Tantrum came back on the aggressive and its high ground clearance was always going to be vulnerable and it costed them the match.
  • Pain Train Vs SMEEEEEEEE: This one is a rather strange match. Pain Train were still suffering stability and drive issues from their last match but it did took a chunk out of one of SMEEEEEEE's weapon, but then they lost the spinner on its own accord.
  • Uppercut Vs Sawblaze: Sawblaze ended up getting TKO'ed by Uppercut who continued their impressive run.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
SPOILERS

• Rotator vs Valkyrie: I knew Valkyrie would win when this went to a JD. Bad luck for Rotator, but if they get a dominant win, I can see them getting a low seed.
  • Extinguisher Vs Gigabyte: FINNALLY, A MATCH WHERE NOTHING GOES WRONG FOR GIGABYTE.
  • Slap Box Vs Sharko: All of Sharko's matches are dominated by my feelings of sadness for Edward Robinson. Slap Box needed this win, though.
  • MadCatter Vs Malice: I was happy at the outcome because Malice still likely gets in and Martin Mason. That man is a treasure.
  • Atom #94 Vs Tantrum: No comment.
  • Pain Train Vs SMEEEEEEEE: I though SM(ExInfinity) was the winner here, but I can see how Pain Train got it. I don't envy the judges.
  • Uppercut Vs Sawblaze: This main event is better then Tombstone vs Minotaur! After this match ended, I sat on the couch, starring at the wall as I tried to process what just happened. Imagine being Lisa Winter.
SIDE NOTE
I can see Bloodsport getting first seed.
Uppercut likely gets a high seed.
So does Kraken.
Hydra might get a semi-high seed.
If Rotator and Witch Doctor win their next fights, they might get a middle-low seed and a middle seed respectively.
Tombstone's getting in. No idea where, but if Tombstone is within the rules, he's in.
Sawblaze middle seed. They still have a dominant win over Whiplash.
If Whiplash wins it's next fights, they're getting into the tournament.
Hypershock could get into the tournament, and possibly win it with some insane matchup luck.
Lockjaw.....Is probably in but no idea where.
Copperhead might get a middleishseed,

Also, why didn't DUCK get in the top 16 in the first place in the 2018 season?
Yes, I'm just waiting for someone to post so I'm not double posting.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
SMEEEEEEE dislocated his hip, and Pain Train's dentures fell out. That fight was like watching two drunk old guys slapping each other over the last bagel at the breakfast stand

dezeray112

Smash Hero
And here is the fight card for the next episode:

My thoughts and predictions:

• Captain Shredderator Vs Axe Backwards: Two robots who have yet to score their first win of the season and either of these two bots can get themselves to a 1-1 record. Brian Nave will hope to fix Captain Shredderator's reliability issues which costed them their first fight after losing against Lockjaw. On the other hand Axe Backwards who has a very poor track record within the past seasons of Battlebots will want to put behind their disappointing loss in its first fight against Malice and hope to salvage something in its second fight. They will need to be very cautious and not let their exposed wheels get caught on to Shredderator's spinner.
  • P1 Vs Copperhead: Copperhead had gotten off to a great start as it dismantled Gigabyte in its fight. Now they face off against P1 who are making their first start of the season. P1 will most likely want to avoid that drum spinner of Copperhead because if they do not, they could be in trouble.
  • BETA Vs Rusty: BETA managed to scrape their first win after a judge's decision awarded them with their first win whilst Rusty surprised in its first fight by beating Sporkinok. Will we finally get to see BETA's hammer in action this time?
  • Hypershock Vs Mammoth: Hypershock and Will Bales are still looking to get their season off the mark after it suffered reliability issues which costed them their last match. Mammoth on the other hand are looking to keep their winning streak going, but if Hypershock can repair their issues, they could be up for a challenge.
  • Sporkinok Vs Sub-Zero: Sub-Zero managed to gain its first win after beating Grabot in its last fight. They hope to go 2-1 if they can beat Sporkinok who has yet to gain its first win after its surprising loss against Rusty.
  • Tracer Vs Bale Spear: Tracer will be looking to gain its first win after losing to Ribbot in their first fight as they face off against Bale Spear. I'm not exactly too sure how effective Bale Spear's weaponry can cause damage to Tracer and how much its armour can deflect the spinner.
  • Whiplash Vs Gruff: Whiplash came off with a losing start after it was outpaced by Sawblaze in its first match in which Matt Vasquez desperately needs to get a win in hopes of keeping his chances of advancing to the top 32 alive. They will be up against Gruff who is looking to gain their second win after beating Hypershock.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Captain Shredderator Vs Axe Backwards: Shredderator can be very good when they work. While Ax Backwards....
P1 Vs Copperhead: P1. Copperhead had noticeable drive issues when they fought Gigabyte. Meanwhile P1
Did very well in Bounty Hunters.
BETA Vs Rusty: Beta. Just Beta.
Hypershock Vs Mammoth: I'm rooting for Hypershock. Possibly from biasment, but Will Bales is a great driver, and definately could get around Mammoth's side to get to her(yes mammoth is a she) wheels.
Sporkinok Vs Sub-Zero: I have a weird feeling Sub-Zero is going to win.
Tracer Vs Bale Spear: Bale Spear.
They beat Chomp in Bounty Hunters. That was NOT something anyone expected, and they may have turned around in luck.
Whiplash Vs Gruff: Whiplash is one of the few bots that could go toe to toe with Tombstone. Tombstone has actually had reasonable losses. 3 to Bite Force, because it's BITE FORCE. 1 to Bombshell, when Tombstone had a shorter chain and was pretty damaged. 1 to Rotator, Tombstone still functioned for half the match while on fire. 1 to End Game, everyone makes mistakes. That was a rare driving mistake from Ray Billings. So I'm going Whiplash. Gruff also had a match with Tombstone. Tombstone had barely any damage, and flamethrower's don't score aggression. That WAS a close match, but Tombstone won.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the results:

• Captain Shredderator Vs Axe Backwards: This battle went a lot longer than expected with several good hits from both bots, however I did say that Axe Backwards' exposed wheels will always be its weakness and Cpt. Shredderator took it out, which gave them an all important win.
  • P1 Vs Copperhead: What a disappointment for P1, it only took two hits by Copperhead to deem themselves immobile.
  • BETA Vs Rusty: It was always going to be a huge challenge for Rusty as it took on John Reid's BETA. Once again, John's experience showed during the match and gave Rusty a good old bashing with its hammer. Rusty's task will not get any easier as it goes to face Sawblaze in its next fight.
  • Hypershock Vs Mammoth: Will Bales' driving really continued to impress in which it utilised its speed to outpace Mammoth before its weapon eventually toppled Mammoth. With a win in hand, They will face a challenge in their next fight which is believed to be against EndGame.
  • Sporkinok Vs Sub-Zero: Another easy win for Sub-Zero as it took out Sporkinok. Once again, I just don't know whether Sporkinok lacked any power within their robot because that is what is letting it down.
  • Whiplash Vs Gruff: Whiplash needed a win to keep their hopes alive whilst Gruff could go 2-0. Unfortunately for Gruff, it wasn't able to capitalise what they had did against Hypershock and Whiplash dominated the entire fight which it won in a unaminous decision awarded them their first win.

Here is the fight card for the upcoming episode:

Last edited:

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts.

Kracken vs HUGE: There are few ways Kracken could win this. Somehow get a clamp on HUGE's wheels, or buy the bike rack. I hope HUGE wins, because Kracken still would be likely to get in the tournament with a win over the runner-up and a match that should have been a win. Going HUGE.
Axolotl vs Ribbot: Ribbot is a pretty good bot, while I've never seen Axolotl fight. Going Ribbot.
Rotator vs Big Dill: Rotator has had a TONE of bad luck this year, and hard matchups. Big Dill is pretty good, but Rotator has fought Tombstone and won. Going Rotator.
Jackpot vs Lockjaw: On a hunch, going Lockjaw.
Bloodsport vs Chronos: Bloodsport is almost certainly getting a 1-8 seed. Chronos....isn't that great. Going Bloodsport.
WAR?EZ! vs Fusion: In the video that I saw, WAR?EZ! didn't look like it had a strong weapon. Going Fusion.
Tombstone vs Skorpios: There are a few pictures of this match on Instagram, one looked like Tombstone was about to hit the hammer arm, the other looked like Skorpios had wheels that weren't....looking right. Going Tombstone.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
And here is this week's fight card:

My thoughts:
  • Shatter! Vs Captain Shredderator: Both teams are sitting on 1-1 as they are vying to earn their second win. Shatter! lost to a judges decision against Malice whilst Captain Shredderator finally earned their first Battlebots win after beating Axe Backwards. I do question whether Shatter!'s armour can withstand the hits from Shredderator and if Brian Nave can do what he did against Axe Backwards, he could be looking to gain his second win.
  • HiJinx Vs Chomp: HiJinx lost their first fight against Claw Viper and will need to get a result against Chomp who defeated Gamma 9 in its first bout. Even though Chomp isn't exactly quick meaning that this will give enough time for HiJinx's weapon to get up to speed and they could look to try and take parts of Chomp's side armour off.
  • Claw Viper Vs Gigabyte: After losing against Black Dragon in its second fight, its pretty much all or nothing for them as they take on Gigabyte who also needs to win this fight if they were to have any chance of making it in to the round of 32. Claw Viper certainly has got the speed, but I feel they lack control which is something that Gigabyte will be wary of.
  • Slammow Vs Witch Doctor: So far its not looking great for last year's runners up as they suffered losses to Hydra and Kraken as they face Craig Danby's Slammow who came off from getting their first Battlebots win against Pain Train. Can Slammow earn their second win or will Witch Doctor cast a curse on them to earn their first win.
  • Gruff Vs Extinguisher: Coming off from their loss against Whiplash, Gruff will need to get something against Extinguisher. Extinguisher who had a very rough campaign after suffering losses to Perfect Phoenix and Gigabyte. They will need to get a win or else their chances of making it in to the round of 32 will diminish.
  • Atom #94 Vs Perfect Phoenix: Tyler Ngyuen's Perfect Phoenix currently sits on 1-1 and will have to get something against winless Atom #94 whose chances will depend on the outcome of the fight.
  • Black Dragon Vs Copperhead: Copperhead is currently enjoying their Battlebots campaign so far as they picked up convincing wins against Gigabyte and P1. Their next fight is against the Brazilian team of Black Dragon who are currently sitting on 2-0. Only one of these teams will gain a perfect 3-0 record.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Predictions:
Shrederator (after watching its first fight and its fights after the tournament in Bounty Hunters, I feel like its safe to say that Shrederator ****ting itself mid fight won't be an issue anymore)

Chomp (HiJinx has some issues)

Gigabyte (A grabber vs a full body spinner is not looking too good for the grabber.)

Slammow (could go either way + Witch Doctor has been having some issues)

Gruff (Extinguisher is a joke. Holy irony, Batman, its fighting a flamethrower bot.)

Perfect Phoenix (could go either way)

Copperhead (could go either way, but Copperhead has been very impressive so far)

UPDATES: Shrederator **** itself again, and I'm switching my prediction to Witch Doctor

Last edited:

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Predictions:
Shrederator (after watching its first fight and its fights after the tournament in Bounty Hunters, I feel like its safe to say that Shrederator ****ting itself mid fight won't be an issue anymore)

Chomp (HiJinx has some issues)

Gigabyte (A grabber vs a full body spinner is not looking too good for the grabber.)

Slammow (could go either way + Witch Doctor has been having some issues)

Gruff (Extinguisher is a joke. Holy irony, Batman, its fighting a flamethrower bot.)

Perfect Phoenix (could go either way)

Copperhead (could go either way, but Copperhead has been very impressive so far)

UPDATES: Shrederator **** itself again, and I'm switching my prediction to Witch Doctor
Hyjinx with the upset!
Also what if Extinguisher wins by KO-

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Thoughts on the results:

• Shatter! Vs Captain Shredderator: I felt that Shatter's tactics really worked out very well considering that it used its front armour to deflect Captain Shredderator's hits. Like John Reid, Adam is also very patient on when to execute its axe and it paid off as soon as Shredderator was smoking and stopped spinning. The win for Shatter will still put them in contention for a spot in the final 32.
  • HiJinx Vs Chomp: Well, I had a feeling that Chomp was going to face a challenge considering that since it is a walker, it does not have the pace and enables Hijinx's horizontal spinner to get up to speed to hit the vulnerable parts of Chomp, causing it to be immobile. This meant that HiJinx got their first win of their campaign.
  • Claw Viper Vs Gigabyte: Did anyone notice that Matt (who was a part of the Stinger team a couple of seasons ago) joined the Gigabyte team? Anyways once again, Claw Viper's lack of control is what costed them the fight and Gigabyte launched a couple of blows and it was a great strategy to attack their back side which is vulnerable.
  • Slammow Vs Witch Doctor: After picking up their first Battlebots win, Craig Danby could end up getting 2-0 if they can take on Witch Doctor who is struggling to get a win. Sadly, it wasn't to be as Witch Doctor completely annihilated poor Slammow to pick up their first win of the season.
  • Gruff Vs Extinguisher: What a real shame for the Gruff team as they had done all the work, only for it to become immobilised to gift Extinguisher a shocking win. This will put Gruff in an awkward predicament as they are 1-2. As for Extinguisher, even though they picked up their first win, I don't think it will be enough to get them in to the final 32.
  • Perfect Phoenix Vs Atom #94: Poor Atom #94. The Indian-Canadian team really struggled to pick up a win and it continued as they lost out to Tyler Nguyen's Perfect Phoenix who picked up their second win.
  • Copperhead Vs Black Dragon: Only one of these teams will go 3-0 and although I thought Minotaur Vs Cobalt was intense, this match is even more intense. But it was a convincing win for Copperhead who is likely to make it in to the last 32.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
I had Discovery Plus, but only watched the first 6 seconds of every fight.

THAT was a big upset. It picks up Perfect Phoenix's strength of schedule, though.
Can we get Stinger and Brutus back?
Copperhead looks like a real contender!
Congrats HiJinx!

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
And here is the latest fight card for the upcoming episode as this week its pretty much do or die as the teams aim to seal their spot in the round of 32:

• Uppercut Vs Hydra: This one will be a very interesting fight as both robots currently sit on 2-0. After demolishing Gemini and Sawblaze in its two fights can Uppercut pull all the stops as it faces Hydra who won both their fixtures due to a judges' decision and they will have to prove something against Uppercut to show what it is capable of.
  • Sawblaze Vs Rusty: Well, looks like poor Rusty is going to have a challenge ahead of its final match against Sawblaze who were convincingly beaten by Uppercut and hope to get their second win to keep their round of 32 hopes alive.
  • Tantrum Vs Gamma 9: Tantrum who managed to secure their first win against Atom #94 will be looking to gain their second as they face off against Gamma 9.
  • Hypershock Vs EndGame: Both teams currently sit on a 1-1 record and a win could move them a step forward to the round of 32. Hypershock endured a defeat to Gruff in its first match, but pounced back against Mammoth during their second fight. On the other hand, EndGame who stunned one of the heavyweights Tombstone in an impressive first match could not replicate its success against Bloodsport in its second tie. They will need a convincing win in order to keep their chances of advancing in to the round of 32.
  • P1 Vs SMEEEEEEEEE: P1 will need to get a result against SMEEEEEEEEEE's complex design as both teams currently sit on 1-1. P1 should probably utilise its speed which could give SMEEEEEEEE problems.
  • Grabot Vs Beta: Grabot had a rather unsuccessful campaign so far within this season and they face a mountainous task against the British basher, Beta. Beta already notched up two wins so far and this should be nothing more than a walkover for them.
  • Valkyrie Vs Whiplash: And here we are, the main fight of the episode as Whiplash needs a win to keep their hopes of advancing alive whilst Valkyrie who has already notched up two wins are seeking for their third to guarantee a place in the final 32.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the fights:

• Uppercut Vs Hydra: Well looks like Hydra has taken their campaign to 3-0 after giving a knockout to Uppercut. This is actually Hydra's 3rd time that they were awarded the win through the judges' decision.
  • Sawblaze Vs Rusty: Poor Rusty never really stood much of a chance against Sawblaze, despite running the full three minutes which is quite impressive.
  • Tantrum Vs Gamma 9: The poor armour of Gamma 9 is bound to be one of their weakspots and Tantrum really made good use of its weapon to demolish the side parts.
  • Hypershock Vs EndGame: The Kiwis need to get something against Hypershock to keep their round of 32 hopes alive and boy, did they deliver. Hypershock knocked out within a matter of seconds to give them the vital win.
  • P1 Vs SMEEEEEEEE: Probably the most entertaining fight of the night as P1 made very excellent use of its weapon, causing SMEEEEEEEE a lot of difficulties within the arena.
  • Grabot Vs Beta: We finally get to see more use of Beta's hammer in action as it caused devastating blows on to Grabot to give them a 3-0 record.
  • Valkyrie Vs Whiplash: Whiplash's tactics worked out really well against Valkyrie where it got its deserved win.

So the upcoming episode which consist of the round of 32 will start off which Hydra's route since they are given the number 1 seed by the selection commitee.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
So I've just Got into the Series. . .

Out of All the Seasons that Tombstone has competed in;

What is the Name of the Robot that gave Ray Billings his greatest on-screen Challenge. . .

Since Minotaur seemed to make Billings WORK for his victory; since that Brazilian Robot lasted a good amount of time before inevetably getting Defeated by Tombstone

Top Bottom